• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

4108 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi kallt_kaffe

Could you please alter the thread title to stat with

[OLED+TFT]

Thanks

right after I've edited mine to have that at the end :(

Posted (edited)

I see. It's a bit strange since e.g. Finnish Fillyjonk was completely hungarian,

and there's no major change in the used language.

Yes, but think about the region it is made for. Finnish version more likely contains european language support (English, Hungarian etc.) than a rom which came from Japan :(

Also Asian language devices Korean, Japanese, Chinese have language files that are far more complicated and also consume more space in ROM than languages with latin charsets (but thats just my observation).

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Posted

FM_Radio not work yet

Posted

"The USIM is unusable in this terminal." Oh well, might as well wait for a bit mature release. Thanks anyway.

Posted

Is this ROM Rooted?

Posted (edited)

"The USIM is unusable in this terminal." Oh well, might as well wait for a bit mature release. Thanks anyway.

Your phone need unlocking - use the generator

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-and-zte-blade/

Also that exact error is in the Known Issues on the first post

Edited by StevenHarperUK

Posted

FM_Radio not work yet

Thats a Known Issue - See the first post

Posted

Reading is not the strong point of newly registered users, add to that the use of the magic search function :(

Posted

Thats a Known Issue - See the first post

Is it faster than the finnish fillyjonk overclocked, how smooth is angry birds in high levels? Im not able to test anymore, my girlfriend wont let me use my blade anymore... :-D

Posted

It is unlocked already. Finnish Blade TFT/512MB/5MP.

You should not bother, unless you wont miss the camera...

Posted

Could you add the HTC keyboard into to the upcoming 2.2 please.

Posted

Add the HTC_IME.apk file to the Zip file's /system/app directory and it will be installed when you flash the ROM, it's easy.

Posted

Ok, just downloading this lovely bit of work right now, I intend to bench both quadrant and then the big one is the animated weather app, this is a son of a bitch to run smoothly, lets see if it handles this any better.

Also, I have noticed that with the current r3 rom, the magnifying glass unlocker is quite clunky, but by changing the memory heap size to 48 it literally doubles the speed making it almost smooth.

Mike

Posted

Great.. I backed up everything (Fillyjonk RLS4) before installing the Japanese Jellyfish. And now when I restored files from back up the Google Maps app is gone. :(

Posted

Great.. I backed up everything (Fillyjonk RLS4) before installing the Japanese Jellyfish. And now when I restored files from back up the Google Maps app is gone. :(

You can separately reinstall from the market, or reinstall from apk.

Here's the latest APK: http://www.wuala.com/peanut_hu/OSF_Blade/A...eMaps-5.0.0.apk

Posted (edited)

Thanks but I'd like to know why the app is gone. Shouldn't the backup be 100%?

The Google Maps apk won't install. The phone asks should the previous be replaced - yes - and it says the app can't be installed. Sorry about this...

Edited by klx

Posted

Thanks but I'd like to know why the app is gone. Shoudn't the backup be 100%?

I always do a fresh install, so it did not happen to me. I had problems with titanium backup always after going to a newer/other firmware, so i really don't know about a safe backup solution.

I use astro file manager to backup the programs to APK form on the SD card for reinstalling but that does not save any settings, but again don't have to download programs from market when changing firmwares.

Posted

I used clockwork Recovery to make backup/recovery.

Posted

Is this better than MoDaCo Custom Froyo A3?

Posted (edited)

I used clockwork Recovery to make backup/recovery.

he means backing up the apps from previous rom into the new (froyo) rom...

for example with Titanium...

Edited by dadashi

Posted (edited)

"Backup/recovery" I ment backup/restore naturally. And I got this the maps working again applying the Fillyjonk brut maps zip. Thanks for your quick help. The Maps app failing might be due to the use of sd card as maps tile cache. And it seems that the Clockwork backup isn't 100%.

Edited by klx

Posted

guys this might seem like a dumb question but im really confused as to why we dont have a stable 2.2 now what with wellbeing uploading the dump of his rom?

Posted (edited)

guys this might seem like a dumb question but im really confused as to why we dont have a stable 2.2 now what with wellbeing uploading the dump of his rom?

All current new releases by Kalt_kaffe (Japanese Jellyfish) and Sebastian404 (de-softened ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]) are based upon this rom uploaded by Wellbeing, but using the older kernel of Paul's Froyo ROM at the moment, because there are still problems getting the dumped new kernel to work, but the devs should know better.

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Posted (edited)

we still don't have a proper "kernel" for the SF, needed to finish any rom for our SFs...ZTE have been draging their feet on this for months...

Edited by dadashi