very hot back , and phone discharges itself in 20 mins

Guest simonlincs

Guest simonlincs

Hi,

sorry if this has been covered but I couldn't see it

Got 2 orange San Frans, great, I use mine a lot, and after 2 weeks, it started to get hot and drain the battery, and not take charge. Got a replacement and now 9 days later same problem. I was in the Car using it as a geocache gps, fine in the morning but half through journey, burning hot and now dead.My son's is fine, and if i use a charged battery from his in mine, its loads and works but battery temp rises 45 Degrees plus and drains as I watch the battery monitor

both unlocked, running standard rom on giffgaff sim,

any thoughts/ suggestions

thanks

Guest Stuart_f

Sounds like something is taking the cpu to 100% and eating the battery.

What apps do you have installed?

If you nandroid backup and flash a stock rom does the same thing happen? You can restore your backup after the test.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Sounds like something is taking the cpu to 100% and eating the battery.

What apps do you have installed?

If you nandroid backup and flash a stock rom does the same thing happen? You can restore your backup after the test.

Can you report what you see in

Settings | About Phone | Battery Use

Guest simonlincs
Can you report what you see in

Settings | About Phone | Battery Use

Ok fresh battery from other phone, as battery wont charge in the duff phone, even over night

Android 99%

thx

Guest Kaiser Wilhelm II

Could be that the phone is contantly sycing something. When I first got mine I noticed that often the back would get warm and the phone battery would run down really fast. Then I noticed that the sync icon was constantly present. I used a task killer to kill off things that looked like they might sync data - like the Google calendar, orange backups, orange headlines etc and all was well. I do this every time I reboot the phone and no reoccurrence of the problems.

Not sure what the exact problem app was but I strongly suspect Google calendar sync.

Guest Matty-p
i;m getting occasional spontaneous reboots.(its a Linux thing),

it most certitianly isnt 'a linux thing' :) thank you very much go back to your windows machine i think your getting windows and linux mixed up :) :( :lol:

seriously though what rom? what apps are in your task manager as the highest and what dose battery usage manager have to say

Edited by Matty-p

Guest simonlincs

its the stock rom, and its get very very hot,

trying to do the clockwork recovery thing, but keep getting waiting for device

been trying on windows, will use a linux machine now

thanks for help

Simon

it most certitianly isnt 'a linux thing' :) thank you very much go back to your windows machine i think your getting windows and linux mixed up :) :( :lol:

seriously though what rom? what apps are in your task manager as the highest and what dose battery usage manager have to say

Guest Matty-p
its the stock rom, and its get very very hot,

trying to do the clockwork recovery thing, but keep getting waiting for device

been trying on windows, will use a linux machine now

thanks for help

Simon

hows linux :) no drivers needed :)

for windows have you definatly followed all instuctions have you installed drivers and adp/fastboot and are you in cmd from the same directory ??

Guest cartierv

Hi. The reason I said that was because every single Linux system I've had does this. And I'm reading this is common fare on Android. So apparently it's: sit back, relax and get used to it :(

I'm not sure what you mean by 'the highest'. I didn't think Task Manager displayed like Activity Monitor in OS X (or $top) , I can't find a way of showing current CPU usage for each app , it just seems to be ordered alphabetically.

Battery usage says: Android System exclusively.

The more I read a lot of things can trigger this apart from general faulty unit which I hope not. I'm not sure what I installed, have installed a lot. I think it might have started after I rooted phone and then derooted again using whatever the recommened Universal Androot is. But I don't know it' that.

SD card is a big possible culprit. Overheating, covers on some phones which have sensors, and background apps, task killers and so on.

Very soon I'm gonna do an install of of one of these new ROMs and see what happens.

it most certitianly isnt 'a linux thing' :) thank you very much go back to your windows machine i think your getting windows and linux mixed up :) :lol: :P