Evening All,

Thumbed through the thread and I think version 1.00 hasn't been posted which:

* Doesn't have the bug reported earlier in the thread that 0.99 does

* Views Live TV/Radio

* iPlayer content is still available for both TV/Radio

Worked for me....cheers!

I'm running Pauls Modaco R12 Rom....

Guest Maz2011

I tried this app again, not for the first time. For me it still has hardly any BBC radio programmes. RadioTime has far more. I wish I knew how anyone else can be seeing more radio programmes on this.

Guest Stuart_f
is it 0.99 or 1.99 i'm confused :huh:

I'm pretty sure 1.99 doesn't really exist. It's either 0.99 or 1.0 that's been edited to have a higher version number so that it looks newer than the current 1.10 in the market so you don't get update messages all the time. My money is on it being an edited version of 0.99

I can't find any noticeable differences between 0.99 and 1.0, people mention that 1.0 fixes bugs but then don't specify exactly which bugs are supposed to have been fixed. I'm assuming it's the sync problem in 0.99 that's fixed but I'll do some more testing before I say whether it has or hasn't.

Edited by Stuart_f

Guest beefman

Got myplayer working ok. but beebplayer flashes up a video error fault when I try to view anything. I can view all the listings ok and a stillshot from the program appears but when I press play, the video error message appears. ps. thanks to all for posting the apk's here for us to use. Any ideas on my beebplayer issue?

Also, is there any workaround to view ITV player content?

Guest moxon
Or another option is to buy a dreambox, some good beta apps coming out at moment for streaming dreambox to Android , I can log into my dreambox and watch all live and recorded content, also tell it to record too,

hi

what app do you use for dreambox please?

many thanks

Guest Geoff2

I'm a little confused by this. I've had the latest version of Beebplayer which was working a month ago. It now seems to have stopped working - I get a "Video Error -4" message when I try to watch anything.

So I've downloaded 'MyPlayer' which doesn't play all the programmes I click on - some of them work fine, while others give an "unable to access media stream" message. (Current example in the comedy category - 'How TV ruined your life.') The only explanation I can think of is that the unplayable programmes aren't yet available to watch on iPlayer, even though they are listed.

It looks like MyPlayer is the best option at the moment. I'd be interested if anyone knows the reason for the unstreamable programmes.

Guest kar999

According to the authors blog... Beebplayer is finally dead....

"Any existing beebPlayer users may find that they get an obscure "-2147483648" error message when attempting to access any streams. It is an ex-parrot."

http://davejohnston.posterous.com/official...r-app-available

Other options left, with limited sucess are either m.tvcatchup.com (see link below), an old version of Myplayer or Skyfire browser.

http://forums.tvcatchup.com/forumdisplay.p...-Mobile-Devices

Edited by kar999

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Faber01

Tried all three versions of MyPlayer listed in this thread, all of them had frequent picture breakup and bad audio lag, would be ok for watching some documentaries or sport. Im using the stock 2.1 ROM so maybe it works better on Froyo.

Guest Scoopading
Tried all three versions of MyPlayer listed in this thread, all of them had frequent picture breakup and bad audio lag, would be ok for watching some documentaries or sport. Im using the stock 2.1 ROM so maybe it works better on Froyo.

Froyo doesn't fix the lag, but it is fixed on Gingerbread (using CyanogenMod 7). Try nightly 25 if you want to give it a go.

The one downside of Cyanogen is the seek bar doesn't work in Mplayer, so you can't fast forward or rewind. However video performance is massively improved across the board and sync issues (from 2.1 and 2.2) are gone. This also applies to other video players such as Rockplayer.

Installed the 0.9.9 from this thread, works great, watched some QI last night. It did have the picture breakup thing and audio slowly going out of sync. One thing you can do is just seek to your current position, it'll restart playback at that point and everything will snap back into sync. You only really need to do it every few minutes :D

FLB Froyo R11

Edited by Roph

Guest Faber01

The problem seems to be with the phone rather than Myplayer, I tried playing video with Rockplayer and get the same audio sync problems, in MyPlayer I don't have any seek options. I guess as Scoopading says I'd have to install Gingerbread but I really don't want to flash the ROM at the moment.

Guest mrbloggs

Im using v1.999 posted on this thread, and 90% of the time the video/sound plays ok, no sync problems, depending on my location and time of day, so I'm putting the poor sync down to network.

The live BBC news stream quality is poor though

Using the standard 2.1 rom with orange stuff removed.

Guest Scoopading
Im using v1.999 posted on this thread, and 90% of the time the video/sound plays ok, no sync problems, depending on my location and time of day, so I'm putting the poor sync down to network.

For a while the "download" option worked, and you could download the file from the BBC and run it locally from your SD Card. You'd see that even then it'd go out of sync, so it's definitely not the network. Other video content, played via players like RockPlayer from the SDCard, will also go out of sync too. Unfortunately it's a problem with 2.1/2.2 and, if you want a fix, you'll have to install CyanogenMod 7. CM7 doesn't work any miracles on the live streams quality though. I think the streams MyPlayer is using are designed for older Nokia phones.

Unfortunately it appears the BBC now only deems the "iPhone" worthy of support outside of Flash. Everyone else will have to go through Adobe Flash 10+ in future, which currently (and probably always) rules out the Blade. Plenty of people have questioned why the Iphone should be singled out for special treatment from the BBC, which doesn't seem to be extended to any other manufacturer now. The BBC's never actually answered that question, although the real answer is probably not a million miles from the fact that the middle and upper management types, who make these sorts of decisions at the BBC, have a large percentage of IPhone users in their midst.

Guest Faber01

I'm intrigued that you're getting iplayer working well, I checked other forums and a few people are saying it plays fine on their san fran, annoying! I also read that it plays better via 3G rather than wi-fi. I rooted my phone and removed a lot of the Orange stuff but it made no difference.

I found a player that plays video ok, its called yxplayer, there is an audio lag but its very slight and its consistent, the video quality is very good. It shows that this phone can play video ok but it doesn't help the issue with iplayer, if I could make yxplayer my default player then this could solve the issue with MyPlayer but i've no idea how to do this.

Edited by Faber01