Correct ZTE USB driver for Blade - XP/Vista/Win7 x86/x64

Guest fLaMePr0oF

Guest fLaMePr0oF

Here's a link to the correct Windows USB driver package download from ZTE (below)...

http://support.zte.com.cn/support/uploads/...icrosoft_PC.rar

The only anomaly I found when installing these on Win 7 x64 was that the setup tried to install the wrong platform driver, however, manually updating the uninstalled device by browsing to the appropriate driver folder gave no problems.

i.e. in my case this was C:\Program Files\ZTE 3GPhone USB Driver\Drivers\64bit\WIN7

All of the drivers are in this package and they all work fine and dandy :unsure:

fLaMePr0oF

Edited by fLaMePr0oF

Guest shooey

W7 just seemed to install drivers automatically without any hassle.

Do you need to install the above drivers in questions for a successfull flash/root/upgrade?

Guest whoop_whoop
W7 just seemed to install drivers automatically without any hassle.

Do you need to install the above drivers in questions for a successfull flash/root/upgrade?

Yes - I needed the drivers this morning to get Clockwork installed, otherwise when I used fastboot it sat there waiting for the device.

Guest malavhe

Thanks! Worked great.

EDIT: Vista doesn't recognise the Android device when I run it in fastboot mode. Don't know if it is a failing of these drivers (well they are better than the non-existant drivers it came with...) Or it might be me being a newbie.

Edited by malavhe

Guest ladiko

curious, the first time i only needed fastboot from http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...rkmod-recovery/ and it installs without any problems on win7 x64. this time, when i tried to update to clockworkmod recovery v2.5.1.8, i got the < waiting for device > message and i needed the offered driver to use fastbook. unfortunately my san francisco had the following device id: USB\VID_18D1&PID_D00D but the driver is only for devices starting with vid_19d2 (see in the device details of the windows device manager) so i had to force manual installation and then it worked without problems...

Edited by ladiko

Guest thriddle
These drivers dont work for me. I have a warning on ZTE Handset USB Modem and I cant use ADB

Yup, same here. Always says that the ZTE Handset USB Modem driver is already up to date, even if I uninstall it in Device Manager first.

Meanwhile, it complains about said driver not installing properly every time I attach the phone via USB!

W7, 64 bit

Guest MDCFan
curious, the first time i only needed fastboot from http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...rkmod-recovery/ and it installs without any problems on win7 x64. this time, when i tried to update to clockworkmod recovery v2.5.1.8, i got the < waiting for device > message and i needed the offered driver to use fastbook. unfortunately my san francisco had the following device id: USB\VID_18D1&PID_D00D but the driver is only for devices starting with vid_19d2 (see in the device details of the windows device manager) so i had to force manual installation and then it worked without problems...

Hello,

have the same problem, when connect to USB - modem, usb flash - worked normally. But when i tried to update to clockworkmod recovery v2.5.1.8 (in Windows XP) i got same < waiting for device > and i needed the offered driver to use fastbook. My phone had USB\VID_18D1&PID_D00D - can you describe, how to force install drivers, or what i need to change in drivers .ini files.

Guest herbz100

Im a bit of a noob to all this stuff but Ive just recently brought my phone and my laptop doesnt recognise it.

Ive downloaded and install the driver however theres no sign of it connected.

I did look at the device manager and its there but it has a yellow sign on it to say that its not installed???? Can someone help me here please??? im using windows 7

Once you have installed all the drivers, make sure you go into device manager and find any components which did not install properly (i.e. yellow sign next to it)

Right click on the component concerned and choose update driver software and then select the option that says "browse my computer for driver software".

Then choose the directory to where the drivers have been installed, which is normally:

C:\Program Files\ZTE 3GPhone USB Driver\Drivers\32bit\WIN7

All should then be fine.

Note. Make sure once you have connected via USB that you select the "select to copy files to/from computer" on the notifications drop down list. This will enable you to access the SD card

Worked for me.

Guest herbz100

Grrh this is becoming frustrating now!!! Ive tried installing all the drivers on this page but still cant get the phone detected via usb.

I go into the device manager and right click were it says Android with the yellow symbol, search for the driver through program files but it just cannot be installed.

I have win7 64bit.

Strange that a brand new phone cannot be detected and theres nothing in the manual book to help!!

Any other suggestions please..??

Guest herbz100

I managed to instad the ADP driver but couldnt manage the other usb driver.

It kept saying that it has already found a suitable driver for this device however it shows a yellow traingle on the usb drive therefore not properly installed.

In the end I got rid off all the drivers and uninstalled the ADP as I was having problems connecting through my usb/internet with 3G.

So back to square 1

Guest herbz100

Okay, im still trying and not giving up....

I believe I have now managed to connect with the laptop in some respects. The phone is connected via usb and the computer recognises it when im NOT in the android mode (power on, volume up).

The San Fran is recognised under Modems -ZTE handset USB Modem (hope thats okay)

Problem is when im trying to install the driver when in the android mode (power on, volume up) the phone comes under Android in the device manager with the yellow triangle. Ive tried the steps to update the driver by browsing however it doesnt recognise anything. Why not ;)

Guest jpdribbler
Okay, im still trying and not giving up....

I believe I have now managed to connect with the laptop in some respects. The phone is connected via usb and the computer recognises it when im NOT in the android mode (power on, volume up).

The San Fran is recognised under Modems -ZTE handset USB Modem (hope thats okay)

Problem is when im trying to install the driver when in the android mode (power on, volume up) the phone comes under Android in the device manager with the yellow triangle. Ive tried the steps to update the driver by browsing however it doesnt recognise anything. Why not ;)

Same s*** here,

but only with the newest ZTE Blades from switzerland, before everything worked fine...

The phone is connected and working but only when it is turned on, in recovery/download modus (power on, volume up) it is recognized but the drivers are not working at all, even when i manually try to install them....

any ideas?

//edit:

under win 7 no problems, the windows updates downloads the right drivers!! :-)

Edited by jpdribbler

The drivers do seem to be installed on my PC (Vista OS), they are called: Android Phone, Android ADB Interface, Android composite ADB Interface but my San Francisco is still not recognised properly on my computer. In Computer it is just known as Drive E. And in the taskbar at the bottom of my PC it has a green tick which says safely remove software.

Do I need to delete the drivers and start again? This is now becoming a real hassle to sort out!!