RUU - 1.72.405.3

Guest EddyOS

Guest duderuud

It runs great on my DHD.

Just don't install the RUU but extract the boot.img and system.img and push them to your phone.

In the XDA thread you can also find a set of scripts that gives you root again.

Radio S-OFF and supercid helps... :) (Just did that to be certain)

Guest thfc5975

Have tried every single instruction to the letter regarding this so I can try and put on the new rom. I have been on this forum under a couple of different accounts now and every time I try and do something it plainly does not work correctly.

If anyone does question anything then they are greeted with a torrent of abuse. I understand Paul has a life to lead but surely there are people on here who can help people instead of laying into them verbally.

I wouldn't put the new ota until there is a proper rooted deodexed rom for it, either by leedroid, mike1986 or Paul himself.

it will save you the pain.

when they finish with it all you will need to do is enter recovery and flash their rom.

Guest mike1986
I wouldn't put the new ota until there is a proper rooted deodexed rom for it, either by leedroid, mike1986 or Paul himself.

it will save you the pain.

when they finish with it all you will need to do is enter recovery and flash their rom.

No worries, will be ready for today probably :)

Guest adanoss
anyone tried VISIONary+ temproot on this ROM?

doesn't work at all... hangs on "temproot" just black screen and nothing happens... it does something, cpu is loaded and switching to Home is very slow...

looks like waiting is the only thing, that such a noob like me can do.. :)

Guest Henrik Schack

Newbie needs help:

Any hints on how to make my DHD accept this update ?

it just hangs at the boot screen with a big exclamation mark :-(

I have unrooted and have S-ON

However clockworkmod is still installed

/Henrik

Guest Wild Child

Follow this

this is how i got mine to accept it

Newbie needs help:

Any hints on how to make my DHD accept this update ?

it just hangs at the boot screen with a big exclamation mark :-(

I have unrooted and have S-ON

However clockworkmod is still installed

/Henrik

Guest Henrik Schack
Follow this
this is how i got mine to accept it

I've also tried with Visionary permroot and S-OFF, same result, after downloading and accepting to install the update, the phone reboots and stops

/Henrik

Guest Wild Child

watch the programs he uses, he uses visionary and easys off or in his video it was an earlier version called easyroot... run visionary program then EasyS-OFF_02 copy this file to sdcard enter bootloader http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6C50CO0B

I've also tried with Visionary permroot and S-OFF, same result, after downloading and accepting to install the update, the phone reboots and stops

/Henrik

Guest julians

Is this update worth installing? Any noticable improvement in any areas?

I've read on xda devs about wifi not working properley after installing this, can anyone confirm whether this is a problem or not. There so much stuff on xda devs that you get lost with whether something is working or not.

Guest Henrik Schack
watch the programs he uses, he uses visionary and easys off or in his video it was an earlier version called easyroot... run visionary program then EasyS-OFF_02 copy this file to sdcard enter bootloader http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6C50CO0B

Thanks a lot, I finally managed to get it working, as mentioned I'm a total newbie :-) But I found the steps on how to install PD98IMG.zip on the xda-developer forum.

Finally I followed these steps (also found on the xda-developer forum) in order to get root

--cut--

also if you wanting root you need to download here http://rapidshare.com/files/438729922/gfree_root.zip

unzip to the root of sdcard

then put phone in to clockwork recovery,plug usb in and go to mounts and storage

mount system and mount sdcard(should both read unmount )

then type

adb shell (# will appear)

cp /sdcard/superuser.apk /system/app/

cp /sdcard/su /system/xbin/

chmod 06555 /system/xbin/su

unmount system and sdcard

reboot

--cut--

Everything seems to be working now, Titanium backup / MyBackup Pro etc can get root.

However If I try to run the "Superuser Permissions" app it force closes with the message :

"The application Superuser Permissions (process com.noshufou.android.se) has stopped ......

Any hints on how to fix that ?

I tried clearing the data for the app, but that doesn't help.

/Henrik

Guest Henrik Schack
Install the latest superuser app from the market

Can't the replace the one I allready installed, should I simply use ADB to remove it before I try to install from Market ?

/Henrik

Can't the replace the one I allready installed, should I simply use ADB to remove it before I try to install from Market ?

/Henrik

Try this:

adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/Superuser.apk

adb shell pm uninstall com.noshufou.android.su

Then download and install the new version again, worked for me before.

More details at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=682828

Edited by niker

Guest Henrik Schack
Try this:

adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/Superuser.apk

adb shell pm uninstall com.noshufou.android.su

Then download and install the new version again, worked for me before.

More details at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=682828

I tried that as well.

The Superuser app works fine.

But every time another app needs root, com.noshufou.android.su force closes.

/Henrik

Guest firsthippy
Thanks a lot, I finally managed to get it working, as mentioned I'm a total newbie :-) But I found the steps on how to install PD98IMG.zip on the xda-developer forum.

Finally I followed these steps (also found on the xda-developer forum) in order to get root

--cut--

also if you wanting root you need to download here http://rapidshare.com/files/438729922/gfree_root.zip

unzip to the root of sdcard

then put phone in to clockwork recovery,plug usb in and go to mounts and storage

mount system and mount sdcard(should both read unmount )

then type

adb shell (# will appear)

cp /sdcard/superuser.apk /system/app/

cp /sdcard/su /system/xbin/

chmod 06555 /system/xbin/su

unmount system and sdcard

reboot

--cut--

Everything seems to be working now, Titanium backup / MyBackup Pro etc can get root.

However If I try to run the "Superuser Permissions" app it force closes with the message :

"The application Superuser Permissions (process com.noshufou.android.se) has stopped ......

Any hints on how to fix that ?

I tried clearing the data for the app, but that doesn't help.

/Henrik

Hi Henrik,

Did you get root on the DHD using this method with the latest OTA already installed? eg. 1.72.xx?

Or, did you have an old version of the system software?

Thanks!

EDIT: Ah, I see, you need to have Clockwork Recovery already installed. Nevermind.

Edited by firsthippy