New 7" Android 2.1 Tablet £139.97 Ebuyer ?

Guest slarti99

Guest slarti99

Oh NO !

The FAQ says:

Q. I downloaded the Angry Birds app but it doesn't seem to work?

A. Unfortunately due to hardware compatibility the Angry Birds app is not compatible with Scroll.

What else could there be problems with ?

Guest slarti99

The important things:

- If you can live with the resistive touch screen (it's a good one) and the inherent limitations that this brings this is a very fast cheap, solid feeling (the back is aluminium), tab.

- No memory card supplied so keep one handy

- Android 2.1

-Supplied update provides Goggle market place.

-Comes with a cool metal/plastic stylus which I haven't felt the need to use since I calibrated the screen.

-Angry Birds does have some display problems

-I'm not clever enough to know if this device can be rooted.

-The WiFi works fine.

-Charging cable sticks out a long way (but it's acceptable).

-Camera is OK

- Youtube fine

More testing to be done, happy to check things if anybody wants me to.

Guest thecoo1est
Oh NO !

The FAQ says:

Q. I downloaded the Angry Birds app but it doesn't seem to work?

A. Unfortunately due to hardware compatibility the Angry Birds app is not compatible with Scroll.

What else could there be problems with ?

I think it has more to do with angry birds and poor programming, I mean you shouldnt need a powerhouse to play that game, They had better looking stuf on snes, I have a Huawei Ascend, it to doesnt play angry birds, yes the phone is not as powerful as most but it should play angry birds, the developers need to get in there and fix some code or something. I havent had a problem out of any othe game ive downloaded.

Edited by thecoo1est

Guest slarti99

Mine does have a microphone so the spec must have overlooked it. Put it this way my talking Santa can repeat everything I say !

Some apps appear to be missing from the market (like Skype and KIndle) but that may be down to the fact it's 2.1 and I don't have a 2.2 device to check if they are there.

I am successfully playing films off my NAS, I use ES Explorer to browse my lan.

When I add a memory stick to the Host USB port the tab makes a noise but I have no idea how to access the storage ?

Starting to think that this is more of a bargain than I thought. Olay value is immense.

Got loads of apps working and only had a few probs with some.

Guest slarti99

This tab has a much better processor than the Advent Amico, same price, same OS (2.1), comes with market and host usb already. Choose your tab carefully. Advent will have good support on this forum tho I would guess.

Guest fatriff
I think it has more to do with angry birds and poor programming, I mean you shouldnt need a powerhouse to play that game, They had better looking stuf on snes, I have a Huawei Ascend, it to doesnt play angry birds, yes the phone is not as powerful as most but it should play angry birds, the developers need to get in there and fix some code or something. I havent had a problem out of any othe game ive downloaded.

Why should the developers get in there and fix some code on every device the Chinese or Whoever decide to pump out?? There are hundreds of these things floating around.. Does that mean the devs have to go through and make sure their software works on each one?? No, of course not!

I develop Android apps in my spare time and I only make sure my apps work on the Desire and the Desire HD, everybody else can just hope for the best as getting them to work on some phones isn't worth the time or the energy.

Edited by fatriff

Guest tradavang

Hi all 1 tip and 2 questions.

No 1 If your having problems accessing Android Market try unpluging any accessories ie keyboard, it worked for me.

No 2 Is there a car charger available for this machine?

No 3 Once apps have been downloaded and installed, how do you clean the title bar? I have 3 icons up there saying i have downloaded 3 apps and 1 wanting to download (that was a theme that was not compatable)

Guest slarti99

Nat sure about a car charger but if you buy an unofficial one off eBay etc. do check the power supply specs on the adapter and the polarity of the pins with a volt meter.

To get rid of the status messages on the title bar you need to drag the bar down to the bottom so you can see the message detail and then confirm each one.

Guest tradavang

just worked out that android market doesnt like to play in horizontal mode, it opens up ok but finds no Apps till you turn it vertical. Might just be mine but worth watching for. Anyone found out how to delete bookmarks? Got that one sorted just tap and hold bookmark and select delete from menu, easy. Now to sort out how to delete history.

Edited by tradavang

Hi. New member, so sorry if this has been discussed before - not managed to find anything on the subject so far, though!

I have all my music in our Itunes library (housed on a ReadyNAS Duo). Is it possible to stream music/playlists from itunes to a hifi/speakers around the house using a tablet like this? I know I could have a media streamer permanently attached to the TV etc, but I'd prefer to be able to unplug it and use it for web browsing etc when we feel like it. The Archos tablets seem to fit the bill, but rather expensive.

Anyone any comments/suggestions?

Thanks!!