[RECOVERY] : ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest fattybacon

I've just successfully installed it, worked like a charm, thanks.

When I did a backup it said no .android_secure found and wasn't going to back up applications on the SD card. Is this only applicable to 2.2 roms that are using the native storing to SD features?

I'm still on an 2.1 ROM with A2SD and all my applications are on my EXT3 partition. Have they been backed up?

Guest whatsupduck

Hi,i am trying to install this rom using windows xp and am just wondering if i need to root my phone before to have superuser access thanks if i do need to can someone point me in the direction i need to go to get a guide thanks also how do i know if adb is working i got up to the stage of downloading the rom (r8) and i am hoping the drivers i installed will work. Noob here btw also if a use the clockwork method is it easy to change the rom again and how would i go about that as i haven't seen how to do it when quickly looking though would it just be though clock work and deleting the current rom and installing from sd card. One more thing can you place the zip file on your sd card so you don't have to push it over with adb(wondering if i need it) as pauls youtube video is not clockwork method so its confused me a little thanks

My recoverywork won't install any rom. I chose the .zip from sdcard, says installing and yadda yadda and returns back to main menu in a second. Am I doing something wrong here?

Guest mrg9999

Mine just sits at the waiting for recovery prompt.

I do get a device drive not successfully installed message.

It works fine when android is booted, ie can mount the card etc.

Guest Sebastian404
the 2nd revision is _ underscores instead of - hyphens like the first revision of 2.5.1.8

It seems uploading it here converted the file name, I've changed the instructions

Guest DasReich

do I need to uninstall my previous clockwork (2.5.0.9) or simply overwrite the old one?

another question is whether i should format my sd card entirely to use A2SD? what is the advantage of this ``ext3´´

Edited by DasReich

do I need to uninstall my previous clockwork (2.5.0.9) or simply overwrite the old one?

another question is whether i should format my sd card entirely to use A2SD? what is the advantage of this ``ext3´´

I would like to know this too.

Guest Afrodude

No - you can install "over the top" (you are overwriting the entire "recovery" anyway.

No. 512MB is plenty for A2SD. EXT3 adds journalling support amongst other features vs EXT2.

No - you can install "over the top" (you are overwriting the entire "recovery" anyway.

No. 512MB is plenty for A2SD. EXT3 adds journalling support amongst other features vs EXT2.

Thanks Afrodude.

Guest tcpaulh

Has the md5 changed to a2dde2e838f360f8e4525b7ae1f3ec1a ?

Edit:- downloaded again, now getting f9e1f49992cb86653ea53116ea66e4fd :-/

Edit2: third time lucky. Looks like I've got connection probs.

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest Johnny Washngo

Just wanted to say I flashed 2.5.1.8 to a new TFT white OSF yesterday and it worked a charm.

Used it to install the latest JJ and it worked fine.

Guest vareBlade
Is there a guide on how to do this. I can't find it. Currently on an older version of clockwork ans want to update it but not having any luck

Power on your phone while holding volume up key.

Go to fastboot and type: fastboot-windows flash recovery name-of-file.img

then when it finished flashing type : fastboot-windows reboot

Where name-of-file.img, is the file you want to flash (filename of clockworks 2.5.1.8)

Edited by vareBlade

Guest cartierv

I downloaded the zip because I found the img doesn't download properly.

Anyway inside the zip is the img. And this extra folder called META-INF isn't anything important right ? It's just the img I need to care about.

Edited by cartierv

Guest cartierv
I downloaded the zip because I found the img doesn't download properly.

Anyway inside the zip is the img. And this extra folder called META-INF isn't anything important right ? It's just the img I need to care about.

oh s***. Sorry I didn't read properly. The zip was for updating an old clockwork. But the problem is a lot of files don't download properly from this site.

I flashed it with the img from zip but not using the rest of the zip file. Is that bad ? Or will it work ?

edit: seems to work ok

Edited by cartierv

Guest Sebastian404
But the problem is a lot of files don't download properly from this site.

Your the only person to have that problem who has mentioned it to me... but that's what the MD5 is for

Guest Junior Bear
Power on your phone while holding volume up key.

Go to fastboot and type: fastboot-windows flash recovery name-of-file.img

then when it finished flashing type : fastboot-windows reboot

Where name-of-file.img, is the file you want to flash (filename of clockworks 2.5.1.8)

confused here, how do i get fastboot in cmd.exe :S

Guest Afrodude
heres what i get,

cmdzteblade.jpg

unless im being completely stupid i dont know what im doing wrong.

need a proper noob guide :D

Have you got "fastboot-windows" in that directory?

You have to make sure both fastboot and your recovery image are in the same folder and you are running cmd from that folder (find it via windows explorer and hold down shift and then right click "Open Command Prompt here" [or words to them effect]).

Edited by Afrodude

Guest Junior Bear

'fastboot reboot'

does not work in the same command window after ive pushed the new cwm to the device

lmao what am i doing wrong now!

EDIT: nevermind, i worked it out, every command must start with 'fastboot - windows (THEN command)'

Edited by Junior Bear

Guest cartierv
Your the only person to have that problem who has mentioned it to me... but that's what the MD5 is for

For some reason Safari, but I think FF or Camino as well possibly downloads imgs from this site as text. Mac native dmgs from other sites download just fine.

Maybe there's a MIME type setting I can fiddle with somewhere.