Secret Dialler Codes!

Guest Arr Too

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Arr Too
Doesnt B08 = TFT???

No, for the UK firmwares a (working) B05 means OLED. B08 is the first version that supported TFT properly, in addition to OLED, and it will have been used on old OLED stock as well as the new TFT stock. Reconditioned/returned SanFrans probably get updated to whatever is the latest version, so it's possible that OLED units could come from Orange with any version on them (B10 is the latest, I think).

Guest oh!dougal

Doesnt B08 = TFT???

No.

In very simple terms B05 working properly means it must be OLED and cannot be TFT.

Everything newer from Orange UK (so far) works on both.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tony Rome
These are the codes that work on the standard phone dialler app on the Orange San Francisco, but I'm pretty sure they'll be almost identical on other models that we collectively know as "ZTE Blade".

Note: the above are for the standard ROM (well, apps) running 2.1. The current Froyo ROM (with standard dialler, etc.) does not have the Touchscreen Updater, but adds

None of these codes - *983* or *987* - work on my phone, with the exception of the IMEI one. According to Settings/About, it's running FLB-Froyo-r9. Any ideas?

Guest Tony Rome
The word in bold that you quoted. Perhaps it's an option/add-on for Flib's ROM?

Would be useful if there's some kind of add-on to allow these codes to run, as I have bought a San Francisco, which is supposed to be an OLED model and I want to confirm this.

Guest Arr Too
Would be useful if there's some kind of add-on to allow these codes to run, as I have bought a San Francisco, which is supposed to be an OLED model and I want to confirm this.

If you'd looked in the fairly obvious place you'd have found the SmartDialer add-on. The other possibility is to return to a stock ROM (temporarily, maybe, using ClockworkMod to backup your current state).

• 1 month later...
Guest SUBZEROUK

i have a new sanfrancisco its now glass lead instead of glass truly my new one has a really dim display now.I was wondering if any other people that own a glass lead one have the same problem my old truly sanfran had a perfect display but it broke so i had to get a new one.Im not happy with the dim display :mellow:

Guest FatherD

I have pushed the ChiperTest.apk to /system/app .. and have also tried altering it's permissions etc .. but I cannot get anything but 'Connection problem or invalid MMI code'

I am running Paul's r12 rom.

Any help much appreciated :mellow:

Guest Arr Too

You need the stock (ZTE) dialler appropriate to that ROM. And on that ROM you may need emode.apk and to activate the Emode first (see first post).

• 1 month later...
Guest ohyesman

I followed the instructions as below - the LCD test doesn't run and the amoled test scrolls through colours like it says below.

Screen Test for San Francisco

AMOLED or TFT ?

To test for AMOLED Screen ....... *983*31#

--------------------- * Do NOT press any other key after the last #

To test for LCD Screen ............. *983*3470#

--------------------

The " AMOLED" test shows some nice coloured screens , it starts with plain white and changes colour when you press the "back " ( right side ) button on the front of the phone .

------------------

If you have an "AMOLED" display the "LCD test" won't run it will just have a black screen for a second or two.

-----------------

Hope this helps a few people out who were not sure which type of screen they have .

Now i am confused as i was under the impression the they no longer made oled screens on the blade - i brought this new from orange shop saturday on paug but this seems to suggest i have a oled screen?????

Thoughts??? :) Do i have OLED or TFT??

Build no' is 0B10 and a Gen 1 according to pigfish.

Dialling *983*24474636# says the following: -

LCD information:

IC:HX8369

Glass:TRULY

Resolution:480x800

Could this be the return of OLED screens????

EDIT - just abit of extra info - Firmware is stock orange - 2.1update1 - planning on updating this weekend - hope i have no problems. Just looking into the gen1 & gen2 differences and seeing if i should switch to gen 2 and start with SS 2.2 frodo rom to start with

Edited by ohyesman

Guest Joshua-
I followed the instructions as below - the LCD test doesn't run and the amoled test scrolls through colours like it says below.

Screen Test for San Francisco

AMOLED or TFT ?

To test for AMOLED Screen ....... *983*31#

--------------------- * Do NOT press any other key after the last #

To test for LCD Screen ............. *983*3470#

--------------------

The " AMOLED" test shows some nice coloured screens , it starts with plain white and changes colour when you press the "back " ( right side ) button on the front of the phone .

------------------

If you have an "AMOLED" display the "LCD test" won't run it will just have a black screen for a second or two.

-----------------

Hope this helps a few people out who were not sure which type of screen they have .

Now i am confused as i was under the impression the they no longer made oled screens on the blade - i brought this new from orange shop saturday on paug but this seems to suggest i have a oled screen?????

Thoughts??? :) Do i have OLED or TFT??

Build no' is 0B10 and a Gen 1 according to pigfish.

Dialling *983*24474636# says the following: -

LCD information:

IC:HX8369

Glass:TRULY

Resolution:480x800

Could this be the return of OLED screens????

EDIT - just abit of extra info - Firmware is stock orange - 2.1update1 - planning on updating this weekend - hope i have no problems. Just looking into the gen1 & gen2 differences and seeing if i should switch to gen 2 and start with SS 2.2 frodo rom to start with

Tft truly

• 1 year later...
Guest micallan_17

this dialer *983*29873283# TouchScreen Update, bricked my ZTE Merit/Avail (Z990) touch screen lol, yeah i know i wasnt suppose to try it on a 2.2 android phone but i did blindly, now i got my self a bricked touchscreen

• 2 years later...

you can easily get AT&T ZTE IMEI Unlock Code from zteunlockcodes.com, i got a very fast response and easy solution to unlock my ZTE phone and i found it to be the cheapest way to unlock my phone 
thank you zteunlockcodes.com

• 5 months later...
Guest longgonelost

I know it's an old topic, but does any of you know a dialler code to force a sim network unlock prompt ? 

I have Vodafone Smart Ultra 6, which is basically ZTE Blade 6 Plus, but after "successful" unlock my phone got unlocked from Vodafone and locked to EE, and instead of asking for a code anymore just shows "No Sim"

Any help would be much appreciated!

P.S  The majority of these codes worked for me as well, that's the reason to ask here..

Edited by longgonelost

• 8 months later...