[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Len Ash
downgrade to clockwork 2.5.1.8

as jap jelly is an older rom, its not compatible with the newer clockwork

Just edit build.prop...

HW accel won't make any difference though.... one of the myths, perhaps.

Guest targetbsp
HW accel won't make any difference though.... one of the myths, perhaps.

It makes Leave Devil Alone run at a good speed. :D Doesn't seem to affect much else though.

Guest Len Ash
It affects 3D games.

Sounded like "general" use more than games...

Myths about "scrolling smoothness" and "adverse battery life" are often associated with HW Acceleration...

Guest phillai

I might be very late to this, but I just upgraded to Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 from a much earlier Jellyfish version and it is MUCH more stable and faster... Thank you very much!!

Guest Len Ash
Flashed to RLS9, and WiFi refused to connect to my router :-(.

Anyone else have this problem?

JJ9 has the best WiFi connectivity/reconnectivity of any ROM...!

IMHO and according to the CM7 poll running at the moment.

Hope you did the whole Wipe/Wipe thang....

Edited by Len Ash

"When updating to RLS9 from RLS8 a full wipe is not needed but you must wipe data from the three Contacts related apps and resync your contacts. If unsure, do a full wipe."

What are the three contacts related apps and how do you wipe the data from them?

Thanks

Guest mvheuver
"When updating to RLS9 from RLS8 a full wipe is not needed but you must wipe data from the three Contacts related apps and resync your contacts. If unsure, do a full wipe."

What are the three contacts related apps and how do you wipe the data from them?

Thanks

I didn't know this either until somebody answered it here (buried in the thread now)

Settings --> Applications --> Manage applications. Then go to the "All" tab and look under C. There are 3 apps to do with contacts. Go into each of them and "Clear data", and that's it.

Is this as good as modaco r12? or flb froyo g2?

Does it score higher in quadrant then those 2 roms?

Is it stable.

Sorry... I haven't tried Japanese Jellyfish yet, but I hear rumours that it's amazing, is it true?! xD lol.

And what does it score on quadrant standard.

JJ9 has the best WiFi connectivity/reconnectivity of any ROM...!

IMHO and according to the CM7 poll running at the moment.

Hope you did the whole Wipe/Wipe thang....

Did both wipes, and didn't have another JJ ROM on it before. It detected all the WiFi networks, but simply refused to connect.

Used Clockwork 3.0.0.6 to flash it, don't know if that would have made a difference, but it was only WiFi that wouldn't work, so presume it wasn't that.

Might try it again in the future, but now have 2.3 running on my SF.

Hey,

I downloaded and installed the standard version and the overclock but now my phone won't let me add a contact. Please Help!

i have the same problem

try flashing group contacts?

Guest SteliosGR

hello to all I am a new member and this is my first post.

I have encounter a strange problem the last days with my zte blade.

When I install applications from the market the applications are regularly downloaded but the installation process is sometimes frozen. After a restart in order to try to install again the app a strange phenomenon is occurred. The only active applications are the ones that have been installed in the memory of the phone. All the application that are saved in the sd are not active. However, the sd card is visible and functions normally. After 3-4 restarts the applications works again.

I don't know what to do, I am afraid of installing new applications...

Lots of posts on this if you search

I'll give you one tip that will help - clear the delvik cache.

You'll need to have clockwork mod installed I think to do this - there may be other ways but I'm not sure

Guest keencyclist

Just wondering I have just applied the Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS8_blueish_kbd update and now think the orange one stood out better. Is there an easy way to undo it or do you have to reflash the whole ROM. Thanks in advance.

Guest IronDoc
Just wondering I have just applied the Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS8_blueish_kbd update and now think the orange one stood out better. Is there an easy way to undo it or do you have to reflash the whole ROM. Thanks in advance.

Check what files that addon flashed and push the original ones back? If you didn't understand any of that, reflashing the ROM is easiest (no wipe needed).

Guest keencyclist
Check what files that addon flashed and push the original ones back? If you didn't understand any of that, reflashing the ROM is easiest (no wipe needed).

So if I do a reflash of the ROM without a wipe am I correct in saying none of my data will be lost. Cheers.

Guest SteliosGR
Lots of posts on this if you search

I'll give you one tip that will help - clear the delvik cache.

Could you please give some links of this posts because I can't find them?

(maybe I don't use the right search key words)

Why the huge quote? Jeez.... edit it FFS

xD Lol.

Lol seriously, what's it used for! I want to try out Jap Jelly, because I teried out nearly every other rom except this.

Edited by Tahsin

Guest Len Ash
xD Lol.

Lol seriously, what's it used for! I want to try out Jap Jelly, because I teried out nearly every other rom except this.

Kill the hideous quote and get taken seriously

Edited by Len Ash