10/Dec 2.22.405.1 r1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM (Froyo 2.2.1) for the HTC Wildfire with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ritosatanico
Did you wipe first? That usually fixes boot loops.

Hi there.

I'm from Spain, and I'm using Wildfire from Vodafone (Spain) I tried to install this froyo release with Modaco features and I get nothing. Just the same than Bruce, first of all: loops.

After that, I tried to do a hard resert like this website tell me to do: http://www.knowyourmobile.com/smartphones/...c_wildfire.html And I got nothing, just a white screen with the text "quietly brilliant".

Thanks God I made a nice backup and I got my mobile back. Am I condemned to live without Froyo?

Thank you very much.

Hello

I have been using the Modaco ROM for a few hours now. No problem installing, the Wildfire runs smoothly too. Great Job!

The only problem I have encountered is that I cannot hear back using a bluetooth headset. The sound is somehow rooted to the phone's speaker.

Does anybody else have the same problem? (I have installed the radio update found in the Kitchen)

Thanks

Guest pawel.mrk

So far all good :) Baked and flashed after full wipe, no problems with rom till this time. Will try HCDR kernel now as my girl like angry birds, and on standard cpu speed this game is soooo slow....

Awaiting for next releases. THANKS PAUL!

Hi I'm trying to install this to my wildfire which has been unlocked from the 3 network. I've installed the updated drivers and connected the wildfire to my pc but it gets stuck at waiting for device in the unrevoked programme. It gets no further no matter how many times I've tried. Any advice on how to get passed this point would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by GB-UK

Guest rhonddaboy

Hello, could someone please tell me how i go about making a tun.ko module to allow openVPN to work with the kernel in this build.

thank you

<this is my first post on this site - big fan - many thanks to Paul and all the forum contributors>

Guest rhonddaboy
Hi I'm trying to install this to my wildfire which has been unlocked from the 3 network. I've installed the updated drivers and connected the wildfire to my pc but it gets stuck at waiting for device in the unrevoked programme. It gets no further no matter how many times I've tried. Any advice on how to get passed this point would be greatly appreciated!

have you enable USB debugging from your handset - GOTO settings -> application -> developement to enable it.

Guest alphaola

@ paul, theirs a bug with alarm clock. i cooked a rom removing htclockscreen. everything else work fine but when woke me up today, it won't stop ringing, i had to restart the phone to stop it the annoying sound, there was no option to dismiss or snooze, i went into setting, nothing was able to stop it. pls the alarm clock is really important, help needed.

Guest mark212

Hi Guys

Installed this ROM yesterday and it runs well, just a problem I have picked up...when the phones off and I plug the charger into the phone, the orange LED comes on however the phone doesnt charge and you cannot power up the phone, even wen pulling out the charger the orange LED stays on. The only way to get the phone going again is if I pull out the battery and restart. Charging is fine when the phones on though.

Can you advise further??

Thanks

Mark

Edited by mark212

THis is a known problem in ClockWork Recovery Mod. THis doesn`t affect phones that don`t have clockwork mod installed. (aka unrooted)

@ paul, theirs a bug with alarm clock. i cooked a rom removing htclockscreen. everything else work fine but when woke me up today, it won't stop ringing, i had to restart the phone to stop it the annoying sound, there was no option to dismiss or snooze, i went into setting, nothing was able to stop it. pls the alarm clock is really important, help needed.

Known problem when removing the HTC lockscreen and using HTC clock alarm feature. To avoid this either flash an AOSP ROM, or keep the lockscreen, or use another alarm app from the market.

Edited by AlexGP

Guest alphaola
THis is a known problem in ClockWork Recovery Mod. THis doesn`t affect phones that don`t have clockwork mod installed. (aka unrooted)

Known problem when removing the HTC lockscreen and using HTC clock alarm feature. To avoid this either flash an AOSP ROM, or keep the lockscreen, or use another alarm app from the market.

thanks, is there a way i could get the htclock screen apk,so that i dont have to install the whole rom again. thanx

thanks, is there a way i could get the htclock screen apk,so that i dont have to install the whole rom again. thanx

I don`t really know, you`d better reflash again.

Guest lorolouis

Hi,

This work looks very promissing.

Thank you.

Did anybody manage to install / use the full a2sd ?

(not the native for froyo "install on SD if app. supported" stuff, which basically s**ks)

Regards

Guest hackworks
please share you leaked source full rom, i want try bake my own vers. on my ubuntu. thank you.

I think it is based on the binary update and not the source. The kitchen will do more a repackaging. I would love to be proved wrong though :-)

Guest kunleski

I just rooted and installed the modaco rom, but its sluggish, infact the eclair is way faster.

Any help?

Is there also any way of making the app installed to sd without installing app 2 sd app, i'll also like to activate the live wallpaper feature.

n.b

clockspeed

min 480000

max 528000

Edited by kunleski

Guest fireplayer

Paul - or anyone else know of a file I can flash to add the restart options (Restart, Bootloader, Recovery) to the Power off section? I just paid for the kitchen and would really love that - BIG time!