Paul working on r10 based on an unreleased leak

Guest le_lutin

Guest gianfrancovialli10
http://twitter.com/paulobrien

"Funny, working on Desire r10, based on a completely unreleased leak. :)"

Wonder if it's a leak of the new Sense or the old one?

Keep dreaming guys. The Desire is old news. I doubt Paul will waste time on the Desire. Paul is away ensnaring users of newer phones to pay for him to buy all the latest gadgets. If you want the best possible ROM have a look at XDA. There are many based on the New Sense.

Guest kayceejayh
Keep dreaming guys. The Desire is old news. I doubt Paul will waste time on the Desire. Paul is away ensnaring users of newer phones to pay for him to buy all the latest gadgets. If you want the best possible ROM have a look at XDA. There are many based on the New Sense.

Well - you're wrong..

'Desire / Nexus One MCR + Sense users, your update is coming! Pushing out r10 shortly (probably Monday now), Desire HD port still coming too!'

Guest M Brouns
Well - you're wrong..

'Desire / Nexus One MCR + Sense users, your update is coming! Pushing out r10 shortly (probably Monday now), Desire HD port still coming too!'

Paul is a business man too (as he should be running this perfect website):

Simply compare the number of topics (Desire: 2,175 vs Desire HD: 83) and replies (Desire: 32343 vs Desire HD: 910)

Clearly the user base for Desire will stay much, much larger in the coming months.

HD is a better device, but the advantages (HDMI port, larger screen) do not weigh up to their disadvantages (too large, battery drained even faster)

Edited by M Brouns

Guest Noonski

It wouldn't make much sense to have R10 be based on an unreleased leak.

Paul did tease he was also working on a HD based kitchen, buty he never said that it would be r10.

Unless he's adding new cool options :)

Still waiting for r10.

Posting this won't make your wait any shorter (unless you needed a lot of time to come up with this sentence). :)

Wait patiently and It will come. Paul (by Twitter post) is sick so expect a delay.

Edited by bpivk

Guest Noonski

Have your Nandroid Backup ready the coming days. And give good Feedback when the time comes.

I'm just very curious as to what he's brewing.

If only we'd get some hints to make it even more exciting just waiting :)

I think people should bear in mind that for 10 quid (?) we've gotten 8 months of great support for this phone - which is far more than we got from HTC. It has to slow down sooner or later. I look forward to any future updates but I think it's fair to say we've already gotten good value for our money.

Guest Noonski
I suggest you have a look November's post then: http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...ck-rom-kitchen/

And what point are you trying to make with ?

Where does logic come into this? :)

As in, when Paul says tomorrow, he's pretty darn sure that he's close to getting there.

But with so much other Kitchen's going on it's logical if he chooses to delay R10 in favour of bugfixing a few other kitchens. There might be stuff going on there that might also affect the Desire's R10MCRWIP.

Pushing a new R10WIP kitchen out will most probably get a lot more response then most other Device kitchen's.

It would even be better to wait even more till over the weekend.

Example:

Paul put's new WIP online at Friday.

Thread get's flooded during his weekend of.

Paul needs to wade through redundant posts to be informed.

Or

Paul puts kitchen online in the beginning of the week, and can them keep a good eye out on the posts.

I don't think that it's only an upgrade to 2.29. (Which I found to be a bit slower)

He's also given hints at more Desire HD stuff he's been working on.

And then there's a lot of other new stuff going on like all new kinds of A2SD scripts and such.

Or the Notification Power Mod.

And like the thread suggests << it might be a newer source build.

But that's just speculating.

The guy has been sick for the past few days. Show a little compassion.

couldn't agree more. people moan, and what's worse when they mess up with new install they expect his support after slagging him off, totally uncalled for!

just chill and wait people.

I really think people should chill.... but i also wished that Paul didnt go out on twitter and say stuff like its coming on Monday. That makes people NOT chill and all the complaining coming over and over...

Oh well...

People will never be satisfied.

Either he:

- posts that the rom is coming, misses the date he specifies and gets a lot of angry flashoholics on his back

- doesn't post at all (same result as above)

- posts the rom and in about a week faces another angry mob because they demand another rom

Some people are just ungrateful and the thing that they don't understand is that this is exactly the attitude that puts future cookers and existing ones from kooking roms in the first place.

Edited by bpivk