[ROM] 31/Dec r0.3: de-softened ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest beebaakid
The H is for HSDPA which is synonym to 3G+. This APN Stuff seems to be a real problem on Jellyfish and Sebastian404's Froyo with T-Mobile UK SIMs. Here is a thread about it. Sebastian, help?

Given up gone back to sebs r8 2.1, cracked open a Birra Moretti, and put on some Smashing Pumpkins.

Guest Sebastian404
loaded up the rom with the new kernel, Im on t-mobile, the internet is not working I get a H symbol where I used to get a 3g+ symbol, I have deleted the APN supplied and manually added a new one from t-mobile site, anything else to try cheers?

When you lock the screen what does your carrier name at the top right?

Guest beebaakid
When you lock the screen what does your carrier name at the top right?

T-Mobile UK(sorry gone back to your 2.1), on my 6th birra moretti keep up the good work.

Edited by beebaakid

Guest droweed

ive tried and it works great, its really fast for me, and the battery is not draining fast, i have majoy problems though, i dont know if your having these issues..

1. my titanium backup doesnt show system apps, even though if checked it in filters, therefore i cant remove some apps that i dont like..

2. es file explorer fc's when i enable root access and mounting system as r/w.

Guest jasonXXx

Hmm does the proximity sensor work using r03 with the new kernel im using a uk osf i cant seem to get it working but im sure it worked with the old kernel.

Guest That-Guy
5MP camera works with Jelly's new kernel. Does it work here also?

Yes look in the first post, there is an update .zip you flash to the phone after you flash the rom. That should sort the camera :D

Hi Seb, great work!

Does this ROM have HW Acceleration enabled by default using the kernel update?

No it does not, but you can easily do this yourself. Personally I leave it off to preserve battery, I have never seen a great deal of performance increase when enabling HW Acceleration.

Guest That-Guy
Hmm does the proximity sensor work using r03 with the new kernel im using a uk osf i cant seem to get it working but im sure it worked with the old kernel.

Working fine for me :D

Guest leetron1

Native gallery app seems to need to reload from sd card each time I access it..much slower than on 2.1...does it cache images differently?

Not a deal breaker..love the ROM...just a bit non plused!

Edited by leetron1

Guest sorrowuk

Whats this : "unregistered ro.build.fingerprint " stuff about in the known issues.

Does the Japanese Jellyfish RLS5 etc have this same problem ?

Guest Arr Too
Whats this : "unregistered ro.build.fingerprint " stuff about in the known issues.

See here. The availability of apps can also change over time -- for example, the stock Orange San Francisco didn't get Angry Birds for a long time.

Guest sorrowuk

Using r0.3_update_de-softened_kernel_update_blade_signed.zip on the first page is this the new kernel build from source?

Also can I overclock this kernel using setcpu and does it have 50% AHB bus overclocking . I tried using this r0.3 with the Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS5_ahb_overclocked.zip kernel boot.img but it dosnt work. Stays on the green android guy at startup

Guest sorrowuk
See here. The availability of apps can also change over time -- for example, the stock Orange San Francisco didn't get Angry Birds for a long time.

Why not just change the fingerprint ?

Guest Sebastian404
Im sorra busy on another project right now, but I might have a 'possible' fox for people to try tomorrow...

I picked up a T-Mobile SIM, hopefully once I've sorted out my issues with RA-Recovery I'll have a fix...

Guest That-Guy
I picked up a T-Mobile SIM, hopefully once I've sorted out my issues with RA-Recovery I'll have a fix...

Thanks for the update :D

I am not on T-Mobile so don't have a problem, but I am sure you have pleased allot of T-Mobile users :P

Guest Sebastian404

OK, well I have a PAYG T-Mobile SIM.... topped it up with 5quid...

plugged it in using the standard stock build of de-softended.....

3g is working fine...

The guys who are having problems.. I assume your on Contract?

Edited by Sebastian404