[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest dansken86

Got the stock dialer working... by deleting smartdialer.apk + stealing the five phone- and contact related .apk's from fibblescans rom.

Though the battery use doesn't seem to be changed. But on the positive side facebook sync is now working!!

Got the stock dialer working... by deleting smartdialer.apk + stealing the five phone- and contact related .apk's from fibblescans rom.

Though the battery use doesn't seem to be changed. But on the positive side facebook sync is now working!!

In the stock dialer don't you lose T9 dialling?

Guest Nimezis

Blade does not play Youtube video from Browser. Videoplayer just starting than say: "Cannot play video. Sorry, this video cannot be played".

That is wrong? I´have Blade+RLS6, early on the RLS3 it worked good... :D

Guest dansken86
In the stock dialer don't you lose T9 dialling?

Yep, smartdialer looks nicer as well. Quite nice being able to sync though, and I never really use the actual dialer...

Could you please write up the instructions for this? I assume you mean Contacts.apk, ContactsProvider.apk, Phone.apk and then what?

I already use Dialer One if you're looking for a good T9 dialer. It's better than SmartDialer imo.

Guest IronDoc

:D Someone (cobhc?) said they tried and couldn't, I thought.

Hi guys. Just like to say that I am loving this ROM. Came straight from the stock ROM to this and it is so much faster! The only issue I'm having is the same as everyone else, the battery life. I was having the standby issue some people were mentioning. The cause for me was Latitude. After logging out of there, standby started working correctly again. Not sure if this is the same for everyone?

Good work on the ROM so far kallt_kaffe!

Alex

Guest ZTE Blade_

could you please provide us more detailed info on this?

Guest dansken86
could you please provide us more detailed info on this?

Ok, just took a bunch of them from his latest rls, because Ive no idea how he got it to work (don't know how he feels about us poking in his rom but, anyway):

Contacts.apk

ContactsProvider.apk

GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk

Phone.apk

TelephonyProvider.apk

Replace them in system/app and delete smartdialer.apk from same directory. I cleaned the data in all of them (+facebook) just to be sure. Done (Might have to fiddle a bit with sync on/off for facebook though)

Edited by dansken86

Guest AlphaVision

Yeah, some how-to will be appreciated. Thank you! I really hate the ZTE dialer and love the stock one so please share with us your secret :D

Guest MrPuddington

I have been using this build for a while, and I am very impressed. It looks much better than the Orange stock ROM. Android 2.2 has a few advantages, and it feels faster. Most of all I can connect to the WPA2/EAP encrypted WiFi at work. Thanks a lot!

If I were to change anything, I would like to see:

Dvorak keyboard layout (rare, but possible)

an SSH server such as dropbear (should be possible without problems)

Flashlite (should work)

USB host support (possible in theory, but it may interfere with overclocking)

Cisco AnyConnect (does not seem to exist so far)

Is anybody else interested in one of these?

Ok, just took a bunch of them from his latest rls, because Ive no idea how he got it to work (don't know how he feels about us poking in his rom but, anyway):

Contacts.apk

ContactsProvider.apk

GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk

Phone.apk

TelephonyProvider.apk

Replace them in system/app and delete smartdialer.apk from same directory. I cleaned the data in all of them (+facebook) just to be sure. Done (Might have to fiddle a bit with sync on/off for facebook though)

Can you tell us if this gets rid of the "Connection not made" pop-up dialog that many people are getting?

Since there's a bunch of swedes here, can you please try Sveriges Radio Play and see if you can play live shows?

My phone just starts the buffering over and over... It has always worked on other ROM's and phones but it hasn't been working in any JJ RLS's I've tried.

If you are not from Sweden, feel free to try anyway. :D

Regards

lucky9

Guest Afrodude
Can you tell us if this gets rid of the "Connection not made" pop-up dialog that many people are getting?

Thats due to data settings. Either correct your APN settings or disable data.

Guest dansken86
Since there's a bunch of swedes here, can you please try Sveriges Radio Play and see if you can play live shows?

My phone just starts the buffering over and over... It has always worked on other ROM's and phones but it hasn't been working in any JJ RLS's I've tried.

Regards

lucky9

Nope, buffering.. Worked a few months back I remember. I use TuneIn Radio nowadays. I think it's better plus that you have a massive amount of channels, as well as SR :P, add favourites etc. A bit bigger though...

Guest Frankish

I'm sure you would see no effect on battery usage for a while at least. It wouldn't hit the stats straight away!

Guest dansken86
I'm sure you would see no effect on battery usage for a while at least. It wouldn't hit the stats straight away!

Plugged in/out the charger, it seems to reset by doing so? Cell standby goes straight up to 40 and after 1.5h when screen has been off it's up at 50% and stays there... Same stats as before in powertutor as well. Should maybe give it a day though :D.

Regards

lucky9

Worked like a charm for me. Both playing and skipping the streams. Running over 3G.

Nope, buffering.. Worked a few months back I remember. I use TuneIn Radio nowadays. I think it's better plus that you have a massive amount of channels, as well as SR :D, add favourites etc. A bit bigger though...

I know there are other App's for it but I kind of got used to that one.

Thanks for trying!

The only thing now is... why?

Since everything else is working fine. It's just live streaming that doesnt work. I can't see why it shouldn't work. Perhaps someone with better knowledge about this ROM could tell why...

I hate when I get curious about things I don't know much about. My wife hates it too. It tends to take up too much "family time". She says. :P

/Lucky9

Guest punkmilitia
Sorry for being a nuisance but i'm just trying to contribute some criticism, does r7 fix the problem with widget being placed lower than normal apps on home screen?

15660365.png

Sorry for the bad image quality. As you can see, the SMS & Gmail unread Count widgets are lower than all the apps, they weren't in r5 though, hope that helps,

Cyas and looking forward to r7 :D

Thought I should repost this incase you missed it, thanks again for your magnificent work KK, JJ is literally almost perfect, amazing rom and i'm sure when r7 comes out it will help alot for the few people having problems :P

I'll start looking at it again when everthing else has "settled down" a bit more. RLS7 is looking promising. Automatic Time setting is back and works, VPN settings is back but I can't test it, signal strength bar is fixed and size is down below 120Mb (removed lots of libs that belonged to the removed iwnnime (Japanese IME)). Still not decided if I should put the old alarm clock back is it has more options or keep the better looking DeskClock.

What is the benefit of having a smaller system install?

I noticed that from RLS4 to RLS6 a lot of apps were removed, and once installed from market space is taken from data.

So to get to the same apps list, much more data partition is used.

This is obviously a downside of less apps included in the system (I know as they are updated they use data anyway), but what is the upside if not using TPT and changing partition sizes?

Great work btw!