just joined but see now I have a tft, is it worth it?

Guest JCUMMINS

Guest JCUMMINS

I've just joined as of today and have since found out, as it's all over this site, that my White San Francisco has a TFT Screen not an OLED screen.

I'm now thinking of selling it or should I keep it?

I'm not that technically minded but would you recommend me rooting it?

Also the first thing I saw as I logged in is this:

The Orange San Francisco Android phone is now available on PAYG from Orange for just £99!

Featuring Android 2.1, a 3.5 inch OLED screen and a host of features, the San Francisco (aka ZTE Blade) is seriously hot property. Head on over to the Orange Shop for more details!

Is this site stating there are still some available? If so where can I get one or can I go back to the orange shop an exchange it for a grey one?

I only picked it up yesterday.

Thanks for your thoughts and Merry Christmas

JC

Guest zurpher
I've just joined as of today and have since found out, as it's all over this site, that my White San Francisco has a TFT Screen not an OLED screen.

The Orange San Francisco Android phone is now available on PAYG from Orange for just £99!

Featuring Android 2.1, a 3.5 inch OLED screen and a host of features, the San Francisco (aka ZTE Blade) is seriously hot property. Head on over to the Orange Shop for more details!

Is this site stating there are still some available? If so where can I get one or can I go back to the orange shop an exchange it for a grey one?

JC

I read good things about TFT displays. Small writing - for example when reading an e-book - should be more crisp with a TFT display. The black is of course nicer on an OLED display.

I did notice that one cannot get OLED displays from any source with certainty anymore - except eBay probably.

Guest goonerzak

JC

Both screens have their pros/cons. If you are not tech-minded it shouldn't bother you too much. OLED has deeper blacks and a warmer colour tone, but TFT has crisper text (and is better in sunlight I believe)..