[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

i think its fine to install straight from clockworkmod as if your installing a new rom, but you dont need to wipe..

i am going to try it now lol

Ok hope it goes well, let me know!

I have a few questions about Froyo, on the previous Eclair ROM I had installed (modaco-r4) there were options for USB settings, one to disable USB charging. I can't seem to find these on this Froyo ROM, is that a difference between Eclair and Froyo or is it unique to this ROM?

I read a few things on Lifehacker about Froyo having the ability to stream music from iTunes, this was before it was released, is that possible on this device? I also read that contacts with Facebook and/or Twitter would have their latest twitter post or facebook status in the contacts screen. Anyone know if this is possible?

Oh and one last thing! When I write a text message and try add a recipient I get everyone from my google contacts, people with just email addresses etc. In the contacts there is an option to show only contacts with numbers which I have enabled, is their not a similar setting for text messaging?

I'm using RLS6 by the way!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by croope

Guest Jukantupa

I Just installed this RLS7 and it's my first custom rom install to an android phone!

My question is, can i install this saunalahti roaming fix to rls7 or is it just ment for rls6?

There is icon R at the statusbar so i think that means ROAMING?

I have been to the setting, as i said everything seems ok but it still vibrates :-)

Go to the keyboard settings --> Sound & vibration --> check 'Custom vibration length' --> set 'Vibration length to 0ms :D

I Just installed this RLS7 and it's my first custom rom install to an android phone!

My question is, can i install this saunalahti roaming fix to rls7 or is it just ment for rls6?

There is icon R at the statusbar so i think that means ROAMING?

I just flashed the saunalahti fix on RLS 7 and it seems to be working no more roaming symbol, and everything works.

Just 2 things i have a problem with, i presume its a 2.2 problem rather than Jellyfish

1) When i call someone the screen turns off and becomes unresponsive so i cannot put the phone down or use the dial pad.

2) When using the gingerbread keyboard, say im typing a word the predictive text above the keyboard will show the word i want but i when i click it, it doesnt replace the word i am typing but adds the word to my already existing spelling (i hope you understand what i mean), so this renders the predictive text useless

Can anyone help?

Can anyone help me with above?

Guest fonix232

Tried RLS7, Facebook sync finally works, but it won't merge with existing contacts :S And adds them even if another contact exists with the same name and stuff :S Or simply I am the dumb to it :S

Tried RLS7, Facebook sync finally works, but it won't merge with existing contacts :S And adds them even if another contact exists with the same name and stuff :S Or simply I am the dumb to it :S

I installed the facebook sync zip, but I still cannot add facebook in accounts & sync. Guess I'll try a wipe.

Guest fox2000

Just installed HW UI addon, but didn't notice any improvement.

Quadrant scores:

Before HW UI: 418

After HW UI: 425

Only +7 points... isn't it a bit strange?

Just installed HW UI addon, but didn't notice any improvement.

Quadrant scores:

Before HW UI: 418

After HW UI: 425

Only +7 points... isn't it a bit strange?

jap jelly has stagefright disabled,

so dont expect a MASSIVE score

Im confused, does the facebook sync fix not work then..?

whats happening? does it just result in a duplicate contact if you already have the same name in your phone?

thanks for the info :D

Guest feckineejit
Go to the keyboard settings --> Sound & vibration --> check 'Custom vibration length' --> set 'Vibration length to 0ms :D

Tried, that doesn't help, still got the vibrate. Think i'll try use the gingerbread till theres a fix for it.

Edited by feckineejit

Guest Jukantupa
I just flashed the saunalahti fix on RLS 7 and it seems to be working no more roaming symbol, and everything works.

Yeah, i did same thing and now it's working! Thanks for awesome rom!

Guest fonix232

whats happening? does it just result in a duplicate contact if you already have the same name in your phone?

There is a possibility I fokked up something, now trying with wipe and re-syncing :P

EDIT:

Tried, sync not just only syncs the contacts (without contact image, etc) but won't merge with current ones :S I am using the "Sync all contacts" option if it matters!

Edited by fonix232

There is a possibility I fokked up something, now trying with wipe and re-syncing :D

EDIT:

Tried, sync not just only syncs the contacts (without contact image, etc) but won't merge with current ones :S I am using the "Sync all contacts" option if it matters!

thanks for your reply, i will hold out until i find out whats going on

thanks again

Guest IronDoc

That's the odd thing, it doesn't seem to dupe them (for me). It just doesn't add any info to them.

The dialer on this rom seems to be preventing the phone from sleeping. I can turn the screen on using the front buttons and on the partial wake usage in spare parts. Dialer is highest with the bar at 60% and android system is 2nd highest with the bar at 10%. I tried disable/enabling turn to mute. But that still doesn't help.

RLS7 doesn't sleep for me either. Going back to RLS6.

PS: "Connection cannot be made" problem persists in RLS7. This is when you specifically set 2G in order to save battery.

Guest fox2000
jap jelly has stagefright disabled,

so dont expect a MASSIVE score

I know about Stagefright; I was focusing on the very small improvement on Quadrant score, and also on the fact that personally I didn't notice any improvement in UI or also in games like Angry Birds, in spite of the "hardware acceleration" which should be on now. I think that there's something strange...