[How To] Update your GT540 from 1.6 (Donut) to 2.1 (Eclair)

Guest JackG

WARNING

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR DEVICE IS DAMAGED DURING THE PROCESS. If something does go wrong, I will try my best to help, but don't blame me if it happens. You have been warned.

Step 1:

Backup all personal data and contacts to your SIM + SDCard. Everything on the phone's internal memory will be erased.

Step 2:

Head over to LG's Website and grab the "Mobile Update Tool"

Install it and you should come to a window that looks like this:

updateb.png

Step 3:

NOTE: Make sure your phone is unplugged at this point.

Click "Install USB Driver" and select your phone model (In this case, the GT540 Driver) Go through the steps of installing the driver, also a zip file will open, install the .exe that is in that, close it, and another zip window will pop up, install the .exe from that folder too (Yes, the one that says Windows Mobile, It also includes the Android driver).

Step 4:

Return to the Updater screen, and plug in your device. Windows will install the drivers, and then the software should detect your phone.

If it is not, On your device, go into the Settings app then select "SDCard and Phone Storage" and uncheck the box that says "Mass storage only." At this point, Windows may install more drivers but then your phone should be detected by the software.

Step 5

Click the purple "Start Updating" button, then the software will analyse your computer and your phone. Then it will download the appropriate firmware for your device. Once this is done, your phone will reboot, then it will enter download mode, then your firmware will be uploaded to the device, then the device will reboot, and it will enter download mode once again and then reboot for the last time. The whole process should take about 10 minutes.

Step 6:

Restore all of your data and then that is it! Your device will be running 2.1!

Any problems or questions?

Just ask below!

Guest Pluton15
WARNING

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE.....

We all knew this soft and method but there is some phones like Tele2 Croatia that does not yet support Optimus on Android 2.1.

Then if you connect that Optimus with this sw it will says that my phone has already newest software (in this case android 1.6)

That is why we use KDZ FW UPD tool and beacuse with KDZ FW UPD we can change many other version's of software like Europe Open, Baltic, United Kingdom...

Guest despotovski01
WARNING

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR DEVICE IS DAMAGED DURING THE PROCESS. If something does go wrong, I will try my best to help, but don't blame me if it happens. You have been warned.

Step 1:

Backup all personal data and contacts to your SIM + SDCard. Everything on the phone's internal memory will be erased.

Step 2:

Head over to LG's Website and grab the "Mobile Update Tool"

Install it and you should come to a window that looks like this:

updateb.png

Step 3:

NOTE: Make sure your phone is unplugged at this point.

Click "Install USB Driver" and select your phone model (In this case, the GT540 Driver) Go through the steps of installing the driver, also a zip file will open, install the .exe that is in that, close it, and another zip window will pop up, install the .exe from that folder too (Yes, the one that says Windows Mobile, It also includes the Android driver).

Step 4:

Return to the Updater screen, and plug in your device. Windows will install the drivers, and then the software should detect your phone.

If it is not, On your device, go into the Settings app then select "SDCard and Phone Storage" and uncheck the box that says "Mass storage only." At this point, Windows may install more drivers but then your phone should be detected by the software.

Step 5

Click the purple "Start Updating" button, then the software will analyse your computer and your phone. Then it will download the appropriate firmware for your device. Once this is done, your phone will reboot, then it will enter download mode, then your firmware will be uploaded to the device, then the device will reboot, and it will enter download mode once again and then reboot for the last time. The whole process should take about 10 minutes.

Step 6:

Restore all of your data and then that is it! Your device will be running 2.1!

Any problems or questions?

Just ask below!

I've used KDZ updater. This method once bricked my phone. But, I fixed it with KDZ updater. In my opinion, KDZ updater is much better and safer than LG mobile update tool.