[WIP] MIUI Porting

Guest fonix232

Guest PeaNut_HU
oh right , wheres he gone? ;)

He said he doesn't have time now, don't know exact reason.

Maybe already getting ready and/or sleeping before new year's party :(

He said he doesn't have time now, don't know exact reason.

Maybe already getting ready and/or sleeping before new year's party :(

lol , fair enough ;) , hope this eventually does get ported to the blade!

Guest fonix232

Yep, readying to the party, so I have really no time for development :S

BTW server is back online, just one question: what does the "better, greater" mean? Have you fixed anything?

Guest PeaNut_HU
Yep, readying to the party, so I have really no time for development :S

BTW server is back online, just one question: what does the "better, greater" mean? Have you fixed anything?

I did not write "better, greater", i wrote that that was the last release by you, and it is the "latest and greatest" because someone asked in the thread which was the last release. I did not make any modification hence it is a mirror.

I never take credit for someone else's work.

BTW, have fun, and wish you a happy new year!

Guest PeaNut_HU
Tom G is a developer ;)

Still watching this with keen eyes.. Even though I'm dying of man flu :(

No offense, if he's a developer, then he should know best to read some posts back, he's not a newbie afterall ;) ;)

Guest fonix232
I did not write "better, greater", i wrote that that was the last release by you, and it is the "latest and greatest" because someone asked in the thread which was the last release. I did not make any modification hence it is a mirror.

I never take credit for someone else's work.

BTW, have fun, and wish you a happy new year!

I did not wanted to be offensive any ways, I was just asking if you done anything to it, as I would reupload the files, if they are better :(

Thank you very much, and for all of us, a happy new year!

No offense, if he's a developer, then he should know best to read some posts back, he's not a newbie afterall ;) :(

Yeah I should have read the comments closer, but it was like 1AM. So should it boot at all? I wasn't getting anything from the rom as provided. I've played with it a bit to get adb working and an rs232 console (which means its on 2.6.29 for now). I replaced a heap of libs, but mediaserver is constantly dying. I have some ideas to fix it. What should it be based on? 2.2.1 aosp?

Guest fonix232
Yeah I should have read the comments closer, but it was like 1AM. So should it boot at all? I wasn't getting anything from the rom as provided. I've played with it a bit to get adb working and an rs232 console (which means its on 2.6.29 for now). I replaced a heap of libs, but mediaserver is constantly dying. I have some ideas to fix it. What should it be based on? 2.2.1 aosp?

Yep, afaik it is based on 2.2.1 CM6.1.1, plus some mods (original kernel was like 2.6.35.x, etc)

Guest Jack Andrew :)

How would i go about putting this on my device, I unzipped it cause you said that it was to compressed for recovery to handle and i zipped it back up and i get error (0)

Help, I want to help you guys :(

How would i go about putting this on my device, I unzipped it cause you said that it was to compressed for recovery to handle and i zipped it back up and i get error (0)

Help, I want to help you guys :(

afaik it doesn't boot, so unless you know what you're doing it is probably best not to try. I think fonix232 has just added in some of the files needed for the blade hardware. If it did boot not much would actually work. eg. wifi won't work and I doubt bluetooth will. Sound probably wont either.

Reasons.

Sound - libaudio is different on qsd8k based devices (the rom is based on the N1), and usually different between HTC and qcom based devices.

Wifi - libhardware_legacy needs to be modified to insmod/rmmod the correct module. The wpa_supplicant setup may also need to be changed.

Bluetooth - There are some changes in cyanogenmod 6.1 that break hci_qcomm_init (this also effects everything based on aosp version >= 2.3).

These are just a few simple problems. I expect there will be much more serious problems in trying to use the N1 libs. I am trying a different approach which may have some success.

Edited by Tom G

Who else is developing this rom? only fonix232?

I think matty p is also developing MUIU and 2.3 gingerbread hence why he stopped updates on his 2.2 htc sense theme. I maybe wrong though, I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere

Guest Matty-p
I think matty p is also developing MUIU and 2.3 gingerbread hence why he stopped updates on his 2.2 htc sense theme. I maybe wrong though, I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere

kinda but i stoped 2.2 and sense a month ago for the last few weeks ive been developing gingerbread but havent had a massive amount of time now im gunna cary on 2.3 till its ready for a proper release and il do my sense rom this weekend maybe miui inbetween but only for like a hour a week the outhers will have a 2 hrs a week for 2.3 and a one off 4 hour stint this weekend for sense

Guest Matty-p
right kool , dont mind me asking when do you think we will have it by? :( (can't wait for this!)

dunno if ever tbh probably a month or two at the erliest im not really the person to ask tho

Edited by Matty-p

I'm very excited about this development. Having MIUI on the blade, would make it the even more awesome.

Thanx for trying fonix232 !

Lol same :unsure: