[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Len Ash
At least part of whatever was quoted might be appropriate cause I have no idea what anyone is talking about. :D

Quite... seems to be "auto-flaming"

Don't get the question

Edited by Len Ash

hello to all I am a new member and this is my first post.

I have encounter a strange problem the last days with my zte blade.

When I install applications from the market the applications are regularly downloaded but the installation process is sometimes frozen. After a restart in order to try to install again the app a strange phenomenon is occurred. The only active applications are the ones that have been installed in the memory of the phone. All the application that are saved in the sd are not active. However, the sd card is visible and functions normally. After 3-4 restarts the applications works again.

I don't know what to do, I am afraid of installing new applications...

Try asking in the thread for that rom - someone there may be able to tell you quicker

never mind, I'll try and merge this into there

Edit moved: I don't use this rom but hopefully someone here can help you

I would suggest reading the 1st post and see if anything in there helps you

Guest Gibbo501

Another happy customer here.

Used ADB to install recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.6-blade.img, put the ZIP on the SD card and installed from Clockwork with no problems.

Guest SteliosGR
Another happy customer here.

Used ADB to install recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.6-blade.img, put the ZIP on the SD card and installed from Clockwork with no problems.

This response was for me??

Certainly not for you.

Stelios, I don't have your problem with the JabJelly. You could try to flash JJ9 again using the TPT method described in the first post. That should wipe anything and set everything back to "manufacturor's state" (and will increase your data partition as a bonus). And it will probably fix any issue related to the JabJelly ROM. Just give it a try. At least your contacts should be syncronized back from gmail after that.

Edited by _amano

Guest SteliosGR
You did try clearing cache from your recovery, right Stelios?

I tried to clean dalvik cache using the clockwork but due to strange messages like "E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (File exists)" I finally cleaned the dalvik cache 2-3 times using the titanium backup application. However, the problem remains...

Certainly not for you.

Stelios, I don't have your problem with the JabJelly. You could try to flash JJ9 again using the TPT method described in the first post. That should wipe anything and set everything back to "manufacturor's state" (and will increase your data partition as a bonus). And it will probably fix any issue related to the JabJelly ROM. Just give it a try. At least your contacts should be syncronized back from gmail after that.

Thank you, I 'll read the 1st post and I 'll try to do it. (I am new with android so I don't have too enough experience)

I hope that returning to manufacturor's state I won't lose all my applications.

Edited by SteliosGR

Guest SteliosGR
Certainly not for you.

I am sorry my friend but I can't find a "TPT method" described in the first post of this thread. What is a TPT method? A method to reinstal a rom on a device?

Is that method that I had used when I installed the JJ9 for first time in my device?

How can I keep my applications after installing a rom???

Edited by SteliosGR

Guest Pelemane
I am sorry my friend but I can't find a "TPT method" described in the first post of this thread. What is a TPT method? A method to reinstal a rom on a device?

Is that method that I had used when I installed the JJ9 for first time in my device?

How can I keep my applications after installing a rom???

From the first post:

• Download the image version of the ROM and extract the "image" folder to the the SD-card.
  • Power off the phone and when powering on hold Menu and Volume-up
  • When some green text shows up saying it's installing a bunch of .mbn and .img files you may release the buttons and wait for it to reboot. (NOTE: I tried this on a TFT Blade and no green text was shown, just a black screen but after a while it rebooted and everything had worked like it was supposed to. Not sure if it was a coincidence or if TFT Blades doesn't show the green text)

Backup your applications first with Titanium Backup. Then you can restore them after installing this.

Guest Nickman1200
Can we see any version of JJ which will keep from disconnecting WiFi when screen is off?

That is just a setting.

Go to Settings / Wireless & Networks / Wi-Fi Settings

Click the menu button (middle button below the screen) and choose Advanced from the popup.

Choose Wi-Fi sleep policy

Choose Never

Done.

Guest Len Ash
Can we see any version of JJ which will keep from disconnecting WiFi when screen is off?

Strangely, this is the ONLY ROM that works perfectly in this respect. For me. TFT or OLED.

Guest IronDoc

No it doesn't Lance, but it does reconnect upon wake better than most other ROMs. If you pinged it while asleep you'd get no response.

@Android.Fan: CM7 reportedly fixes the wifi issue, not sure if that was confirmed though.

Guest scoobydoo99

I'm having problems with my wifi reconnecting after waking the screen. It worked ok with the Blade wifi fix app when running Bladevillain.

The wifi was set to 'never sleep' but when the phone was asleep, it would disconnect and somehow disable the wifi. Only way to sort it is to manually reconnect.

I've now changed the wifi settings to 'disconnect when asleep' in case that helps - doesn't seem to. I've also checked my router and the SSID is set to broadcast.

Bit baffled now - and it's taking the edge of the otherwise excellent JJ9 rom.

Guest Len Ash
No it doesn't Lance, but it does reconnect upon wake better than most other ROMs. If you pinged it while asleep you'd get no response.

@Android.Fan: CM7 reportedly fixes the wifi issue, not sure if that was confirmed though.

Think you misunderstood - I set WiFi to sleep when screen off. So WiFi disables. But JJ9 ALWAYS reconnects when wakened. No other ROM does - MCR R12 MOSTLY does. CM7 NEVER does. FLB SOMETIMES does.

This (JJ9) also does when out of range for hours and then back in range (WiFi left on).

For my 2 Blades....

Edited by Len Ash

Guest scoobydoo99
I'm having problems with my wifi reconnecting after waking the screen. It worked ok with the Blade wifi fix app when running Bladevillain.

The wifi was set to 'never sleep' but when the phone was asleep, it would disconnect and somehow disable the wifi. Only way to sort it is to manually reconnect.

I've now changed the wifi settings to 'disconnect when asleep' in case that helps - doesn't seem to. I've also checked my router and the SSID is set to broadcast.

Bit baffled now - and it's taking the edge of the otherwise excellent JJ9 rom.

Aha, changing the wifi settings to 'disconnect when asleep' seems to have done it - had to switch the phone off and restart to get the setting to pick up properly - everything fine now :huh: