ZTE V9 Tablet

Guest J_Martin

Guest Sebastian404
Working IE "compilable" blade source?

Im a good hacker but only a beginner dev so excuse me if I'm way off but couldnt we just get the blade source and insert the lines about touchscreen from the non working v9 source then compile?

working v9 source, we have a sorta working source for the blade.

I've managed to working working kernels for the Blade, Joe & Racer from the source.. tho all of them needed some 'typos' fixing in the source.. god knows what sort of Version control system the use at ZTE

if you want to start looking at why the v9 kernel does not build, feel free... :D I'm going to pester ZTE, since they have obligation to release the source....

Guest Pacpack
For anyone who cares... I just installed the Thai language fonts and keyboard as a request to another user. Works well... i think, i dont know, i dont speak or read Thai :D

If interested, let me know. The steps are a little different compared to some other devices out there...

Requests for other languages ? might see if i can install them... Doing Vietnamese next for my wife... While some support is there, some letters are not. Get half a word in Viet and the other half is all just black squares :D

How do you install the thai font ?

Would you please tell me ?

I just got it yesterday and can't find a way to make it read thai.

Guest alpha xs
The maximum I get is 800MHZ (Vodafone 945 same cpu) but freezes.

without freezing the processor seems do to well betwen 710 to 748Mhz , but this was tried on the blade

Edited by alpha xs

Guest slapnuts
Thank you for your help but I can't register to the forum.

It always say my e-mail can't be use for register.

Would you please post it here ??

Many thanks

Apparently you need an Australian based email address, or it will not allow registration to work.

Just my 2c

Guest forforum

Was in Hong Kong recently, ZTE starts to sell the V9 there. Came with a protective case, nice tight fit, much better than using one for the Galaxy Tab.

Comes with multiple language packs, Chinese and many other languages too.

Apparently, A2SD was built in the 2.1 Update 1.

Pricewise HK$2700 (Galaxy Tab roughly HK$5000)

Edited by forforum

Guest alpha xs
Was in Hong Kong recently, ZTE starts to sell the V9 there. Came with a protective case, nice tight fit, much better than using one for the Galaxy Tab.

Comes with multiple language packs, Chinese and many other languages too.

Apparently, A2SD was built in the 2.1 Update 1.

Pricewise HK$2700 (Galaxy Tab roughly HK$5000)

That's 255,74€ .... 5€ more than here but ok... first i thougth it was zte v9+ version... was getting ready to put my on ebay lol (mental note: get some sleep this weekend)

Edited by alpha xs

Guest cuttysark76
hi ppl it's been a long weekend and haven't had the time to dig any further, i've had some sucessefull boots and other's not so sucefulll but the sreen input keeps to be the problem by now.

Hi,

This guy managed to add/change a driver (wifi) without compiling... LINK . If could replicate this for the touch screen...

"(...)

I struggled couple of days to run successfully WIFI driver on Android Froyo version, Below are the Steps which includes porting of Wifi Drivers to Android:-

Step1:-Modified "wpa_supplicant.conf " ,ctrl_interface modification is important here..,This file actually will be loaded to device @ path /etc/wifi/

##### wpa_supplicant configuration file template #####

update_config=1

ctrl_interface=DIR=/data/misc/wifi GROUP=wifi

eapol_version=1

ap_scan=1

fast_reauth=1

Step2:-Modification of file BoardConfig.mk ,Modify Module path and FW path depending on the requirement.BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_DRIVER should be WEXT..,if its custom change it.

BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_DRIVER := WEXT

WPA_SUPPLICANT_VERSION := VER_0_6_X

#BOARD_WLAN_DEVICE := bcm4329

WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_PATH := "/system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko"

WIFI_DRIVER_FW_STA_PATH := "/system/vendor/firmware/fw_bcm4329.bin"

WIFI_DRIVER_FW_AP_PATH := "/system/vendor/firmware/fw_bcm4329_apsta.bin"

WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_ARG := "firmware_path=/system/vendor/firmware/fw_bcm4329.bin nvram_path=/system/etc/nvram.txt"

WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_NAME := "bcm4329"

Step3:-Modification of system.prop file

wifi.interface=eth0

Step4:-Modifiication of init.rc file

mkdir /data/misc/wifi 0770 wifi wifi

chmod 0770 /data/misc/wifi

mkdir /data/misc/wifi/sockets 0770 wifi wifi

mkdir /data/misc/dhcp 0770 dhcp dhcp

mkdir /data/wifi 0770 wifi wifi

chmod 0660 /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

setprop wifi.interface "eth0"

setprop wlan.driver.status "ok"

setprop wlan.interface "eth0"

service wpa_supplicant /system/bin/logwrapper /system/bin/wpa_supplicant -Dwext -ieth0 -c/system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf -dd

disabled

oneshot

group system

service dhcpcd /system/bin/logwrapper /system/bin/dhcpcd -d eth0

disabled

oneshot

(...)"

Well, here are the touch screen Android drivers that I took from ZTE_Kernel_Eclair_General

touchscreen.rar

Edited by cuttysark76

Guest Sebastian404
If could replicate this for the touch screen...

The problem you have is that touchscreen drivers are complied into the Kernel, so until we can build our own kernel we are not going to get anywhere...

Hopefully I'll make some progress next week.

Guest synaptic

Also worth noting, this build has the debug.sf.hw setting set to 0 (off) by default. (i.e. no GPU accelerated UI). Since the CPU is low, switching this on made a (perhaps psychological only??) difference for me.

