MODACO'S ROM FOR ARCHOS

Guest monkeydrufy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kashban
The Archos rom is apparently very secure so I doubt we will see a custom rom any time soon. We haven't even been able to get permanent root on it yet.

Actually there is a permanent root available now by using the developer edition (SDE). In combination with the android source it should be possible to create custom ROMs now, right?

It is also possible to boot into the developer edition (aka custom rom of your choice) by default if you remove the standard kernel from the device.

By using ext4-partitions on internal storage or sd card it is also possible to boost the speed of the device extremly (difference of 500 points in quadrant benchmark) and to have as much space for apps and data as you like (I use 2 GiByte of the SD-Card for that matter). Overclocking has been implemented too.

See thread at XDA-Developers:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...54#post10345354

Edited by Kashban

• 2 months later...
Guest Carbonize

I am well aware that you can root using the developer firmware and I am also well aware that using this firmware voids your warranty.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Splux
I am well aware that you can root using the developer firmware and I am also well aware that using this firmware voids your warranty.

As far as I know rooting your device also voids your warranty... So, big deal? :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Carbonize
As far as I know rooting your device also voids your warranty... So, big deal? :D

Installing the SDE leaves a marker in the device so that you cannot go back to the official firmware and claim you didn't do anything. The same cannot b said for rooting.