[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest rayraven
Hmm, the workaround works only for a while.

If i pause music & play it again, mediaserver goes backup to 90%+

This is getting annoying.

Any ideas guys?

Okay, removing libOmxMp3Dec.so from /system/lib fixed it.

@kallt_kaffe,

Can you fix this in RLS2?

I backed up using 2.5.0.9 yesterday, installed Sebastian404's rom but didn't like it.

I restored my backup and it was fine.

I've since installed this rom and it seems to be running fine.

Only problem I had was battery life. I went out last night at 8.30 with 60% battery, no phone calls and sent only 1 text message.

I came home at 1am with about 6% battery, the phone didn't seem to sleep properly as I could wake it by pressing any button on the front.

It seems fine today, no idea why.

Guest shastar
Pardon me for my ignorance, but how do I apply the addon? Am I supposed to first flash the ROM, then reboot on recovery mode and flash the addon?

Yes....you can also applay the addon directly after flashing the rom, then reboot...

Edited by shastar

Guest dmxpowa
I nandroid (backed up) using recovery 2.5.1.8 and it backs up the ROM fine. Now when I restore, it restores fine but after reboot it goes in boot animation loop forever. Until I remove the battery and re-flash it with original rom and everything is fine again. Has any one recovered from their backup using recovery (and what is their version)?

i have flashed it with the zip kalt posted and boot animation repeates. its the 2nd try, but i cant figure out whats the problem.

Guest bicheichane

guys is overclocking the bus as dangerous as overclocking a cpu or are they in any way comparable? Or is overclocking the bus, at least for this case, completely safe?

And either dangerous or not, will it drain more battery?

Guest lagerstrom
i have flashed it with the zip kalt posted and boot animation repeates. its the 2nd try, but i cant figure out whats the problem.

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem ("powering up please wait" looping...)

An idea how to solve this anyone?

Guest shoobirdy

Been using this since it came out and while I'm not a fan of all the extra apps, they're easily solved and the rom itself is sweet as :(

I've noticed today that my text messages have been taking longer than usual to send (from the status saying "sending" to "sent"). I also sent one about 4 hours ago and it's still stuck on sending.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've had good signal and credit etc.

Guest dmxpowa
I'm experiencing exactly the same problem ("powering up please wait" looping...)

An idea how to solve this anyone?

i got it, so flash the rom then let it boot up after that reboot to clockwork and flash the overclock mod and it will boot fine afterwards. DO NOT flash the rom + oc mod in the same time.

I'm getting only 819 on Quadrant standard benchmark. Not even close to 1112 as shown in the first post. Is something wrong with my device?

did you flash the overclock file? if yes, close all applications that are not needed using the manage running services option in settings, turn your phone into aeroplane mode, and then do the quadrant test (you will need advanced version because it doesnt use the internet to fetch results), and you should get a much higher score, i got 1094 :(

imagine the quadrant scores (and performance cause its not all about scores lol) we will get once kalt_kaffe gets his hands on kernel source and can actually overclock the cpu! :(

btw, those having battery drain issues, you should look at setting up profiles under setcpu for when your screen is off (sleeping), i think oh!dougal posted some settings in the finnish fillyjonk thread, helps save battery when phone not in use

Guest liamdunn

Is their a reason why changing browser.apk makes it force close on me? i prefer it to load a web page zoomed out then doule tapping the screen zooms in and auto fits the text on screen whereas this one loads the page fully zoomed in but doesnt automatically fit it to the screen even with the option ticked, if you understand what im on about.

Cheers

Guest djanesch

Maybe this is a stupid question but I'm new to this ROM-universe and have one question because I want to change the color of the statusbar to black.

Is this ROM deodexed oder not? I think it is?! I have allready flashed the ZTE-Blade of my wife but like my phone (LG P500, also flashed and with black statusbar) I want to hava a black statusbar.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Maybe this is a stupid question but I'm new to this ROM-universe and have one question because I want to change the color of the statusbar to black.

Is this ROM deodexed oder not? I think it is?! I have allready flashed the ZTE-Blade of my wife but like my phone (LG P500, also flashed and with black statusbar) I want to hava a black statusbar.

It's deodexed so it can be themed but don't ask me how, I'm not very good at it.

It has a lot more netfilter options enabled than the Eclair kernel. I've attached the kernel config that is used in this release.

Did you see the config for the 003z that I asked for in the upload thread?

Guest Blues003

Damn, I have been trying out this ROM and so far I am loving it. I was using the customized bladevillain 2.1, and had tried modaco's alpha 3 and sebastien's 2.2 ROM, always returning to my previous 2.1 because I was not satisfied. Finally, I found a 2.2 ROM that I like and will keep for a while! :(