Screen calibration app(from ux100), works on Vega

Guest Redmirage

Guest extrememonkey
If any one is using LCD dencity changer remember to calabrate after changing the density

Steve

Also helps if you change launchers.... Was running Launcher Pro but switched to the toshiba launcher and needed to calibrate again....

Guest Schooleydoo
seems to be working alot better for me as well! maybe this could go into the next update and autostart on fist boot after install? if thats even possible?

Judging by the response on here, this app is something DSG should be including, or at least highly recommending. It would save them a fortune in returns.

Guest Sk1mble

Argh, it only took a few seconds for you guys?!

I started it up about 10 minutes ago and it's still going. =/

Any idea what I should do to ensure that anything I do to cancel the app doesn't mess up my calibration for good?

Edit: It finished as soon as I picked the device up to see what it was doing. Phew.

Edited by Sk1mble

Guest zzleezz

In the latest ux100 firmware posted elsewhere on the forums the screen calibration app has a nicer, cleaner and better spelt interface ;) Probably does exactly the same thing though...

Guest Sir Gash
In the latest ux100 firmware posted elsewhere on the forums the screen calibration app has a nicer, cleaner and better spelt interface :lol: Probably does exactly the same thing though...

Has anyone tried this new version and found a difference? Could you post the APK?

I'm not sure I want to 'upgrade' and miss the smile this puts on my face:

post-797044-1295902458_thumb.png

Oh well, I suppose I will for better touch screen sensitivity.

• 1 month later...
Guest MrPugwash

Hi all, i really hope this hasnt been asked and ive missed it but how do you install it?

I have downloaded it, i have used iexplorer to locate it, i click on it and it asks me if i want to overwrite a system file then says it wasnt installed.

I have a lot of trouble scrolling when there are things on the screen that can be clicked, like in the marketplace.

again i hope im not just repeating an already asked question

Darren

Guest rideht

Hi Regmirage

I have just received the new ux100(aka advent vega). And now I would like to setup r8 modaco rom for it.

this is really nice.

But I also think about backup the ux100 default os for further purpose. So I wonder whether it could be or not.

Please let me know if there is the way to do that, thx.

Guest MP2005
Hi all, i really hope this hasnt been asked and ive missed it but how do you install it?

I have downloaded it, i have used iexplorer to locate it, i click on it and it asks me if i want to overwrite a system file then says it wasnt installed.

Darren

Push...........i have the same problem :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest clive_j
Push...........i have the same problem :D

Same problem too error "Application not installed"

MCR for Advent Vega R8

EC version: 1.9.0

Kernel version: 2.6.32.9_MCK_r2_host

Any ideas?

CJ

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest BradCee

Quick question, is this the same Screen calibration that's in the R8 rom?

what he asked...? when running the adb-windows to install it i get a message saying data/local/tmp/moduleap.apk exists... checked via root explorer and nothing there...?

n00b necrobumping ftw

Guest smsmasters.co.uk

I somehow pressed FW Upgrade instead of calibrating the screen and now the touch screen won't respond. Any ideas how to fix this? I think I need to flash a recalibrated ROM.

Edited by smsmasters.co.uk

• 6 months later...