[ROM][newSense][24/01]DHD Rom Port by baadnwz v1.8b 720p REC|STABLE|FAST|1.72 Base

Guest baadnewz

Guest baadnewz

I cooked this rom for real life usage not for benchmarkers. Although I'm not a very experienced cooker, I'm pretty exigent with my phone, and if the rom meets my demands on speed and stability probably will meet 90% of users desires

It has nothing removed, but some things like HTC Locations are saved to sdcard. after all space is pretty limited. In my subjective opinion rom performs in real life as fast as any froyo classic desire rom, maybe even better than some. If you like smaller fonts, new sense, htcsense.com you should try it, and if you decide its a keep push the thanks button or buy me a cup of joe

Please read this post and post 2 before asking questions. Thank You

Features

- Rooted

- Latest busybox

- Lastest WWE Base - 1.72.405.2 FRG83D WWE base

- Working Camera - thx snq-; 720p recording is yet WIP (work in progress) it records green now thx to robocik ;)

- snq-'s chgrmod3 kernel - all modules in. tun.ko, cifs, gpu+, chargemod, sdcard speed fix, smartass cpu governor, OC upto 1190 via SetCPU.

- default governor is smartass: 245 to 998, when display is off the cpu will run at 245 mhz for battery saving.

- ROM Runs on standard HTC Desire NAND partitions. Core apks and libs are running from NAND (phone's memory) - this mean real life performance - no lags whatsoever.

- ALL (YES ALL) is included.

- A2SD (and yes YOU MUST HAVE an EXT Partiton after the FAT32 one)

- Stable!

- Adfree should work to anyone S-ON or S-OFF, if it does not update, please reinstall it and it will work

- Deodexed

- What I have forgot.

I advise a full wipe - of course nandroid backup before, backup your apks and apks data with Mybackup Pro or Titanium Backup

I also advise to backup using mybackup pro instead on titanium backup and try not to backup contacts, sync them instead with your google account. This recommendation is in order to avoid FCs

Don't worry I'm not suggesting you to spend 5 euros on the app, it is 30 day trial. but if you like the app and you start using it everytime you can support the developers

TOGGLE VERIFICATION OFF BEFORE FLASHING

v1.8b

-720p recording - thx ownhere

-video streaming issues fixed - thx ownhere

v1.8

- added as default the framework for transparancy

- optimized apks

- cleaned the rom

- minor tweaks

- some (random)bugs should be fixed

- things ive forgot, still having fever :(

v1.7c

- Added back: Live Wallpapers, Teeter, Ereader + one book

- updated Adfree to latest version and also hosts

- fixed the 720p playback lag.

- updated RIL files so you don't have to update them yourself. 

Recommend Radios: 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27 or 32.54.00.32U_5.14.05.17

- changed apn lists to the bigger one from oxygen rom

- "stolen" zipallign script on init.d from Leedroid 

- moved gmail apk from system to data

- dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m

Special Notes:

Blind cooked and without testing since I'm at some friends house and they have mobile internet, I barely use remote :) But all should be fine. No wipe is necessary.

Please backup before flashing and as always verify with md5 hash file provided. If you get FCs please wipe davlik cache 1st and see if it solves then post it 

v1.7b

- modified again apks due bootloop on 1.7a

- laputa apks and libs are back on sdcard - dont worry performance is not affected 

v1.7a

- changed keyboard to the one without arrows

- updated busybox and fixed symlinks

- stocks... should work 

- optimized and zipalign all apk => more space + more speed 

- htc locations and libs moved back to nand, due to more space as a result of apk optimization

v1.7

-1st well may seem a big jump from 1.4 to 1.7. well the rest (1.5,1.6) were internal test builds, and also 1.7 since 1.72 base

- Desire HD Rom aka smaller fonts (dont cry "i want bigger fonts" stay with 1.4c for that)

- 4n1 power menu is back, hats off to leedroid

- nothing removed .. i hope

- no bugs ... i hope - if you find any post on thread not in my spambox - thx

- Desire HD keyboard (one with arrows - dont cry, if i could i would have included the Z one but for now this is it)

- kernel is the same one as the one in 1.4, and in 1.4 was the same kernel as in 1.3 :D

- knock urself out with UOT, should have enough space on /system

dev/block/mtdblock3	250.0M	238.3M	 11.7M  95% /system

- and sorry if i omitted something or if bugs surface - i tried to fix my phone in the same time i was making this

