Screen calibration app(from ux100), works on Vega

Guest Redmirage

Guest sgruffalo

Also just installed this, and mine seems better. Great find, thanks.

By the way, did anyone else notice the spelling of the warning whilst it recalibrated?

By the way, did anyone else notice the spelling of the warning whilst it recalibrated?

Excellent. Now works how it should have out of the box

Guest PurpleRob

Just installed

I thought that my vega was ok before but this has seemed to have sorted out a few of the small niggles that I was experiencing.

Great find

Guest zzleezz

Yes the spelling did make me chuckle ;)

Guest rpmccormick

This saved me. My screen worked perfect for over a month, and then it just started clicking twice per-touch, one where you clicked and another on the right edge of where you clicked (so in landscape keyboard, the right most key of which ever row you clicked would also be clicked right after) plus back did the same as menu, so that corner was all messed up. I installed this, ran it, and now my touch screen is 100% perfect again.

Thanks!

I hope I don't have to keep recalibrating once a month though.

Guest bearded1

seems to be working alot better for me as well! maybe this could go into the next update and autostart on fist boot after install? if thats even possible?

Guest zzleezz

Redmirage. Any chance you could change the title of this topic to something like "Screen calibration app, works on Vega - fixes some screen problems"?

Think more people would benefit from it that way.

Thanks again for this great find.

I concur much improved even with the defective power supply only double spaces now while charging (as this post shows)

Edit: sttill havin problems will maybe try gettinng pcwworld to repplace psu for one fit for purpose

Edited by jimorg

Guest 2old2mould

Being British, naturally I am usually quite restrained so all I can say about this app is...

OH MY GOD THIS IS ABSA-FRIKKIN-LUTELY AMAZING!

This is a quantum step forward in terms of the Vega's usability, brilliant!

Guest Yogimax
Being British, naturally I am usually quite restrained so all I can say about this app is...

OH MY GOD THIS IS ABSA-FRIKKIN-LUTELY AMAZING!

This is a quantum step forward in terms of the Vega's usability, brilliant!

Have to say - this has fixed most of my typing problems whilst charging....

Paul - please bring this into the performance pack!

Yogimax

Guest Touch Graphite

OK 2old2mould's response finally reeled me in.

Still hasnt fixed the now and again LP widget buttons when the widget is parked at the top of screen with the notification bar hidden.

When you show the notification bar, the buttons work perfectly.

I dont know if this a notification bar problem of the bar is pushing the widget down into a more sensitive area!?

Guest Redmirage
Redmirage. Any chance you could change the title of this topic to something like "Screen calibration app, works on Vega - fixes some screen problems"?

Think more people would benefit from it that way.

Thanks again for this great find.

I changed.

Thanks for your suggestion

Wow..

Since DSG failed to pick up my Vega, which was just going back due to a couple of very small deadspots and more annoyingly a lot of jitter around the 123 and space keys on a keyboard in Landscape, I'll give this a whirl, if it fixes it, I'll hang onto the unit I have (Better the devil you know!)

Has it helped with any tiny deadspots from those that have tried it, or is it just jitter it seems to help?

Guest zzleezz
Wow..

Since DSG failed to pick up my Vega, which was just going back due to a couple of very small deadspots and more annoyingly a lot of jitter around the 123 and space keys on a keyboard in Landscape, I'll give this a whirl, if it fixes it, I'll hang onto the unit I have (Better the devil you know!)

Has it helped with any tiny deadspots from those that have tried it, or is it just jitter it seems to help?

I had a really annoying dead spot half the width of the screen n the left hand side at the bottom that was about 5mm high. Could. Not click anything at the bottom of the screen on that side, was waiting for DSG to get some shop stock so I could exchange it. Ran the calibration app and its totally fixed it with the added bonus of making my screen over sensitivity problems go away.

I would be very surprised if it doesn't fix your problem. Good luck!

Guest timspoon

WOW!!!! I was ready to contact pc world to try and arrange a refund/exchange because of the dead spots in the corner. I tried this program twice and i didnt seem to work. Then i took the tablet out of the case gave the screen a good clean and it worked. THANKYOU FOR THIS TABLET SAVING PROGRAM.

Guest spacecadetuk

This has really made a difference in the use of my vega while its on charge, was virtually unusable at times while on charge now its fine, thanks for posting

Improvement here.

Was a little more excited when I stopped getting double key entries ... till I restarted. ;) Wonder if this needs to load on startup or something?

Guest s.morris

If any one is using LCD density changer remember to calabrate after changing the density, I seem to loose my browser selection indicater when i use density changer, but when i run the screen cal i get it back

Steve

Edited by s.morris