APN Settings for Virgin Mobile - Internet and MMS

Guest maid020279

Guest Stuart_f
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the correct APN settings are for Virgin Mobile for both the internet and MMS?

Many thanks

Did you use search to find this yourself before starting another new thread on the subject?

Thought not. You don't want to make the bunny cry now do you?

Guest maid020279
Did you use search to find this yourself before starting another new thread on the subject?

Thought not. You don't want to make the bunny cry now do you?

Yes I did and found the internet settings (although they do seem to vary from thread to thread) but I've yet to find the MMS settings.

If you could help or point me to the working MMS setting thread I would be grateful

Guest maid020279

Many thanks, not quite right but close enough.

The correct Virgin settings for data and MMS should be: -

Name = Virgin Mobile UK

APN = goto.virginmobile.uk

Proxy = Not Set

Port = 8080

Username = wap

Password = wap

Server = Not Set

MMSC = http://mms.virginmobile.co.uk:8002

MMS Proxy = 193.030.166.002

MMS Port = 8080

MMC = 234

MNC = 30

Authentication Type = Not Set

APN Type = default,mms

Many thanks

Well the MMS settings are in this thread, this thread, this thread and this thread but hey, a 5th thread on the subject is what we all need.

apn carrier="Virgin UK MMS"

mcc="234" mnc="30"

apn="pp.vodafone.co.uk"

user="wap"

server=""

password="wap"

mmsc="http://mms.virginmobile.co.uk:8002"

mmsproxy="193.30.166.2" mmsport="8080"

type="mms"

Edited by maid020279

Guest Stuart_f
Many thanks, not quite right but close enough.

Actually, it is right. It depends on whether you want 2 APN entries or just one but I'm glad you've managed to find the search feature at last.

Guest maid020279

Not sure why you would want 2 APN's for the same network but everyone's different.

I've used many forums (including the search function!) some good and some very, very bad. The forum structure here is OK for a small forum but this appears to be growing rapidly which in turn makes the search function difficult to trawl through. I see someone else has started a thread with regards to a forum sub structure, so hopefully in the near future this is implemented to enable easier searching, posting etc. All threads for 1 ever popular device is never going to make for easy thread browsing.

Many thanks

Actually, it is right. It depends on whether you want 2 APN entries or just one but I'm glad you've managed to find the search feature at last.
Edited by maid020279