FM Radio for ZTE Blade/SF

Guest andorko

Guest rayraven
andorko got to say... this app is fantastic. Works brilliantly. Paul needs to replace the non-working stock FM Radio app with this!

Edit: Only thing I don't like is the cyanogenmod style speaker. I replaced the images in the APK with the ones from this link and the app, imho, looks better.

+1, that style is much nicer IMO.

Possible to use it instead on the app, andorko?

Also, +1 for the naming of stations, would be a nice addition.

Edited by rayraven

Guest Sebastian404

Great work andorko, I had been asking around if anyone wanted to reverse engineer the FM application since it was soo poor, glad you looked into it :(

Guest lordofangels
Great work andorko, I had been asking around if anyone wanted to reverse engineer the FM application since it was soo poor, glad you looked into it :(

You gonna put it in your 2.2 ROM Seb?

So you home now?

Guest Frankish

Is it happening to everyone that after using this app the phone no longer sleeps properly? Even after a long time the front buttons still wake the phone?

Maybe the "power" button within the app should not turn off the radio but kill the process and any other related process. Would that be hard to do?

Edited by Frankish

Guest samjam
Is it happening to everyone that after using this app the phone no longer sleeps properly? Even after a long time the front buttons still wake the phone?

Maybe the "power" button within the app should not turn off the radio but kill the process and any other related process. Would that be hard to do?

Did you use the power button on the radio? Otherwise the radio is still running.

Guest mouseman99

Hey guys,

Just want to ask a question about the volume level on the Radio app (dont want to start a new thread and thought this the best place as any). Is it the same as what comes orginally on the stock Rom?

Is there anything else can be done to overide the volume settings?

when I go outside I can barely hear a thing. I'm hoping noise cancelling earphones will work (but somehow cant see them doing that great a job)

Guest StevenHarperUK
v0.5 is out. Details in the 1st post

Happy New Year for everyone!!

Thanks dude - this is the best radio APP

Have you thought about getting it on the Market?

Guest isambard
v0.5 is out. Details in the 1st post

Happy New Year for everyone!!

awesome. i almost never listen to the radio and was really impressed by the quality of the reception! i assumed it would be crackly and unusable!

Guest Simon O

Excellent update. Will the radio volume be linked to the media volume in a future update so I can control the volume using the buttons on the phone? At the moment the media volume makes no difference to the radio.

Guest Hopelessness

Is there any way I can stop the UI from messing up when using a DPI that is different to stock? I like to change mine to 220 which causes the icons on your FM radio app to go out of line.

Sorry to be a pain, if it's not too difficult to work out would it be possible to implement? Might help make it compatible with other, similar devices as and when they come, such as the ZTE Racer (does it have an FM radio in?)

Guest andorko
Excellent update. Will the radio volume be linked to the media volume in a future update so I can control the volume using the buttons on the phone? At the moment the media volume makes no difference to the radio.

I didn't planned to link the radio volume to the media volume, but i will think about it.

Guest andorko
Is there any way I can stop the UI from messing up when using a DPI that is different to stock? I like to change mine to 220 which causes the icons on your FM radio app to go out of line.

Sorry to be a pain, if it's not too difficult to work out would it be possible to implement? Might help make it compatible with other, similar devices as and when they come, such as the ZTE Racer (does it have an FM radio in?)

I think this app won't be compatible with anything. Blade's FM driver is buggy and some function is missing from it too. Could you send a screenshot from the FM radio with 220 DPI.

Guest Hopelessness
I think this app won't be compatible with anything. Blade's FM driver is buggy and some function is missing from it too. Could you send a screenshot from the FM radio with 220 DPI.

Just noticed that 0.5 isn't as bad as 0.4.

0.4:

screenshot.jpg

0.5:

screenshot_2.jpg

Great work by the way, thanks!

Guest rayraven

^Nice touch with the volume control, and the new scan buttons fit in nicely as well.

Have you thought about contributing the changes back to the cyangoen repos? Would be nice to give something back, after they did open source the code.

Guest andorko
In version 0.5 frequency is limited 107FM though should be 108FM. :unsure:

I cannot reproduce this bug. I can tune from 87.5 to 108.0 with europe regional band

Edited by andorko

Guest andorko
^Nice touch with the volume control, and the new scan buttons fit in nicely as well.

Have you thought about contributing the changes back to the cyangoen repos? Would be nice to give something back, after they did open source the code.

I've made some ugly hack and commented out some code to work this app on ZTE like this. I don't think they want me to commit it to the repo, but i can upload somewhere the source, and if somebody wants to merge it into the original repo, then he can.