HELP! Dell Streak... Failed upgrade to 2.2

Guest 5inches

Guest 5inches

Hi all,

I recently bought a dell streak, running 1.6 software. I received the official 'notification' that everyone has been whinging about (not receiving). The update was downloaded no problems, but the phone would not respond after it re-booted (just after the update was initiated). Then you had to pull the battery, and it would boot normally back into 1.6. I tried this several times, progressing through re-naming the file to Update.pkg and putting on the root of SD card. Then I read lots of forums, tried many recovery files and other roms. (Also another method where you copy the etc and system folders to the corresponding folders on the streak).

Where is it now?

It still seems to to be communicating through fastboot. (from the cmd window, and on the screen of the streak) It locks up when you hold down both volume buttons on power on (after you select the update from update.pkg on sdcard) and sits on the black screen indefinitely. On a normal power on it just sits on the dell logo. Tried fastboot, but it does not work for me. I fear that I have changed so many things, it is dead in the water.

Other details: Used to be running GAUSB111100 6767

I would like to be able to be using Steve's latest ROM on 2.2 What do I need to do from here?

Hi all,

I recently bought a dell streak, running 1.6 software. I received the official 'notification' that everyone has been whinging about (not receiving). The update was downloaded no problems, but the phone would not respond after it re-booted (just after the update was initiated). Then you had to pull the battery, and it would boot normally back into 1.6. I tried this several times, progressing through re-naming the file to Update.pkg and putting on the root of SD card. Then I read lots of forums, tried many recovery files and other roms. (Also another method where you copy the etc and system folders to the corresponding folders on the streak).

Where is it now?

It still seems to to be communicating through fastboot. (from the cmd window, and on the screen of the streak) It locks up when you hold down both volume buttons on power on (after you select the update from update.pkg on sdcard) and sits on the black screen indefinitely. On a normal power on it just sits on the dell logo. Tried fastboot, but it does not work for me. I fear that I have changed so many things, it is dead in the water.

Other details: Used to be running GAUSB111100 6767

I would like to be able to be using Steve's latest ROM on 2.2 What do I need to do from here?

Can you get into recovery mode? if so do you have custom recovery image like clockworkmod?