Advent Vega - ROMs / Software Updates / Guides / How Tos

Guest gadget_tech

Guest ChazW123
Please find below links for the Advent Vega, the idea is this will provide a full repository of updates.

GLES Optimized Flash for Advent Vega

1. Adobe Flash Player 10.1.95.18
    File name: libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101019_v10.1.95.18_signed.apk File size: 4.33 MB
  2. Adobe Flash Player 10.1.95.22
    File name: libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101028_v10.1.95.22_signed.apk File size: 4.23 MB
  3. Adobe Flash Player 10.1.120.1
    File name: libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101206_v10.1.120.1_signed.apk File size: 4.33 MB
Software Updates
  1. The latest Android Market - Version 2.2.6
    File name: com.android.vending_2.2.6.apk File size: 1.76 MB
  2. Google Books App
    File name: com.google.android.apps.books.apk File size: 1.50 MB
  3. G Script
    File name: GScript.apk File size: 32.72 KB
Rom Updates
  1. Rom 1.02 (First shipment)
    File name: softwareImage_v1.02_Vega_Final.exe File size: 81.42 MB
  2. Update 1.03
    File name: boot_update_20101119_v1.0.3_dix.zip File size: 4.19 MB
  3. Rom 1.04
    File name: softwareImage_v1.04_Vega_Final.exe File size: 81.32 MB
  4. Rom 1.04.01
    File name: vega-softwareimage_v1.04_01_vega_final.exe File size: 80.44 MB
  5. Rom 1.06.05 (no flash)
    File name: softwareImage_v1.06_05_Vega_Final.exe File size: 78.75 MB
Boot Images for USB modes - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Command - "/data/local/flash_image boot /mnt/sdcard/USB/filename.img" - Full details here -> Link

1. Host
    File name: host.img File size: 8.00 MB
  2. Slave
    File name: slave.img File size: 4.06 MB
Other items - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

POV Mobii 10

1. Firmware update instuctions
    File name: Firmware update instuctions.pdf File size: 515.55 KB
  2. Tegra Tab 10 Update V 1.07
    File name: Tegra Tab 10 Update V 1.07.zip File size: 89.05 MB
  3. Tegra Tab 10 USB Driver
    File name: Tegra Tab 10 USB Driver.zip File size: 6.09 MB
Web Machines - ux100
  1. Rom 1.07
    File name: P10_image.exe File size: 77.47 MB

Nice work, hadn't seen the newer Flash Player (10.1.120.1) was available, off to try it out now.

Cheers!

Guest JordanT92

TnT Lite for the Viewsonic G tablet runs well on the tablet, I love the menu bar at the top, it looks amazing... BUT.. WIFI doesn't work.

I'll get onto getting WiFi working with the build and let you guys know if I get anywhere. Pulling ar6000.ko or bcm4329.ko (if available) from a Vega build and putting that in /system/lib/modules/ of the TnT Lite build should hopefully get us somewhere.

WARNING: Open the update.zip and replace boot.img with a Vega boot.img, USB Slave or USB Host, failure to do so will result in a Vega which fails to boot and fails to enter recovery and you'll have to reflash to stock using NVFLash.

TnT Lite at XDA-Developers

Edited by JordanT92

Guest nigelpwilson
TnT Lite for the Viewsonic G tablet runs well on the tablet, I love the menu bar at the top, it looks amazing... BUT.. WIFI doesn't work.

I'll get onto getting WiFi working with the build and let you guys know if I get anywhere. Pulling ar6000.ko or bcm4329.ko (if available) from a Vega build and putting that in /system/lib/modules/ of the TnT Lite build should hopefully get us somewhere.

WARNING: Open the update.zip and replace boot.img with a Vega boot.img, USB Slave or USB Host, failure to do so will result in a Vega which fails to boot and fails to enter recovery and you'll have to reflash to stock using NVFLash.

TnT Lite at XDA-Developers

Sounds interesting ...you got anywhere with this yet?

Guest trevor432990

Percy this seems like a good idea so perhaps you should PM Paul to ask if he thinks it's worth making this topic a sticky and agree how it will be maintained thereafter. :)

Nice one Mark (Percy25).

I wondered what you'd been up to - this is really useful and I look forward to updates as we move forward.

It'd be great if some Custom ROMs appeared here too.

Guest owenoliver1

~I got the same problem as that guy way back in using the r5 and i got no super user coming up just get an error no idea if anyone can help me with this when I use gscript and click usb host or usb slave i get error

stderr: su: uid 10020 not allowed to su

i also tried the terminal emulator and i get another error

su: uid 10037 not allowed to su

can anyone help?

Guest simonta

Hi guys

I've been playing around with the TnT and VegaN-Tab ROMs to figure out new patches for the mcr packs.

Been a silly boy! Did a full flash and thought I'd replaced boot.img with an original but found out the hard way that I hadn't and now can't back into recovery - because of the incorrect boot.img.

I've read about using NVFlash to get back to stock but I can't find any docs for this.

Anyone know how to do it?

Cheers

Edited by simonta

Guest Wiss911
How do I install the Nvidia Tegra updates please. I assume these files give a performance boost.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

You can install this via Clockwork mod, choose the zip.file from sdcard to update.

Regards

Wiss911

Guest Wiss911

Hello all,

i have the similar Device POV Mobii Tegra 10,2". Does anybody managed to run the original G-Tablet Stock Rom 3389 on the Vega or Mobii? I replaced the boot.img with the Original one from POV and the Update went without problems. But on starting i only get FC for the TapNTap Welcome Setup... Maybe it is related to the missing internal SD Card.

Maybe one here have an idea for me, i really would like to try TapNTap :-)

Regards

Wiss911