MoDaCo Exclusive - Google eBooks APK download

Guest PaulOBrien

googleebooks.png

Google have just announced Google eBooks, formerly known as Google Editions.

Detailed here at the Official Google Blog, eBooks is said to include over 3 million books and will include clients for a number of devices including those running Android and iOS.

The Android client will be hitting the market soon, but you don't want to wait do you? No, I didn't think so... so why don't you download the Google eBooks APK here - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid), a MoDaCo exclusive?

Enjoy! ;)

The official Google eBooks site can be found at http://books.google.com/ebooks.

P

Guest GraviticVortex

Google ebooks fails same way as Android market does.

"The latest Google eBooks are not available for sale in your location, yet..."

Google has still not learned the concept of international availability.

Something to learn from Amazon...

Guest talktoanil

Lets say i have a PDF now somehow i convert it to .PUB to any format compatible with Google eBook and now i want to read it using this app..how do i import it ?

I know how to convert PDF to Aldiko app supported format and then import it so that it gets added to Aldiko library.

How do i do this for this app ?

Please help me.

Two reasons I'll continue using Laputa:

1) The page turning effect. I'm just a sucker for that nice, 3D lifting of the page, and google ebooks sliding animation just doesn't do it for me.

2) As in the post above, I can't see anyway to import local files. It wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't an option.

Guest cenwulf

Thanks for the download, but it's Alkido + Project Gutenberg for me.

The search facility appears to bring back random hits, they only seem to have a fraction of the books that PG have (try searching Sir Arthur Conan Doyle), you can't narrow the search by language, they don't tell you what the book format is...

Back to converting all my various ebooks in Calibre

• 2 weeks later...
Guest grumpyoldman

I installed it before finding out too that it was USA only.

Different copyright rules in USA to other countries, probably means that Google will not be in a hurry to enable Google-eBooks in other countries soon. They have taken English books from everywhere into their database, but will not be in a hurry to allow all the countries they got them from to access them. Even though all that's required are some copyright rules for each country, that they will have to buy-in.

The good news.

Overdrive has produced an Android application to enable epub-DRM book lending from libraries - get it from the Google Marketplace: "Overdrive Media Console".

Previously Overdrive library software would only download to Adobe Digital Editions software - not available on Android.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Adrian Smith
Lets say i have a PDF now somehow i convert it to .PUB to any format compatible with Google eBook and now i want to read it using this app..how do i import it ?

I know how to convert PDF to Aldiko app supported format and then import it so that it gets added to Aldiko library.

How do i do this for this app ?

Please help me.

As cenwulf says below, Calibre (http://calibre-ebook.com/) is a great PC app for conversions.

• 5 months later...
Guest vince0614

ZTE is more famous for their budget-friendly OEM feature phones, but that doesn’t mean the company is going to miss out on the tablet bandwagon after eyeing the success by other manufacturers who are in the game. Well, their latest effort in the Android market would be the zte light that first appeared at MWC earlier this year, and has since gained FCC approval – which points towards a US release in the near future.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.