The only problem is that there are pretty obvious artifacts immediately, but I see http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad.../page/60/"" target="_blank">here that on the blade it's a matter of copying across a file into the /system/lib folder (but note the last user reported they couldn't get it working and bricked their phone). Would this be correct?

Guest Sebastian404
Also worth noting, this build has the debug.sf.hw setting set to 0 (off) by default. (i.e. no GPU accelerated UI). Since the CPU is low, switching this on made a (perhaps psychological only??) difference for me.

The only problem is that there are pretty obvious artifacts immediately, but I see http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad.../page/60/"" target="_blank">here</a> that on the blade it's a matter of copying across a file into the /system/lib folder (but note the last user reported they couldn't get it working and bricked their phone). Would this be correct?

On the blade, yes... but it also introduced a bunch of other 'odd' things, so most people left it off as standard...

I allways take a conservative view... the 'default' settings are default for a reason, the Telco's have spent a fortune testing these devices.... with the 'default' settings :D

Guest slapnuts
I made 2 roms for recovery (well and a stock one) one with link2sd and the other with app2sd. (be prepared to use google translator, haven´t had the time to translate, still in the app2sd version theres a short readme)(also there's the list of apps on the botom of both posts)

alphaxsMOD 2.1 ZTE V9 App2sd Full 1.2

alphaxsMOD ZTE V9 Link2SD 1.0 FULL

with the apps2sd one now getting constant boot loops upon restarts. any suggestions? gets to just after vodafone bright screen, then with a flashing red led goes back to the dim one.

Guest alpha xs
with the apps2sd one now getting constant boot loops upon restarts. any suggestions? gets to just after vodafone bright screen, then with a flashing red led goes back to the dim one.

wipe cache

Guest cuttysark76
The problem you have is that touchscreen drivers are complied into the Kernel, so until we can build our own kernel we are not going to get anywhere...

Hopefully I'll make some progress next week.

Which Kernel are you going to use has your base? Are you going to build it from scratch?

It would be great if you could benefit from the ZTE Blade achivements (Cyanogen 7 or Froyo)

HTC Aria also has similar specs but I didn't get anywhere with their ROM's

BR

Guest alpha xs
thanks for the quick reply, would it be best to do this in recovery, or is there another method?

just boot in recovery is simpler. In case its not enough, wipe everything.

hi to all, can anybody tell how to install jit for zte v9? i've tried to run darktremor a2sd 2.7.5.2 jit but while rebooting device freezes and android doesnt run.

hi to all, can anybody tell how to install jit for zte v9? i've tried to run darktremor a2sd 2.7.5.2 jit but while rebooting device freezes and android doesnt run.

app2sd has already been made for this device that does not require JIT, so i dont understand what you require JIT for.

Anyway, there is heaps of info on google if you want to get it running...

ie:

http://androidforums.com/droid-all-things-...enable-jit.html

If you get it working and it makes a difference, come back and let us know :D

Guest alpha xs

have you tried de alphaxsMOD app2sd

it's completed with app2sd with ext2 as internal memory, (class 4 sd card minimum recomended)

Guest Sebastian404
Which Kernel are you going to use has your base? Are you going to build it from scratch?

It would be great if you could benefit from the ZTE Blade achivements (Cyanogen 7 or Froyo)

HTC Aria also has similar specs but I didn't get anywhere with their ROM's

BR

when you check the .config for the kernal, you'll see in the blade's:

# CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_MSM is not set
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_SYNAPTICS_I2C_RMI=y[/code]

where as in the V9 its the other way around, so its using a totally different touchscreen.... the fact that your getting something out of it is surprising

Guest Sebastian404
lol...

Can you edit that config (with Joe or V9) and recompile it?

That is the problem tho, the kernel will not boot once its built.

On the flight home I was looking at the differences betwen the blade and v9's kernel... there is a lot, beyond the drivers.

Guest cuttysark76
That is the problem tho, the kernel will not boot once its built.

On the flight home I was looking at the differences betwen the blade and v9's kernel... there is a lot, beyond the drivers.

I think the problem is my mind set. I look to an Android phone the same way I look to a computer. I don't understand why we can't use a sort of hardware sniffer, through adb, that collects all the hardware info, automatically search the best drivers for it and compile it as a ROM.

Guest Sebastian404
I think the problem is my mind set. I look to an Android phone the same way I look to a computer. I don't understand why we can't use a sort of hardware sniffer, through adb, that collects all the hardware info, automatically search the best drivers for it and compile it as a ROM.

well, in theory the hardware drivers for the v9 are included in the kernel source, its all just complied into one big executable, the drivers are not separated out from the kernel..

and the issue we have is the source wont compile into something that works....

On my flight home, I contrasted the blade and the v9's kernel configs, and then I repeated the exercise for all the other ZTE devices we know of...

the blade seems to stand out as being VERY different config from the other 3 ZTE devices... forgetting the hardware differences,

MARKERS, NETFILTER, TEXTSEARCH, CONTEXT_SWITCH_TRACER are all enabled on the Blade.

The Blade uses a deadline IO Scheduler while the other devices use a anticipatory one.

The Blade is the only one to have CPU_32v6K enabled.

That is a very odd change in settings... however the bad news is that if I build a kernel for the Blade using the the V9's Config, only changing the Architecture, Frame-buffer and sensors set for the Blade, that kernel would still boot on my Blade.

So the upshot is the 'problem' with the kernel is in the V9 specific parts.

Unfortunately Virgin America lost my luggage on the way back, seems they forgot to transfer it, so its going to be a few more days before I get my V9 to start messing with...

Edited by Sebastian404