- thx to Alex-V 

v1.4c

- added back Google Talk

- added back HTC Live Wallpaper

- added back Stocks.apk and Widget

[COLOR="Red"]I cooked the rom "blind" since my phone is done. No matter what I do it wont recognize my sdcard neither in any rom or in recovery i tried fastboot oem enableqxdm 0 - nogo . If you have any advice for this please contact me via PM, please don't consider my inbox spambox.. Thank you .[/COLOR]

v1.4

- new base 1.72.405.2 FRG83D WWE base 

- all apks are optimized and uber-optimized and zipallinged

- all yes ALL is inside nand, only apks from market will be installed on sdext 

- stocks + widget are out (sorry), calculator + widget are out (get real calc from market, is far better)

- ereader is out (again sorry) but if your really like to read books on a 3.7 screen, kindle from market is the way to go

- dpi changed to default desire one (aka bigger fonts)

- 4n1 reboot menu by snq- is gone since new base

- livewallpapers are gone but you can install the one to ur liking from market

- themes from post 2 won't work due new base

- be careful with themes from UOT, framework is uber optimized and i dont know if the output from uot will be the same size. /system is full sorry. So before trying to flash update from uot delete what you dont need from /system (slate.apk is a suggestion) or other widgets / apks you dont need. Ill provide a list of my deleted apk so you can inspire 

v1.3

- added back music widget (its funny how i keep forgeting some apks)

- updated maps to 5.0.0

- edited wifi search interval and set to 60s instead of 180 - should be a decent compromise between the stock 15s and robociks 180s

- replaced services.jar for transparancy

- removed all obsolete ko modules since the new kernel already has them

v1.2

- included street view

- cleaned update-script a bit - thx melethron- cleaned system/bit a bit - thx melethron

- new kernel - fixed always charging status on pattern unlock - thx snq

v1.1

- reorganized apps. now all system apps appear as system apps

- all in - locations reader etc.

- all apps updated to their latest version

- HTC Hub is Working - all

- fixed the led bug on charging (remained on after unplugged) - at least for me it works

- FULL WIPE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED (userdata / cache / davlik cache - use mybackup pro for backup - its safer)

- what ive forgot

- now if even this version is not good enough for you, or still has some issues for you. its either your phone's fault, your sd card got bad, or bad partitioning, you flashed some strange kernel. however it is your fault. I tested the rom for 24 hrs. Didnt expericend any battery drain.

- rom is signed, should flash with verification on.

v1.0

- updated market to 2.2.6 and moved to sdext from /system/app

- removed HTC Reader and books - if really like them or need them or whatever, flash the zip from addons folder, should fix the "so called" drain and laggines present in rc2 but not in 0.4c

- included ALL localisation files from the WWE release

- imo stable enough to be version 1. Besides the ussual bugs that all hd ports have, its fine.

vRC2

- Removed flash player, adobe reader, facebook,twitter, street, youtube they can be installed from market - This way you'll have the lastest version and no FCs. 

They can be download from Removed_Apps folder if you dont want to use your mobile data connection and download from the market. Install as any regular apk 

(check Menu -> Settings -> Applications ->Unknow Sources)

- added Market Access 

- again moved some apps for better performance and compatibility with Diaz's theme

vRC1

- fixed eReader - No eBooks found. Please insert an SD card that contains eBooks and reopen ERROR

- fixed shutdown animation

- 4 flavours

- fixed errors for calling the inexisting Slate.apk

- some optimization

- moved some apps for better compatibily and performance

- stock bootanimation located in /system/sd/local/bootanimation.zip

v0.4c

- fixed power menu

- updated Facebook, Twitter, AdobeReader, Flashplayer, GoogleQuickSearchBox

v0.4b

- 720p playback fixed

- VoiceSearch fixed

- Due popular demand HTC Desire Z Ime (no arrows)

- Stock Unlock Screen - again due popular demand.

v0.4

- back to default framework, maybe now you can use UOT - not tested

- add back some apps (AGAIN): facebook, youtube, bookmarks widgets etc - I hope that now I put all of them inside. 

