Which phone will you probably buy after Liquid?

Guest Squide

As we all know that,

our Liquid is one of the best android phone to buy in respect of money you paid and what you get.

for more than one year.. from donut to froyo.. it's just keep satifying me!

not much android phone on the market could do that..

and I could hardly find another phone worth for an upgrade.

Nexus S surely isn't my cup of tea after reviewing its disappointing spec.

Mean while there's a dual core android from LG catches my focus, Optimus 2x.

malezrecovery would be the most important thing that I miss... if i got a new phone..

Nandroid backup is too important for me.. :(

Guest HustlinDaily

As of right now, I see no real reason to "upgrade." There is nothing on the market that really blows away the Liquid (it still is powerful enough to perform all tasks which I need to perform).

I am waiting for HTC to release a dual-core device. Honestly, I was expecting to purchase a new phone around this time of the year but given how disappointing recent releases have been, I might just hold onto my Liquid for another 6 months or so.

Guest koudelka

I am waiting for honeycomb, then I will be looking for a new device. More ram and bigger screen is something I will look for :( I hope to see more 4'3" devices ;) and hopefully by honeycomb we will see devices with 1gb ram

yea dont see the need to update till honeycomb.

From what i have seen on roggins Gingerbread release, it seems to run very smoothly on the liquid.

Cant ask for much more from a phone ungraded from 1.6 -> 2.3

True. No need to upgrade until we have those dual core tegra devices running honeycomb. Only then would I consider buying a new phone. And even when I do buy a new phone, I would still keep my liquid as a second phone.

Guest akira.pwr

I'd like to buy a Metal, but, until now, Vache (or any other dev) didn't share any of his works here, after a veeeery nice experience with Liquid A, I want to be sure to have possibility to play with it, today I can buy a Metal from an user, but I'm worried about devs community, no sign of life....

Guest Harness

How much for said Liquid Metal?

For a low userbase phone, it'll take awhile to pick up. First written scripts need a lot of debugging and fixing before mass release aswell.

Harness.

Guest akira.pwr
How much for said Liquid Metal?

For a low userbase phone, it'll take awhile to pick up. First written scripts need a lot of debugging and fixing before mass release aswell.

Harness.

Yes, you're right, for me is more important the community behind a device than top performances, so, I hope I'm doing the right thing buying this Metal.

Guest Piter1225

I'm going to wait to CES (6th Jan 2011), see what will be presented, for now my choice would be LG Optimus 2X or Motorola Olympus (but moto sucks with locked bootloader).

Hope HTC will present sth outstanding.

Guest mik93250

I hesitate between liquid Métal/galaxy S/nexus one/nexus S because when nexus S will be out in France, price of nexus one will drope, liquid metal is'nt especialy expensive, galaxy S is a good phone but at this price I prefer buy the nexus S but those two are so expensive

Guest fear_factory84

I would like a device with hardware qwerty, better flash performance (hw acceleration?), and working multitouch... maybe desire z or milestone 2 when they will become cheap..

I wouldn't buy anything more expensive than 300$ (250€).....

Guest fantong

I would buy moto defy as my next device because the liquid screen is too weak, there is a black corner at the left-top side after I drop it from my desk about 1m.

I want a stock device.

Guest Liquidini

i already bought the htc desire.

i liked a lot the acer liquid but the lack of radio and flash for picture made me sell it

so i bought a 3-4 months old htc desire for 320 euro

i sold the liquid 240euro so with 80euro i made a good upgrade

Guest simoneser

FYI Vache ported AmonRA recovery to Liquid Metal that is able to do Nandroids and Apps2SD, and an outstanding 1,5GHZ OC :(

Edited by simoneser

Guest thenext1

I've been one of the first who got the Liquid in december 2009 and I still have it and am still happy with it.

For the next phone I'm aiming to a platform change, so no Metals, Streams or any other qualcomm 825x-based phone. I'm waiting for the Optimus 2x in january, and see if in April I'll be able to afford it.

So my liquid will have to live another 5 months for sure. This is a record, I have to acknowledge it, since my average cellphone duration has been 4 to 6 months, with a record-low just before the liquid (an htc hero i resold after 1 month).

Kudos to Acer for making this wonderful phone.

Guest clemsaklumpen

I would like to have a mix of the tegra platform or better with the durability of the defy and either an good community or a nexus when it comes to software

until that comes the liquid will do fine i never bin more satisfied with a phone than the liquid and the next one has to be two steps better on pretty much everything...