[THEME] Gingerbread 2.2 MCR R6

Guest SWOriginal

Guest SWOriginal

post-777579-1292756896_thumb.png post-777579-1292756910_thumb.png post-777579-1292756927_thumb.png

::::PAULS FROYO ROM ONLY::::

Google Android 2.3 theme for froyo, For best results install pauls "Gingerbread Launcher" From the market, This is inteded to be as close to the gingerbread theme as possible

WARNING: do not use with sim lock enabled if using pauls rom with stock lockscreen

:::Whats new?:::

R6 improves the signal bar, fixes allot of issues with text, over-obtrusive icons, battery icons now fixed*(v2 fixes 10% battery icon) & now uses a white menu for best compatibility with market apps

Thanks to Frankish for fixing coarse location ;)

:::Other Versions:::

Frankish has released versions of the gingerbread theme which includes images from the desire framework & some green additions

Link

Clivec has moded together a version of the theme with black menu, green signal & battery percentage

here

:::Download:::

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest SWOriginal
i like it

Hopefully rem1x or someone els will fix the text then it'll look so much better ;)

Edit: see post above

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest SWOriginal
Saved me a job doing this theme i will edit the text today at some point to fit the theme.

Cheers ;) I didnt have enough time to edit all the files... spent ages sorting out the battery images :P

Guest SWOriginal
My phone seems a slower now when I am using the gingerbread theme and launcher ;) Especially when I open the apps drawer.

A restart or 2 after you flash a new framework will usuall fix the slowness

Guest Frankish

I've done it but i changed the operator name to black and not sure if it was ok left as white? Opinions please?

EDIT: Scratch that. When you press menu i haven't changed the text colours in there. Not sure where that is, looking around now...

Edited by Frankish

Guest Winston69
I've done it but i changed the operator name to black and not sure if it was ok left as white? Opinions please?

EDIT: Scratch that. When you press menu i haven't changed the text colours in there. Not sure where that is, looking around now...

Black IMO

Guest SWOriginal

thanks for working on it ;) , have you managed to solve the menu problem?

Guest fboldog

Hi,

the fix for the menu items text:

change this line in the styles.xml in the framework-res.apk

<style name="TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Small">

<item name="textColor">?textColorPrimaryInverse</item>

</style>
to:
	<style name="TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Small">

<item name="textColor">@color/bright_foreground_dark</item>

</style>

Currently i cannot rebuild the framework-res (i had some stupid compile errors) to test.

Known Bugs: Notification draw and menu text needs fixing (can some other member fix and i'll update the post ;) )

Guest fboldog

and the fix for the notification items:

change the layout file:

res/layout/status_bar_latest_event_content.xml in the framework-res.apk

each

android:textColor="#ffffffff"
to:
android:textColor="#ff000000"

Guest Frankish

I already did fix the notification text and i did spot that line earlier in strings but had no time to test. Been out all day. Now to work with making all themes for alpha 4 and fix this one...long night!

Guest SWOriginal
Hi,

the fix for the menu items text:

change this line in the styles.xml in the framework-res.apk

<item name="textColor">@color/bright_foreground_dark</item>

</style>

Currently i cannot rebuild the framework-res (i had some stupid compile errors) to test.

Thanks for the fix ;), i cant fix it as i don't have sdk or eclipse installed on my netbook (any other way to edit android xml in ubuntu?) but it looks like Frankish will fix it

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest fboldog
Thanks for the fix ;), i cant fix it as i don't have sdk or eclipse installed on my netbook (any other way to edit android xml in ubuntu?) but it looks like Frankish will fix it

On ubuntu, try it out 'gedit'.

Guest SWOriginal
Yeah if i can get this piece of crap internet to go slower than dial up ;)

no need to rush mate :P i'll update the post once youve managed to fix it

Guest SWOriginal
All themes updated and uploaded. Coarse positioning works on alpha 3 too :P Just tackling Gingerbread

Thanks for helping out mate, wasnt aware paul released the fix.. you might aswell post the theme in your thread aswell just incase this thread gets lost ;)