[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest fonix232
That's the odd thing, it doesn't seem to dupe them (for me). It just doesn't add any info to them.

Disable auto sync, wait a min or two, and under your facebook account (settings- accounts and sync) a contacts option will appear. Then press it to sync. Sadly it duplicates for me somewhy :S

Guest paskaapaskaa

Okay, super noobish user here. I have a question about clockwork recovery. I'm thinking of updating from rls6 to rls7. I have my stock 2.1 rom backed up previosly. So now I'd like to also backup my JJ RLS6 rom. So if I backup the rls6 will it overwrite the previosly backed up stock rom?

Okay, super noobish user here. I have a question about clockwork recovery. I'm thinking of updating from rls6 to rls7. I have my stock 2.1 rom backed up previosly. So now I'd like to also backup my JJ RLS6 rom. So if I backup the rls6 will it overwrite the previosly backed up stock rom?

No, every backup gets its own folder with timestamp :D

Edited by pellen

Guest heavyduty00

I was just wondering...would there be any way you could make it so that you can change the lockpaper wallscreen in future versions?

I have tried everything possible, such as pulling the two .apk files fromthe orange stock rom, for the orange stock home launcher and homescreen selector, but I still could not change it. Then a guy told me on another forum that it probably only works on rooted phones or stock rom phones since his one works but it is only a rooted and debranded phone.

Also thanks for your rom, it is actually insanely good :D

Guest supercabbage

I've installed RLS7 and I'm still having issues with GPS. If I choose navigate from the app drawer and search for a destination it just sits on "Searching for GPS..." it's been there for five minutes now. Any solution for this? I wiped before installing RLS6 but didn't bother between 6 and 7. I love the ROM but if I can't get the GPS feature working I'm sadly going to have to go back to Pauls 2.1 ROM :D.

hi kallt kaffe,

thx for the nice release!

there's one problem though - the HOME button does NOT work!!!! what could cause that?

i have normal RLS7 install with truegingerbreadblack theme, no overclocking, no ahb,

launcher pro plus.

thx

Tried, that doesn't help, still got the vibrate. Think i'll try use the gingerbread till theres a fix for it.

I don't think there is going to be a fix because I am on JJ R7 and it doesn't vibrate.

It also worked on JJ R6...

So I guess there is something wrong with your phone.

whos complaining about battery life?

48 to 41% in 2 hours! how about that!

i had wifi off though :P

I went from 100 to 90 in 24 hours :D

none at all

Well. Battery data is wiped when you flash and do a data/cache wipe before. So it's not a bad idea actually. But in practic a proper decharge and fullcharge should suffice.

hi kallt kaffe,

thx for the nice release!

there's one problem though - the HOME button does NOT work!!!! what could cause that?

i have normal RLS7 install with truegingerbreadblack theme, no overclocking, no ahb,

launcher pro plus.

thx

Have you restarted your phone yet?

Edited by zapher

I must be being really thick, and would appreciate being enlightened. I'm still getting the irritating "Connection Cannot be made" dialogue. I do have a working internet connection. I checked I was using the correct APN. Then, I hacked out all but the correct (T-Mobile, and just to be safe Orange too) APN settings from apns-conf.xml and rebooted, but it's still showing Virgin as an APN, when I go into the list of APNs.

What am I doing wrong? It's driving me bananas!

Guest leetron1
I must be being really thick, and would appreciate being enlightened. I'm still getting the irritating "Connection Cannot be made" dialogue. I do have a working internet connection. I checked I was using the correct APN. Then, I hacked out all but the correct (T-Mobile, and just to be safe Orange too) APN settings from apns-conf.xml and rebooted, but it's still showing Virgin as an APN, when I go into the list of APNs.

What am I doing wrong? It's driving me bananas!

You've prob tried this..menu>settings>wireless & network>mobile networks>Data enabled checked ?

Guest Stimpson90

Hi, first post here on Modaco...

Had a few questions about how to install the extra zip files here -

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_ahb_overclocked.zip

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_circle_battery.zip

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_deskclock.zip

Do i just use the clockwork to install each of the other zips the same way i install the ROM? or is there another way to do it?

Thanks,

- Stimpson90

P.S. thanks kallt_kaffe for this ROM :D

Guest 1immortal

I don't wanna nag or something ...

but is there a chance of getting an answer on this one ?

thanks

i have a small question. as i understood, this rom is odexed, i don't really know that is the meaning of it, but i do know

that if i want to apply a fix for the Hebrew language for the normal right to left menus, it must be deodexed.

my question is this:

is there any way of deodexing the rom, or on the other way, can you maybe implement those fixes into your roms ?

Hello Stimpson90, welcome to MoDaCo! ;)

You can flash them with clockwork, just like ROMs (Install zip from SD card).

Edited by agpoli

Guest Frankish
I don't wanna nag or something ...

but is there a chance of getting an answer on this one ?

thanks

This rom is deodexed already...or my themes wouldn't work ;)

Guest Stimpson90
Hello Stimpson90, welcome to MoDaCo! ;)

You can flash them with clockwork, just like ROMs (Install zip from SD card).

Thanks for the speedy response agpoli :)

Much appreciated..

Guest Pelemane
Can someone confirm something to me, if I can power it back on with any other button but the power button then it's not actually gone to sleep?

If you take it off the charger and leave it alone for couple of minutes and if it then will wake up when you press menu button then something is wrong but booting might help (helped me)

Guest Pelemane

I have a problem here..

I had RLS5 but today I updated to RLS7. I fully wiped and rebooted after every addon.

Installed:

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7.zip

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_ahb_overclocked.zip

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_hw_ui.zip

saunalahti_ril.zip

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_facebook_sync_fix.zip

Blue Gingerbread Colour Mod by Frankish

So when I was using RLS5 my phone was stable @768 MHz but it heated up way too much and became sluggish when it was too hot so I used 748 MHz and I never had any issues like rebooting or app crashes.

Now I have RLS7 and my phone reboots if I play with Gameboid for 20 min and it never rebooted before even if I played over an hour.

It doesnt warm up too much so I dont understand what is the problem.

So any ideas whats going on?

Edited by Pelemane

Guest checkup

Odd.

rls7, when enabling Airplane mode via widgets, turns off wifi and enables data connection via gsm. Can also make phone calls.

Even using two different widgets, both jump equaly to on/off with the same behaviour.

It works from inside the settings menu, but not from any widget.

Guest leetron1
Odd.

rls7, when enabling Airplane mode via widgets, turns off wifi and enables data connection via gsm. Can also make phone calls.

Even using two different widgets, both jump equaly to on/off with the same behaviour.

It works from inside the settings menu, but not from any widget.

Noticed something similar