01/Feb r3: USB Mode (host / slave switcher)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest landofhopeandglory

Found the files (all 3 of the same one!) in IFileManager and installed.

No problems and file is installed.

Now trying to find the actual USB device on the Vega to look at the files on the USB stick that is now plugged in but can't find it anywere :(

Any ideas anyone?

Please...

Guest wimsloboy
Found the files (all 3 of the same one!) in IFileManager and installed.

No problems and file is installed.

Now trying to find the actual USB device on the Vega to look at the files on the USB stick that is now plugged in but can't find it anywere :(

Any ideas anyone?

Please...

when you change to usb host then enter ifile manager and along the top tap the usb icon to view your files

Guest landofhopeandglory
when you change to usb host then enter ifile manager and along the top tap the usb icon to view your files

wimslowboy,

Super :(

Any idea how I extract the file of music from the USB stick whilst still plugged in onto the SD of the Vega?

Thanks Again.

Tony

PS I of course mean to store the music onto the Vega permanently not just to play it.

Edited by landofhopeandglory

Guest wimsloboy
wimslowboy,

Super :(

Any idea how I extract the file of music from the USB stick whilst still plugged in onto the SD of the Vega?

Thanks Again.

Tony

PS I of course mean to store the music onto the Vega permanently not just to play it.

sorry Tony can't seem to figure that out at the moment !!.. might need another app to move files across??

anyone else have any ideas??

Gerry

Guest trevor432990
sorry Tony can't seem to figure that out at the moment !!.. might need another app to move files across??

anyone else have any ideas??

Gerry

Surprised iFilemanager does not provide that facility but I use the Astro file manager (+ SMB + Bluetooth for other things) so the basic app will allow you to copy/paste files wherever you want probably best to click on the 'multi' icon select the file/s you want then press 'copy' icon move to the new directory you want them and click 'paste'.

Guest removed-14

When I had a mouse plugged in I got double key presses when typing with the on screen keyboard. With a usb stick in it is fine.

As for copying from sd<>usb stick download es file manager or Astro from the market.

Oh and when I remove a usb device my Vega kind of does a quick reboot but comes back on without the backlight. A quick off and on sorts that.

Edited by removed-14

Oh and when I remove a usb device my Vega kind of does a quick reboot but comes back on without the backlight. A quick off and on sorts that.

Was experiencing this before Pauls application using the GScript method, now am not.

Guest removed-14
Was experiencing this before Pauls application using the GScript method, now am not.

What version of the modaco rom are you on?

Any easy way to un-mount usb devices?

Edited by removed-14

Guest removed-14
I can add an 'unmount' option to my USB Mode app. I could also make a more intuitive symlink, e.g. make /usb/ point to the USB mount point.

P

Both of those would be great!

Guest trevor432990

Have just noticed since introducing this new mod I can no longer use Windows Explorer to see the content of my Vega even with USB debugging running etc. Can anyone else confirm this is what they are finding as well and will this cause a problem come the next update?

For info the attached image shows what I see when I go to 'eject' the Vega connection :-

post-794950-1293656953_thumb.jpg

Guest trevor432990
When I had a mouse plugged in I got double key presses when typing with the on screen keyboard. With a usb stick in it is fine.

As for copying from sd<>usb stick download es file manager or Astro from the market.

I found if I force close the file manager app I was using before unplugging the USB it seems to avoid this quick off and on scenario would be interested to know if that works for you too?

Guest carl rose

I cannot get this to work. It installs alright but when I run it it just says switching mode it will reboot but it just hangs there. I had the gscript and I uninstalled that reboot then installed this and reboot but still the same. What can it be?

Guest spangelsaregreat
I cannot get this to work. It installs alright but when I run it it just says switching mode it will reboot but it just hangs there. I had the gscript and I uninstalled that reboot then installed this and reboot but still the same. What can it be?

Hi,

Same here, installed as part of r6 upgrade.

Regards

Guest removed-14

Did you get a prompt asking for super user rights for the usb switcher app?

Guest wimsloboy

I installed astro to enable me to copy files between the usb disk and the sd card but after installing astro the usb disk doesn't show when in usb host mode either in astro or ifile manager !!!! really strange.... uninstalled astro and everything ok and usb showing in ifile manager again. Anyone else experiencing this with astro?

Guest Zebrahead

How long does the reset take?

Mine seems to be stuck on "Switching USB mode". What is it doing that takes so long? From a terminal, the flash and reboot takes little more than a couple of seconds? I've been on Switching USB mode for > 5 mins easily?

Thanks

Guest worto03

hummm, I've installed it OK and changed mode, it rebooted OK, when I put a usb stick in it flashes for a bit but in iFileManager I just get the usual 5 icons at the top.

Home, SDcard, New Folder, Back, Refresh

Should there be an extra usb stick icon?

Does it have to be FAT32 mine is formatted to NTFS?

Oh and I'm on r4 still, do I need to be on r5 or r6?

cheers,

worto.