Program List Order

Guest jpr

How do you change the order in which Programs appear in the Programs List when you press Programs. Want to change mine to get ones i use more offten to the first page.

Guest Khemical

The programs are sorted alphabetically, you can change the order by renaming the shortcuts in "IPSMWindowsStart Menu". For example, I have direct access to my inbox, contacts and calender from the home screen so I've shifted them down the list by renaming them as "My Inbox" etc.

You can also shift shortcuts out of their sub-folders so you can make MSN Messenger more accessible for example as it's currently in the "Microsoft" folder.

Bit of an iffy method of doing things (you might have to come up with some interestingly named shortcuts to get the order you want!) but it works for me.

Hope that helps

Guest elementalist

If they are alphabetical how come my Inbox is first and IE comes before Call History?

Anyone got any more ideas? I'd really like to move these

Guest HelloDave

The start menu works very like the one in Windows proper - go to IPSMWindowsStart Menu and you'll find all the menu shortcuts there and they can be organized how you want. I put all the programs I don't use much in seperate folders like "games" and "Utilities" so i don't have to go through several menu pages to get to the apps I want. If you keep each folder to 8 shortcuts or under you won't get a "next page" link - 9 or more and Windows adds a new page which is a pain (especially when there are exactly 9 links, as they could all fit on one page, but windows creates two pages anyway. A truly smart phone... :wink: )

--

Andy

Guest elementalist

Hmm. Looks like if you're desperate you can re-order the 'default' ones. I just renamed Inbox/SMS to "1 Inbox/SMS" and it appeared after the other default ones but first in the alphabetically arranged ones. I'm guessing if ya rename them all they will all appear alphabetically.