Any custom roms Huawei U8800?

Guest -Simo-

Guest Fatsodonkey
Hi, im new so is there any custom roms for Huawei U8800?

I Don´t know?! But i would like to know. :) Could someone be making a custom rom for it?!?!? The phone would desperately need one!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest ksatta

I'm also interested in custom roms. I've gotten so far that Z4Root seems to work, however before installing busybox I wanted to take a rom backup, and looks like clockworkmod rom manager doesn't have the phone listed in the recovery images list. Anyone tried to install busybox on this?

Guest Sakarias
I'm also interested in custom roms. I've gotten so far that Z4Root seems to work, however before installing busybox I wanted to take a rom backup, and looks like clockworkmod rom manager doesn't have the phone listed in the recovery images list. Anyone tried to install busybox on this?

I have Titanium backup installed and busybox installed by titanium backup

Guest Fatsodonkey

I think that the phone has its own recovery system. When you press up and the power button at the same time in the startup you go to the recovery mode. Someone should really start making a custom rom for the phone that would atleast allow you to overlock the phone more than 800mhz... The phone really is a good one. Few problems only that could be fixed with a custom rom.

Guest ksatta
I think that the phone has its own recovery system. When you press up and the power button at the same time in the startup you go to the recovery mode. Someone should really start making a custom rom for the phone that would atleast allow you to overlock the phone more than 800mhz... The phone really is a good one. Few problems only that could be fixed with a custom rom.

When you press vol up and power, the normal stock recovery menu is shown. If I have understood correctly the Clockworkmod recovery rom allows you to take a full image of the rom and then restore it later. So if you totally mess up your rom (by doing some tweaks to the files, or if you flash a custom rom from the internet, etc..) the Clockworkmod recovery system allows you to restore the old working rom. BTW the normal stock recovery menu can be accessed also by running "adb reboot recovery". But I didn't know you can also access it by pressing vol up and power, new info is always good :D

I've already mailed the maker of Clockworkmod if I could help him create a custom recovery image for the Huawei U8800, but I haven't gotten any reply.

Edited by ksatta

Guest ty_hot

Handtec.co.uk says it has front facing camera, but looking at the phone's pictures I cant see it. Its a mistake right?

(yh, nothing to do with the thread, but there is no specified section for this mobile phone)

• 2 months later...