BladeUnlock - SIM Network Unlock (NCK) Code generator

Guest Arr Too

Guest Arr Too

As promised a while ago I've learnt how to make an Android app! This is pretty basic, but I think it covers the "security" worries that people have with giving out their IMEI to random web sites for free codes [odd that people feel happy when they are also giving out their money/eBay/address/bank details...!]. (Note: this is probably the most secure way of doing this that exists, since Android apps have to ask for permission to do stuff like use the internet or your SD storage, and this app only reads your phone state in order to get its IMEI -- it doesn't send or store any data anywhere, or access anything else.)

The app shows your IMEI and generates the NCK code, but it doesn't attempt to apply it, so you have to note it down and follow the normal routine of inserting a different SIM into a ROM that cares about these things. See here for more details, and a video from Paul! (Maybe the next version will be able to automate this a bit, but don't hold your breath.)

The "Reset Attempts (and Lock)" button will reset the phone's internal idea of how many unlock attempts you have back to the initial 5. It will also put it back in the state where it will prompt for the NCK code when you use a different provider's SIM. This may be useful for putting the phone back to (seemingly) the factory state, or for the reported occasions where interactions with Orange [unblocking a phone?] have reset their end of the network lock [?not sure about this?].

HAPPY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL!!

BladeUnlock.zip

Edited by Arr Too

Over 50 downloads and only a single thank you?

Thanks a lot for this Arr Too, it's much appreciated by many - and a few of us will even go so far[!] as to thank you for your work.

Guest oh!dougal

My phone is already unlocked, but I can still say "Thank You" for an extraordinarily generous Christmas Present!

Have a very good Christmas yourself!

And, BTW, well done!

Guest Azurren
Over 50 downloads and only a single thank you?

Thanks a lot for this Arr Too, it's much appreciated by many - and a few of us will even go so far[!] as to thank you for your work.

To be a successful dev you need to look past physical thankyous and imagine smiling faces all around

Reminds me of the antisocial "Runescape" private server devs.. They are still frolicking around in the mud fighting over scraps while the more evolved "WoW" dev community have a thriving Civilisation V

My actual point is that the RS devs yell "OMG Leechers" and remove their code and download leaks just because no one says thankyou

Guest The Overmind

Oh well fisrt post over here, and I want it to be a positive one, so:

Thank You Arr Too!

Was about to waaste some cash when I found this post, saved me some money and worked perfectly. I am now a happy vodafone SF user.

Guest screwface

Don't need to unlock my phone however i salute you for the time and effort you have put into this, i have the upmost respect for people that put out free content.

Guest alevalli02
Whoops, double post. Sorry!

Sorry I'm new , sorry if is not correct to post here

I have read the older post and I have use a link for unlock the san francisco zte I have entered the number imei and put a number for network unlock like old instruction thats say ok unlock but now with any sim tre tim and orange too the phone say no service

If I try to found manualy the network say Newtwork is busy

Guest Arr Too
So everyone trusts the app isn't sending their IMEI over the internet ;)

:( You don't need to trust me! But you do need to trust that Google have secured the permissions stuff properly. The app only needs android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE, which is required for getting hold of the phone's IMEI. It doesn't use any internet connections (which would require android.permission.INTERNET) and it doesn't go near SD storage. It's probably about as basic as an app can get (and still do something useful!).

Thanks Arr Too! This is an excellent application - I'm much happier now I don't have to reveal my IMEI to anyone else.

I'm a newbie, and I needed to do a bit of searching around to find out how to install this application, so if there are any other idiots in the same position that I was, here's how I did it:

1. Switch off your phone, remove back cover and battery and take out the SD card.

2. Connect the SD card to your PC via a card reader.

3. Transfer the .apk to the SD card - I just dumped it in the root directory.

4. Put the SD card back in your phone and switch it on.

5. Press 'menu', select 'filer', scroll down to the BladeUnlock application and click on it.

6. Note down the NCK code which the application produces.

7. Turn the phone off and install a non-Orange SIM.

8. Switch the phone back on and when it asks for the unlock code, type it in and away you go.

I'm sure there are quicker ways of doing it that don't involve removing SD cards, but for now all I know is that this way worked for me.