[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe

About RELEASE

This is a custom ROM based on the Japanese Softbank 003Z ROM.

IMPORTANT! Everyone must wipe data/cache when updating from RLS7 or erlier. Even if you tried RLS7.5 (sorry but I signed some more stuff after RLS7.5 so a wipe is needed)

When updating to RLS9 from RLS8 a full wipe is not needed but you must wipe data from the three Contacts related apps and resync your contacts. If unsure, do a full wipe.

Downloads

• Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9.zip (for normal Clockwork install) (118.6Mb system) MD5: 1698CF7AF9D130B02DDC471D089751D8
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_image.zip (for repartitioning and install) MD5: DA8282015E345AE01D5EE50AAD82A5B3
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_ahb_overclocked.zip (50% AHB bus overclocking at speeds above 600MHz addon) MD5: E7085706514C4237F2BEA3BD3B3E26D0
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_hw_ui.zip (Addon to enable hardware accellerated UI) MD5: F65302426A12077CDFB5C389B3BF1358
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_circle_battery.zip (Addon to enable circle battery indicator) MD5: 5C83B00A26F1DA4D1F0E42F7BAF40FBE
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS8_deskclock.zip (Addon to replace Alarm Clock with Desk Clock) MD5: FBBEB626B5E06D7EEF2097844C6525FB
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS8_blueish_kbd.zip (Addon to change orange to blue on G-bread kbd) MD5:27B4C271657B42C0A52B10FDF4611979
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_smartdialer_addon.zip (Restore Smart Dialer and RLS7 version of Contacts) MD5: 9FCB24D6DDE54527D15CE6C06DBF1D94
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_group_contacts.zip (Restore RLS8 cersion of Contacts and ContactsProvider) MD5:324174EFD7F5CFCDC969D7EAEA8C5835
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_rds_radio.zip (RDS capable kernel and Andorkos FMRadio 0.6) MD5:F0B72DCB0742414AE957F92B1578690C
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_rds_radio_ahb.zip (RDS capable kernel (ahb overclocked version) and Andorkos FMRadio 0.6) MD5:D6FFF8ABCF04FEC2C589AEDEB3F9F7FB

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Installation
    Use Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.9 or 2.5.1.3 or 2.5.1.8 to install the ROM and addons. Remember to Wipe data/cache when installing the ROM. No wipe, no whine...

It also works to use the RA_Recovery as an alternative to Clockwork.

LCD and/or Apps2SD user may want to try this Clockwork version where I replaced the kernel with my custom kernel so it supports EXT3 and the new displays: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1501261

Changing system partition size to 128Mb and data to 286Mb(FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY ON THEIR OWN RISK!)
    • Download the image version of the ROM and extract the "image" folder to the the SD-card.
    • Power off the phone and when powering on hold Menu and Volume-up
    • When some green text shows up saying it's installing a bunch of .mbn and .img files you may release the buttons and wait for it to reboot. (NOTE: I tried this on a TFT Blade and no green text was shown, just a black screen but after a while it rebooted and everything had worked like it was supposed to. Not sure if it was a coincidence or if TFT Blades doesn't show the green text)

Don't forget to rename or remove the "image" folder on the SD-card when you are done so that you do not reinstall your phone by mistake later on. Sometimes it enters the "image" install when you try to boot into bootloader mode if the image folder still exists on the card.

Go back to standard partition sizes
      Repeat the above but with this "image" folder: http://www.mediafire.com/?xtckadj09b7sxt2 MD5: C8010D841AF463F3CB1FDEDFFAFA3B1E. After this you will have Clockwork Recovery as both boot and recovery image so you'll need to put a ROM on your SD-card and install.

RDS Radio update - 2011-02-24
      • New kernel with Andorko's RDS modifications.
      • Andorko's FMRadio version 0.6. More info here: http://andorko.hu/android/
      • If you feel this update to JJ is worth a donation then please send them to Andorko, the RDS thing is his work: http://andorko.hu/android/