- updated hosts file for Adfree

- rebuild from scratch 

- custom bootanimation 

- freed some space on /system (/dev/block/mtdblock3	250.0M	236.9M	 13.1M  95% /system)

v0.3

- Removed duped apks

- Ringtones are back, no need to install them separately

- Replaced Desire HD IME with Desire Z IME (no arrows)

- More free space on /system so you can install themes or whatever you need

v0.2

- Added back all HTC Apps, Widgets, Scenes, Skins, Google Apps

- forgot to add Facebook.apk (not the HTC one, the one from market, just download it from market install and all syncs WILL WORK

- STILL NO RINGTONES (SEE BELOW FOR DL LINK)

v0.1

Initial Release
Requirements: - rooted phone with working custom recovery (ClockWorkMod / AmonRa) - ext2/3/4 partition AFTER the fat32 one. Minim 512 mB Recommended 1 GB . I recommend you use ext4 and I strongly advise against ext2. But should work on any ext filesystem. - patience with the chef (me) im still new, but I'll do my best. Instalation
- backup ur apks and apks data with titanium backup or mybackup pro - not the people data, for that sync ur contacts with google account 

- nandroid backup your current stable rom

- toggle verification off in recovery

- wipe davlik cache, user data and cache

- flash latest version.

In theory you can upgrade from an older version to a newer one without wiping. 

But if you do that and you start getting FCs, wipe all flash again and only then if you still get FCs report in here, with logs.

Its common sense when the rom base is changed to wipe all before flashing so please stop asking same questions over and over again.

Download http://baadnewz.lcdc.sk/Desire_HD_Base/1.8//

Older versions:

http://baadnewz.lcdc.sk/Desire_Z_Base/1.4_base_1.72/ - Desire Z base - bigger fonts

base 1.32 http://baadnewz.lcdc.sk/Desire_HD_Base/1.3/

Known bugs:

- editing personal dictionary causes FC - due to Desire Z IME

Q&A

Q: I can't change my bootanimation with update from UOT

A: Thats because the bootanimation.zip location has been changed in order to save some space on nand.

Extract bootanimation.zip from the zip from UOT and push it via adb: adb push bootanimation.zip /system/sd/local/ or you can just use Android Commander, a friendly frontend for adb commands

Q:Hmm, ok ok, but how do i make an ext partition ?

A Dude use search and read, and if by now you dont know how to make one stay on stock, or better get an iphone, i heard it is nice and s***, wanna see you how you will jailbreak it mwhhaha

IRC: irc.freenode.org #baadnwz-roms

Many thanks to:

robocik for his awsome work on porting hd stuff to or good old desire :P and letting me use his rom to inspire and use resources from them

snq- for best kernel for desire (my opinion) and for making the camera work in the 1st place

all others devs and users here that from their work and posts i inspired and learn the basics of android

And very very special thanks to rom donors. I didnt made this rom for donations but is nice to see people apreciate your work. Thanks alot

stoeckler

kookysan

rexypow

lcdc

Mr_Kruz

shatdhehat

dongerado

shadeofblue

golightlygl

yordaniy

latawa

Decibelnet

dimcus

ozjubb

faceN

D3n1s

Karukera

Tsuneku

kingqueen

trikpa

KuliX

pjm77

kartoffel1212

gajow

Broquen

and all those who didn't want their name to be published here.

Thanks

1st boot will take 3 to 10 mins, do not panic, just do some R&R :P

ROM is fast and stable, you will not notice any lags, it is the same smoothness as any standard rom.

If you like the rom or even hate it for some reason please give a vote to this thread. Its important to have feedback of any kind. Thanls.

Edited by baadnewz

Guest baadnewz

Safe to remove apks from /system before flashing or after in order to free some space

This list is personal and subjective (as in apps i dont use or need) there are many more than can removed but depends of your preferences or needs

com.htc.FMRadioWidget.apk

com.htc.MusicWidget.apk

com.htc.StockWidget.apk

com.htc.TwitterWidget.apk

DCSStock.apk

DSPManager.apk

HtcAutoRotateWidget.apk

HtcBackgroundDataWidget.apk

htcbookmarkwidget.apk

htccontactwidgets.apk

HtcDataRoamingWidget.apk

HtcDataStripWidget.apk

HtcImageWallpaper.apk

htcmailwidgets.apk

HtcRingtoneTrimmer.apk

HtcRingtoneWidget.apk

HtcScreenBrightnessWidget.apk

HtcScreenTimeoutWidget.apk

htcsettingwidgets.apk

HtcSyncwidget.apk

HtcTipWidget.apk

Mail.apk

Extras

Tested themes on latest version of rom:

[THEME] Gloss Blue HD Sense Theme 1.2

Gloss Carbon Fiber HD (Blue) FOR 1.72 & 1.32 ROMs

Set window and transition animations to fast in spare parts, for better speed

Any Desire HD 1.72 base themes and mods should work on this rom

so keep an eye here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=766

It is recommend to backup before installing, and I also ask you nicely to report your findings and I shall update this info here

Lastest Radio and its RIL can be found here:

http://baadnewz.lcdc.sk/Desire_HD_Base/1.7.../Radio_And_RIL/

flashable via recovery

thx to SGTDavePwnage

Flash RIL from recovery, then flash radio from recovery, then reboot ur phone. make sure you have standard partitions (40mB cache) or else you will brick your phone..

