Show your support for the Sanfran/Blade

Guest rjm2k

Guest BigBearMDC
Hopefully this will spread the Blade love to XDA

So that all those poor lost soles can get a Blade :)

Hopefully that means CM ROMs for the Blade :)

Best regards,

BB

If the Blade wins then it should give XDA-Dev some real indication on how huge the user base is for this phone. They would be stupid to ignore it.

Are you now supporting it having it's own home at XDA? I'm sure you weren't keen on it before?

The thing is : when a phone is cheap and can easily be Custom ROM'd (no goldcard etc), lots of people go out and buy it.

So there are simply more voters with a ZTE Blade than the other phones.

Isn't that the whole point of a vote?

Guest Arr Too
Isn't that the whole point of a vote?

I suppose it depends what you think "best" means in this vote. Best value for money, I'd say. I mean, if money were no object then we'd all have a Nexus S. You know, expensive pre-production models that we bribed several $million for. :)

I suppose it depends what you think "best" means in this vote. Best value for money, I'd say. I mean, if money were no object then we'd all have a Nexus S.

In this vote I would think it means best overall. Not best value for money, not best specs, not best looks - but using them all to come to a decision.

On that basis I don't believe that the Blade deserves to win.

But that isn't why people are voting for it at XDAdevs - it seems like some sort of ideological crusade going on, to make xdadevs accept it. :)

Count me out of the Nexus S, even if I was a multi-billionaire. a SGS with SD card slot removed? Doesn't sound very exciting. :)

Guest targetbsp
In this vote I would think it means best overall. Not best value for money, not best specs, not best looks - but using them all to come to a decision.

No-one has used all of those phones. And you'd have to have done so to meet your condition for judging them. All this poll really is going to show is 'what's the best phone you own?'. There's no way I'd ever spend £400 on a phone even though I can afford it. So the Blades cheap price has ensured that it is, to me, the best phone I have ever used. And I voted as such. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest ezablade
No-one has used all of those phones. And you'd have to have done so to meet your condition for judging them. All this poll really is going to show is 'what's the best phone you own?'. There's no way I'd ever spend £400 on a phone even though I can afford it. So the Blades cheap price has ensured that it is, to me, the best phone I have ever used. And I voted as such. :)

Agree with that totally. When I got my SF, I had to get another for the other half. No way was I getting a new toy if she didn't. There's no chance we'd pay anything up to a thousand pounds for two phones!

The low price not only means two more Android converts, it makes me a little less nervous to play with it, I'd guess most owners of £500 phones don't root and flash custom ROMs on them!

Taking price into consideration, the SF is amazing. 80% of the performance for 20% of the cost. That'll do for me. It's the reason that the Bugatti Veyron won't get Car Of The Year, but, a small family runabout will. Best doesn't necessarily mean the fastest or the shiniest.

Oh, and have to agree with rbbrslmn... Motorola make some seriously ugly phones.

Edited by ezablade

Guest Arr Too
In this vote I would think it means best overall.

It also seems to mean "best in your imagination". I mean, how can Nexus S be in there? Why can't we have ZTE's next smart phone in the list on that basis? (Yeah, I know they haven't even announced one, but I'm sure we get the point.)

Guest xenopod

But that isn't why people are voting for it at XDAdevs - it seems like some sort of ideological crusade going on, to make xdadevs accept it. :)

Count me out of the Nexus S, even if I was a multi-billionaire. a SGS with SD card slot removed? Doesn't sound very exciting. :)

if its a crusade then count me in, in fact call me king arthur, stick me on a horse and point me towards france lol

Guest PeaNut_HU

I was thinking of buying a SGS, but when i thought about my last failure the HTC Touch Pro2 (i still have it - registered on XDA too...) i would never give out so much money for a device, that does not have good support. Every device has its flaws, but the flaw of the Windows Mobile based HTC devices is its OS itself - i learned it by buying my phone the hard and expensive way. No matter that you can still boot Android via Haret, if there's no proper kernel with drivers supporting the device it's useless. The blade does everything for me that the touch pro 2 did, except the blade is faster/snappier, user friendlier, has a huge market with absolutely any software i can think of, and it "just works" without the crippled software feeling that iphones have. I don't need the hardware keyboard at all, instead i can have a phone that does not freeze on incoming calls, does not go into deepsleep (BSOD) and can simply use it as a daily companion normally for surfing, email reading, texting and ofcourse calling. So why couldn't be the Blade the best overall android phone - for the average user it does far more than any android phone in this category before.

Guest 90180360
If the Blade wins then it should give XDA-Dev some real indication on how huge the user base is for this phone. They would be stupid to ignore it.

I think they've made it quite clear that they don't want us peasants on their property.

Guest rbbrslmn
Oh, and have to agree with rbbrslmn... Motorola make some seriously ugly phones.

the blurb for their new phones includes bits about 'industrial design' unfortunately they dont mean industrial design in a way that apple do, they mean that it has the aesthetics of a 60s power station.

This is hilarious, a little £100 phone still without a picture is bashing down the big boys and running away with the competition

we've not won yet, there's still almost 6 months left on the poll, plenty of time for new phones to come out, the blade has only been around for around 3