RLS9 -2011-01-24
        • Compiled 2.2 versions of Contacts and ContactsProvider from AOSP source. Fixes join/split of contacts but you'll lose group support and the ZTE dialer codes. Use addon if you prefer the old versions.
        • Changed automatic brightness to go as dark as the Chinese 2.2 build.
        • Fixed charging LED to work like in 2.1 builds.
        • Added IPv6 privacy options to /system/bin/userinit.sh. Edit userinit.sh if you for some reason do not want this.
        • Added examples on how to set min and max frequency in userinit.sh (for advanced users).
        • Replaced Mms.apk and SpareParts.apk with versions I compiled from AOSP source. (propably no difference at all)
        • Fixed the original FM Radio problem in kernel and re-added the original ZTE FM Radio app (unmodified version).
          • Added VoiceSearch as it is not available in Market for some.
          • Added CIFS support to kernel.
          • Added a non-renamed Gingerbread keyboard (stolen from a Nexus AOSP build) so it's now called "AndroidKeyboard".
          • Signed everthing connected to framework-res.apk, Contacts.apk and Mms.apk with AOSP platform certs. This makes life eaiser for themers.
          • Enabled standard Dialer in Contacts.
          • Removed SmartDialer.apk.
          • Updated Mms.apk with the version from the now released Chinese V880 ROM (previously used Mms.apk from leaked V880 ROM).
          • Disabled AGPS by default. Not sure it makes a difference to turn it on and it seems to provoke some "Connection cannot be made" if enabled.
          • SmartDialer and RLS7 version of Contacts.apk (without dialer) as an addon.
          • Blue-ish Gingerbread keyboard as addon (using a selected part of modifications found here.
          • Updated RA recovery.img in "image" install (TPT) to Sebastian404s latest version.
            • Facebook sync fixed
              • gps.conf back to pre-RLS6 version
              • resolv.conf removed (don't think it was used anyway and have only seen it in CM releases)
              • VPN menus enabled in Settings.
              • Automatic time setting enabled in Settings.
              • Signal indicators fixed (using same levels as in ZTE 2.1 ROMs)
              • Original Alarm clock back (has more options) but can be replaced with Desk Clock through addon if DeskClock is preferred.
              • Stock Filer app back as it can be good to have a simple file manager in place.
              • Removed lots of lib connected to the iwnnime (japanese IME) that was removed erlier. (Size of system is now below 120Mb)
              • Changed HH.MM time display to HH:MM in Danish, Norwegian and Finnish language files.
              • Added more PPP options in kernel (for VPN).
              • Circle battery indicator is no longer the default but can be added as an addon.
              • Added Sebastians RA recovery (with CM colors) to the "image" install as it supports EXT4 and also the addons needs a recovery image.
              • I'm sorry but it is NOT resigned with test keys as I promised it would be. I'm afraid resigning everything with testkeys can lead to problems when updates to "stock" apps like Gmail and Market arrives. This needs to be investigated further before testsigning the release.
                • Fixed gps.conf
                • RIL libs for Saunalahti users to stop it from appearing to be roaming when it's not.

• Added Gmail back as it seems to missing in Market for some people.
                  • Replaced AlarmClock.apk with DeskClock.apk.
                  • Added resolv.conf with Googles public DNS-servers.
                  • Added Googles SUPL host in gps.conf.
                  • Disabled hardware GUI as eat seems to eat battery (enable with addon if you want it)
                  • Changed wifi scan interval from 15 to 180 seconds (saves battery).
                  • Updated apns-conf.xml with some changes found in CM 6.1.
                  • Enabled EXT4 and PPP in kernel and changed kernel to use LZMA compressed initrd.
                  • Removed the built in Japanese voicemail numbers.
                  • Removed recovery.img from "image" install so that it doesn't overwrite any previously installed recovery images.
                  • Removed the hacked "stock" FM Radio and updated Andorko's version to 0.5.
                  • RLS5

[*]No more bloating, only one super-slimmed version that fits on 128Mb system partition (more info and instructions will come later)

[*]New kernel with overclocking support (Use SetCPU)

[*]Added swap and compcache support.

[*]Compiled and added tun.ko for the new kernel.

[*]Re-added Google Search box.

[*]Replaced MMS app with version from the chinese leaked ROM which supports adding multiple recipients.

[*]Replaced libril-qc-1.so and libcm.so with versions from the Swedish Comviq ROM (previously used versions from the Finnish Saunlahti ROM).

(Saunalahti users should use the attached update so that it doens't look like it's roaming)

RLS4

[*]Now also works without SIM cards (thanks to MDCFan)

[*]No bootlogo, keeps Splash screen until bootanimation starts. Saves space in ramdisk and splash is rather easy to replace yourself compared to replacing the bootlogo.

[*]Removed Nexus bootanimation and uses the default Android flashing logo.