This especially to the ones that experience freezes. latest version 1.7c already has the rils included, so you need only the radio

In order to assign Google Search to search button download http://baadnewz.lcdc.sk/Desire_HD_Base/1.7...launchkey-1.apk

Will include inside rom from next version. Install as a regular apk.

For users wanting the notification widgets just because is the only one that disables data connection. You can try SwitchPro widget (the one that is in my screens from post 1 too). Disables data connection without problems.

The kernel that is included in latest version

http://baadnewz.lcdc.sk/Desire_HD_Base/1.7...se_port/kernel/

if for some reason you flashed other kernel and want to go back. Flash from recovery

Teeter if you miss it so bad. Flash from recovery

720p playback fix http://rom.tat.tw/desire/RCMixHD/v12/720pP...kFix-signed.zip

1.7c transparancy fix http://baadnewz.lcdc.sk/Desire_HD_Base/1.7...ransparancy.zip

Desire Z IME (without arrows) and NO personal dictionary FC: http://www.multiupload.com/50GIOEYYVP thx to DesireStein, dj-darkside

The swiss knife for android devices: http://f4a.mybox.ro/

Edited by baadnewz

Nice rom. I have removed some of the apps that I don't use and I'll implement either data2sd or transfer /data/data/ to sd via 40a2sd script and it will be a great rom to try out.

Just one question though...

Does this kernel also use the battery mod that forces the battery to stay at full charge (aka no draining when plugged in)? I don't want to ruin my battery so I'll have to change kernel if it does.

Guest baadnewz
Nice rom. I have removed some of the apps that I don't use and I'll implement either data2sd or transfer /data/data/ to sd via 40a2sd script and it will be a great rom to try out.

Just one question though...

Does this kernel also use the battery mod that forces the battery to stay at full charge (aka no draining when plugged in)? I don't want to ruin my battery so I'll have to change kernel if it does.

yap it has that battery mod

Guest dedreiix

I´ve installed the 0.4 Version just about one hour ago. It feels much faster and smoother.

The only thing I dont like that much is, that my es-file explorer doesn´t show all files and foldes neither on the phone nor on the sdcard.

Guest HugoQueiriga
I´ve installed the 0.4 Version just about one hour ago. It feels much faster and smoother.

The only thing I dont like that much is, that my es-file explorer doesn´t show all files and foldes neither on the phone nor on the sdcard.

I also have a problem with it on v03, it tells me after a reboot that SD card is not mounted!

For someone new to customising a mobile phone i found it easy to root my desire with unrevoked and then install this rom.

It is super fast and hasnt failed to produce.

My only problem is when i access the people widget from the all apps menu it force closes.

Is there a way to fix this?

Once again my new "HTC Desire HD" is absolutely flawless except this one problem

Guest dedreiix
I also have a problem with it on v03, it tells me after a reboot that SD card is not mounted!

I´ve solved that problem by disabling the root-option of Es File Explorer.

Guest Mushhushshu

Just want to say that I've been using this rom for a couple of days and its fantastic. So smooth, quick, havent had any issues with it at all. Everything restored just fine with titanium backup and havent looked back since then. I was using modaco R9 before and this ROM basically feels like what R10 would be if paul didnt have a million and one other devices to work on at the minute ;) Highly recommended.

Everything restored just fine with titanium backup and havent looked back since then.

;) Highly recommended.

How did you manage the move from R9?

Simply R9 TI backup / wipe and TI restore?

Can you detail the restore options for system applications? All at once or one by one?

Edited by Endrus

Guest baadnewz
How did you managed the move from R9?

Can you detail the restore options for system applications? All at once or one by one?

I recommend Mybackup pro. free 30 trial from market.

Guest Mushhushshu
How did you manage the move from R9?

