How do I remove Clockwork Recovery mod ??

Guest abdidas

Guest abdidas

I searched around and I can not find any guides or steps to remove the clockwork mod please someone enlighten me I need this phone returned tomorrow even though I am in risk of getting a LCD one, it is better to have that then a completely useless wifi reciever.

I need this removed !!!!

please help

Guest Donkey Oaty
I searched around and I can not find any guides or steps to remove the clockwork mod please someone enlighten me I need this phone returned tomorrow even though I am in risk of getting a LCD one, it is better to have that then a completely useless wifi reciever.

I need this removed !!!!

please help

I had the same issue earlier today. I needed to return a phone to the shop but couldn't remove clockwork. I just flashed back the original stock rom and left it as that. My fault was dust under the screen so they didn't check the phone to see if it could be booted into a different mode. I doubt they knew about installing roms anyway.

Guest fredewis
I had the same issue earlier today. I needed to return a phone to the shop but couldn't remove clockwork. I just flashed back the original stock rom and left it as that. My fault was dust under the screen so they didn't check the phone to see if it could be booted into a different mode. I doubt they knew about installing roms anyway.

same man all they did was turn of and on coz my screen was half dead i got a new replacement next morning its an b08 but i think is oled its just tooo pink in low ligth

Guest abdidas
download the files from here

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...online-kitchen/

then run these commands

fastboot-windows flash boot recovery.blade.stock.img

fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.stock.img

for windows, replace "windows" with "linux" or "mac" depending on what you use

Thanks but I just send it as it was this morning got a replacement on the spot and it is an oled so am happy also my wifi is working well now.

Guest famousfive
download the files from herehttp://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...online-kitchen/then run these commandsfastboot-windows flash boot recovery.blade.stock.imgfastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.stock.imgfor windows, replace "windows" with "linux" or "mac" depending on what you use
This didn't work for me - going to replace mine as case loose and WIFI not working - flashed back to orange android 2.1 but still boots into clockwork mod using volumn down button. Any other ideas how to remove?

download the files from here

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...online-kitchen/

then run these commands

fastboot-windows flash boot recovery.blade.stock.img

fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.stock.img

for windows, replace "windows" with "linux" or "mac" depending on what you use

Just did this but the orange logo is blue now and writing is in white! Any ideas (I installed the stock rom prior to the above!)

Also, BTW it DIDN'T get rid of ClockworkMod!

Edited by Ash.UK

Guest Afrodude

You need to run this: fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery.blade.stock.img

Make sure you have downloaded the correct "stock" version for your phone - TFT or OLED.

You need to run this: fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery.blade.stock.img

Make sure you have downloaded the correct "stock" version for your phone - TFT or OLED.

I did do exactly as stated above and the stock rom was fine (original orange tft+oled rom) - the theme was orange...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Habstaz
I did do exactly as stated above and the stock rom was fine (original orange tft+oled rom) - the theme was orange...

Hi i did all that was stated above and I am also getting a blue themed home screen and buttons. what am i doing wrong please?

• 5 months later...
Guest b1k3rdude

Sorry to open an old thread, but after spending several hours searching the web (and mostly finding links sending me back here) I am still non the wiser with regard to trying to understand and/or solve my problem. Before I consider installing clockworkmod and any custom mods I wasn't to learn & understand how to backup and restore the stock recovery that comes with the phone.

All of the instructions I have found on this forum and google all seem to just miss the mark, 95% of the posts are all dated from last year, and/or the instructions are out of date.

1. The instruction of holding the 'volume' button 'up' (as in the plus symbol) has never and does not work, my ZTE Blade (gen1) b10 version rom, just continues to boot to desktop(and seeing this incorrect instruction time and time again is infuriating) - the only action with the volume button that appears to do anything is pressing down (as in the minus symbol) when powering the phone on and then the phone loads the FTM(Field Test Mode) screen, which at a guess is Im assuming the stock recovery that the phone ships with.

2. after yet more searching and trial and error, I found a version of the Zte USB (that ISNT infected with a virus) driver on this site that allows Win7x64 device manager to see the blade as a ZTE diagnostic interface(DFU) on com6.

All I want to do is be able to flash the stock recovery back to the the handset the should I need or want to. And quite frankly, this is impossible atm with all the dis-information and/or expired-out-of-date floating around.

1. How exactly do I get the handset into fastboot mode, or is this not possible on some handsets because ZTE have done something that prevents the old instructions from working..?

2. Or can I flash a stock recovery image from the handset(once its been rooted? which is easy enough with UniversalAndroot), is there an app to do this? (I have had a look at recovery manager 0.36b and this appears to only hint at possibly being able to do this is IF I have a custom recovery installed - which is jumping the gun)

thanks

[update]

After reading some of my old posts and then having a "oh yeah" moment I did the following to confirm i can put the stock recovery image back onto the handset -

1. download the following files -

• universalandroot1.6.apk
  • recoverymanager0.36.apk
  • OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10-update_signed.zip (the full stock rom image that includes the recovery image file)

2. then unpack, install & run -
    • universal androot
    • recoverymanager
    • extract recovery image and copy to root of SD card.

3. test install of stock recovery -

[*]ran recovery-manager, then recovery tab, then install recovery, then selected recovery.img that I had copied to the SD card.

4. tried steps 1-3 again to be sure and recovery-manager crashed, so had to re-run universalandroot again, then recovery-manager would run...

Edited by b1k3rdude

Guest Atomix86

If it's to return the phone, simply flash a stock TPT, that should do the trick nicely (of course backup your current ROM & settings).

Guest b1k3rdude
If it's to return the phone, simply flash a stock TPT, that should do the trick nicely (of course backup your current ROM & settings).

Afer all the work I did above, I just this minute found with the right copy of the stock rom (OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10-update_signed), then do a flash it overrighty everything including the recovery partition! Now if I had been able to fin this info just my googling I would have bothered with all that fastboot crap!

So on a stock gen1 blade I did the following -

• installed z4root.1.3.0.apk - (universalandroot1.6 seems to have a virus in it, that and Z4root has better options)
  • installed recoverymanager.0.34b
  • installed clockworkrmod 4.0.0.5
  • installed a generic root uninstall app

mucked about deleting loads of stuff on purpose etc..

• rebooted into recovery mode (cwr)
    • flashed the (OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10-update_signed) rom
    • couple of reboots later, stock orange sf

Smashing!

So for new users its now even safer to tinker knowing you can revert to stock with ease! As the above info dosent seem to be posted all together in an easy-to-understand-for-new-users post, I will knock up a new post with links and some youtube vids. (if thats ok?)

Edited by b1k3rdude