[*]Added ADW Launcher

[*]Added Emulator ROMs

[*]Added VM Heap tool (and changed VM Heap size back to the default 24Mb as you can now easily change it yourselves)

[*]Turned off Stagefright. Stagefright are a new set of media decoders in 2.2 but they are broken in our release which is why it doubles the Quadrant Scores. It doesn't make the phone faster, just the benchmarks and it's just a illusion.

[*]Changed default wallpaper.

[*]Made a super-slim lite version that fits well within a 128Mb system partition (see "Partition layout change" thread and this post for more info.)

RLS3b

[*]Removed libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so as suggested by Flibb to get rid of the random mp3 playing issues.

[*]Put the new Settings.apk and SettingsProvider.apk into the right place so this time Tethering and Assisted GPS controls should be there.

RLS3

[*](native)Wifi Hotspot

[*]USB tethering (mobile data or Wifi)

[*]Enabled AGPS and the checkbox to control it.

[*]Replaced Home Switcher with Froyo version

[*]Included both working Radio apps (thanks to MDCFan and Andorko

[*]Jellyfish got missing after a tragic misunderstanding at a sushi bar and have been replaced with green android and nexus bootanimation.

[*]Updated Linpack to latest version.

IMPORTANT! The themes likely needs to be updated to support RLS3 or they will disable Wifi hotspot and usb tethering through wifi. Usb tethering over through mobile data should still work though.Frankish! The file that is chaned in framework-res.apk is res/values/arrays.xml. You can propably just get the whole resources.rsc from my framework-res.apk and put it into your framework-res.apk files. Just remeber to NOT use compression on the resources.rsc. Use WinRAR and choose "Store" when you add it.

RLS2

[*]The USIM error on unlocked phones is now gone (thansk to MDCFan)

[*]The Japanese extra call dialogue that some people experienced is gone.

[*]Circle battery indicator

[*]Removed APNDroid as it is obsolete with the new Power control widget.

[*]Updated Titanium Backup

[*]Removed the CKPD-daemon

[*]Added Spare Parts

RLS1

[*]Cleaned ROM from branding, custom contacts, bookmarks etc...

[*]Added most of the extra stuff from Finnish Fillyjonk (Launcher Pro etc...)

[*]Upgraded several Google apps and Market.

[*]Unlocked all languages

[*]Added Gingerbread Keyboard and made it the default IME.

[*]Added Wifi tethering app as this kernel, as opposed to the 2.1 kernel, seems to have the needed netfilter stuff enabled.

[*]Enabled hardware GUI accelleration, stagefright etc...

Known issues

[*]Sometimes when an app request root permissions it just "hangs". Resolved by restarting phone or just kill all tasks with a Task killer.

[*]Some phone companies "borrows" other companies networks and will show as roaming when it didn't with the stock ROM. In this case you need to replace libcm.so and libril-qc-1.so with the versions from your stock 2.1 ROM. Updates attached for Saunalahti and Yesss.

saunalahti_ril.zip

yesss_v2.zip

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest Phoenix Silver
About RELEASE

This is a custom ROM based on the Japanese Softbank 003Z ROM but as with all the other Froyo ports so far it uses the old beta kernel.

Download

Get it here: Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS1.zip

50% AHB bus overclocking at 480 & 600MHz addon: Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS1_ahb_overclocked.zip

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Installation

Use Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.9 or 2.5.1.3 to install the ROM and addons. Remember to Wipe data/cache when installing the ROM. No wipe, no whine...

LCD and/or Apps2SD user may want to try this Clockwork version where I replaced the kernel with my custom kernel so it supports EXT3 and the new displays: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1501261

RLS1

• Cleaned ROM from branding, custom contacts, bookmarks etc...
  • Added most of the extra stuff from Finnish Fillyjonk (Launcher Pro etc...)
  • Upgraded several Google apps and Market.
  • Unlocked all languages
  • Added Gingerbread Keyboard and made it the default IME.
  • Added Wifi tethering app as this kernel, as opposed to the 2.1 kernel, seems to have the needed netfilter stuff enabled.

• If you get a USIM error it may work to install an "locked" Eclair ROM and unlock your phone.
    • To use the FM Radio, press Menu and "Band select" to select your frequency area as it defaults to Japanese frequencies. Also play an empty mp3 in the music player to stop the sound from being turned off.

can i install just the AHB bus overclocking alone ?

i'm using Paul's alpha 4 rom

Guest kallt_kaffe
can i install just the AHB bus overclocking alone ?

i'm using Paul's alpha 4 rom

No, but with a boot.img kitchen/toolkit you could extract the kernel and create an overclocked boot.img for Pauls ROM.

