Sign in to follow this  
bembelembe

Lost contact pics in sms messages [SOLVED]

Hello.

I need help. I have custom ROM on my Desire, downloaded from MoDaCo (2.09.405.8-update-bravo-stock-rooted-busybox-withradio-signed).

Couple days ago, from various reasons I choose to fix permissions in Clockwork ROM Manager. After that I lost contact pictures in SMS messages, they are generic grey silhouettes now. Since I haven't made backup with Titanium Backup (only with Android Manager WiFi which cannot send ONLY messages from PC bakcup back to phone).. and my Clockwork backup is two weeks old - I'm bit stuck.

So is there maybe a way to "resync" those contact pictures in messages without restoring from backup?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by bembelembe

Try the following in a terminal window (this changes the permissions on the contacts folder):

su

chmod 666 /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/files/*

Hello.

I need help. I have custom ROM on my Desire, downloaded from MoDaCo (2.09.405.8-update-bravo-stock-rooted-busybox-withradio-signed).

Couple days ago, from various reasons I choose to fix permissions in Clockwork ROM Manager. After that I lost contact pictures in SMS messages, they are generic grey silhouettes now. Since I haven't made backup with Titanium Backup (only with Android Manager WiFi which cannot send ONLY messages from PC bakcup back to phone).. and my Clockwork backup is two weeks old - I'm bit stuck.

So is there maybe a way to "resync" those contact pictures in messages without restoring from backup?

Thanks in advance.

Fantastic!!

That + reboot did it!

Thank you sooo much!!!!!

Try the following in a terminal window (this changes the permissions on the contacts folder):

su

chmod 666 /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/files/*