I just did a batch backup of all applications & data, then a batch restore - all at once. I didnt restore the system data as I assumed it might screw up being that the rom is meant for a different device with different options. That only took 20mins or so of tweaking to sort out though. All in all pretty painless and the speed of this rom is well worth it, and the new sense has some funky features although personally I dont find any of them particularly useful.

Have also used mybackup pro, assume it does the job fine also but I dont trust it anymore as once it seemed to ignore apps2sd and tried to put everything back on the internal memory ;) probably just a one off or some setting I missed or something though.

Guest technaudio

Just installed this Rom over r9 <<< oops! r8 not 9!!!... love it!!

Except 'people' force closes every time... ;(

Any ideas?

Edited by technaudio

Guest malooga

Known bugs:

- 720p recording not working

- Some streaming videos, shows just "audio", no video

Does TvCatchup work and the youtube app? If they both work i'll be happy.

Guest Mushhushshu
Just installed this Rom over r9... love it!!

Any ideas?

A few people on XDA have this problem - not sure if theres an easy solution. Try wiping and flashing again if you didnt already.

Known bugs:

- 720p recording not working

- Some streaming videos, shows just "audio", no video

Does TvCatchup work and the youtube app? If they both work i'll be happy.

TV catchup doesnt, it has the streaming issue present on all HD roms currently (sound, no video). Youtube app works fine.

Guest technaudio
Just installed this Rom over r9 <<< oops! r8 not 9!!!... love it!!

Any ideas?

SOLVED!

Full wipe before flash, then when restoring your stuff from your chosen backup/restore app, dont restore ANYTHING that has anything to do with CONTACTS or PEOPLE!

seems to work for me anyway!

Now just need to get rid of that dastardly clock thats slowly burning my screen away....see here!doesnt work for this ROM :)

Oh, and 1 more thing... on the pattern unlock screen, it always says its charging, even when its not...?

Edited by technaudio

Guest Mushhushshu
SOLVED!

Oh, and 1 more thing... on the pattern unlock screen, it always says its charging, even when its not...?

Glad its working for you now. Charger thing is a known issue, can't remember if its related to this rom or all HD roms - sure it'll be fixed at some point though.

Guest le_lutin

Apologies if this is a silly question, but I just installed this ROM (think it's fantastic btw) and then installed PowerAmp, but I can't add the power amp widget. Is this a limitation of the ROM?

EDIT: Actually, just woke up and tried again to add the widget and now it does appear in the list of widgets. Fantastic.

Edited by le_lutin

Guest le_lutin

Right, I have a silly question.

How much difference does the class of the sd card make to the speed of the ROM when using A2SD? I really like this ROM, but the one thing that's irking me is that it's not quite as snappy as I'd like. I'm not really complaining, just wondering if it could be improved on my side.

As an example, I use Handcent. I presume this is installed to my ext partition. When I click on the handcent icon, it still takes a couple of seconds for the application to launch and is a bit laggy when using it. Now I know this doesn't sound like a big deal, but this is the application I use the most so I was wondering if it could load any quicker.

I see there are class 4 16gb cards going for about 15 quid at the moment. I'd be tempted to buy if I thought it would make things quicker (I currently have a class 2 card).

Edited by le_lutin

I never noticed a difference and I was using a C6 4gb card and now I'm on a C4 8gb card. It needed more time to install the app and the first run always takes a little longer but we're talking about +/- one second at most.

I don't experience any lag on my phone (as I've said I use a C4 8gb card) so it could be up to your kernel and governor settings. Handcent is smooth and opens in a second.

Did you try cleaning your cache?

All a2sd moves is the app. The cache remains on your phone so it shouldn't lag.

Edited by bpivk

Guest le_lutin
I never noticed a difference and I was using a C6 4gb card and now I'm on a C4 8gb card. It needed more time to install the app and the first run always takes a little longer but we're talking about +/- one second at most.

I don't experience any lag on my phone (as I've said I use a C4 8gb card) so it could be up to your kernel and governor settings. Handcent is smooth and opens in a second.

Did you try cleaning your cache?

All a2sd moves is the app. The cache remains on your phone so it shouldn't lag.

Thanks for the reply.

I did a total system clean before installing the baadnz ROM, so i'm fairly sure the cache is clean. Also, my kernel is the one that comes with the ROM (the LeeDroid one I believe it is) and i haven't touched any governor settings.

I wonder if there is a bigger difference going from class 2 to class 4 than there is going from class 4 to 6? (I am on class 2 btw).