Insurance

Guest squall

Morning folks,

Should the Vega return to stock before the VAT rise, I am planning on picking one up. However, I think I'd want insurance against theft as the device is rather large and shiny. I wonder, therefore, what the best options are for insurance?

I notice that a couple of the gadget insuring websites also cover tablets, and these websites do so for as little as 2-3pounds GDP. However, I dont know any of these firms. Another route would be to extend home contents insurance to cover personal possessions when outandabout.

I wonder what options you use, if any?

My personal possessions cover on my home insurance is about £3 per month and covers almost everything for the whole family, clothes, phone, gadgets, certain amount of money. You don't even need to tell them when you change phone/gadgets etc.

Def phone your house insurance and ask them at least.

Guest Qwertymon

you can get theft insurance for 25quid through the techguy website, and accidentle dmg cover through a store just drop in and ask for it to be attached, thats 5.99 a month though

Guest warriorscot

If you buy it with a credit card it often comes with one or two years of insurance depending on the card you use. Most home insurance covers things like that although given the cost of the vega its probably not worth it. Generally I don't consider insuring anything less than £1000 above and beyond what I get from home and credit card insurance and definitely nothing under £300 as buy the time you claim and pay the excess its usually not worth it financially.