Guest admanirv
froyo has the VGA option...

No it doesnt on the blade with pauls R4 ROM, have a look only CIF can be selected.

If it isnt enabled, is there a way to alter a file to enable this? or would it cause it to crash?

Edited by admanirv

Guest PeaNut_HU
No it doesnt on the blade with pauls R4 ROM, have a look only CIF can be selected.

If it isnt enabled, is there a way to alter a file to enable this? or would it cause it to crash?

This release by Sebastian404 has working Camera with VGA resolution, tested and works fine.

Download it here if you are interested: http://www.wuala.com/peanut_hu/OSF_Blade/R...lade_signed.zip

Or from here: http://hotfile.com/dl/92177617/f039900/r0....signed.zip.html

Guest dadashi

Oh, thanks. I thought all Froyos had it...

I tried FLB's Froyo a while back and that had VGA support and better camery app with noticably better pictures...I had some issues with the Froyo so I went back to modaco/eclair untill a "reliable" version is released..

Guest Phoenix Silver
No, but with a boot.img kitchen/toolkit you could extract the kernel and create an overclocked boot.img for Pauls ROM.

wouachhhh :( it's beyond my knowledge

but i can try hehe

could you give me the principal steps ?

where do i download the kitchen / toolkit ?

Edited by Phoenix Silver

Guest admanirv

Hi, thanks for the link.

Can i not manually alter a file to enable it in paul r4 rom?, or is it kernel based or codec based and absent from pauls r4 rom?

Cheers

Guest kallt_kaffe
This release by Sebastian404 has working Camera with VGA resolution, tested and works fine.

Download it here if you are interested: http://www.wuala.com/peanut_hu/OSF_Blade/R...lade_signed.zip

Or from here: http://hotfile.com/dl/92177617/f039900/r0....signed.zip.html

Well, in that case it should work fine in my build too since they are both using the same base.

Guest admanirv
Oh, thanks. I thought all Froyos had it...

I tried FLB's Froyo a while back and that had VGA support and better camery app with noticably better pictures...I had some issues with the Froyo so I went back to modaco/eclair untill a "reliable" version is released..

No worries, anything with better quality is better than CIF :(

Guest PeaNut_HU
Testing it right now.

I tried to set language on hungarian (magyar), but it stays english.

In settings it shows that it's on hungarian.

The OS language won't change, you'll see that the clock and the date will be hungarian "standard", it's like the region setting in windows.

Also some apps, like google maps ui will be hungarian, but only apps that support multiple languages (and hungarian is included in them) will be hungarian, otherwise stays english.

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Guest Sebastian404
The OS language won't change, you'll see that the clock and the date will be hungarian "standard", it's like the region setting in windows.

Also some apps, like google maps ui will be hungarian, but only apps that support multiple languages (and hungarian is included in them) will be hungarian, otherwise stays english.

^^ This, I belive it is a 'feature' of android, that its not 100% localized yet.... if you want I'm sure Google would be interested in your contribution :(

Guest Sebastian404
[*]To use the FM Radio, press Menu and "Band select" to select your frequency area as it defaults to Japanese frequencies. Also play an empty mp3 in the music player to stop the sound from being turned off.

Well spotted with the band 'feature'...

Ive never played with the radio before someone asked about it last night... its quite dire little app... has noone looked into reverse engineering it?

Guest PeaNut_HU

Is there a difference beetween "AHB" overclocking or using for example SetCPU to overclock ? On the haret versions (used on WM devices) we could just pass a parameter to the kernel (zImage) with the wanted frequency. How does this method differ ?

Please enlighten me, thanks :(

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Guest deusum86

First of all thanks for your great work...

downloading right now and preparing to flash.. (back up etc.)

Maybe I'm outing myself as a noob but could you answer me what AHB Overclocking means? I googled it and found out its the Advanced High Perfomance Bus on ARM-Architecture...

Is this just the common way to overclock the cpu...? If the answer is a yes... I assume that SetCPU is necessary?

Thanks in advance for your reply!!!

EDIT: LOL two guys asking more or less the same within the same time...(post over me wasn't present when I started to type...)

Edited by deusum86

Guest markusj

I see. It's a bit strange since e.g. Finnish Fillyjonk was completely hungarian,

and there's no major change in the used language.

Guest StevenHarperUK

Hi kallt_kaffe

Could you please alter the thread title to stat with

[OLED+TFT]

Thanks

EDIT : Ok can it end with that :(

Edited by StevenHarperUK