[ROM 2.2] t&l

Guest lgcmn

Guest JF-Gino ld

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix a error in importing/exporting contacts.

When I try to export my contacts to transfer to another phone I get this message : "Could not initialize the exporter: the Uri vcard composer received is not supported by the composer"

Is there something missing here? Do I need to push something to the phone for functionality?

UPDATE: The import function seems to be broken in this rom (not a big deal) so I was able to export my contacts via Bluetooth perfectly.

Edited by JF-Gino ld

Guest fear_factory84
I'm wondering if it'll work to flash the t&l.gb.08 zip over a 4.002.14.EMEA_GEN1 bin, so as to get Android 2.2.2, but with the GEN1 baseband instead of the VFIT (Vodafone Italy) radio (which seems to drain more battery)?

it will work.. I use it..

Guest jayziac
it will work.. I use it..

Thanks for the info fear_factory, I just installed this and it's running very nicely. Something I noticed from reading your ROM thread, I tried installing the latest "Gingerbread Keyboard" from the market, it seems to have sensitivity issues with the spacebar on the bottom of the screen, then I went back to the default "GingerKeyboard" of the t&l_.08 ROM and its much smoother and I never miss hitting the spacebar.

Guest fear_factory84
Thanks for the info fear_factory, I just installed this and it's running very nicely. Something I noticed from reading your ROM thread, I tried installing the latest "Gingerbread Keyboard" from the market, it seems to have sensitivity issues with the spacebar on the bottom of the screen, then I went back to the default "GingerKeyboard" of the t&l_.08 ROM and its much smoother and I never miss hitting the spacebar.

strange, never missed any space... Try with:

http://www.appbrain.com/app/anysoftkeyboar...anysoftkeyboard

http://www.appbrain.com/app/gingerbread-se....sensemod.multi

and tell me if they are better or not :unsure:

There is also an updated htc ime on xda (v27), that don't require flashing on /system, you could try it, it seems very good on my phone.

Guest scrpn

hello,

I'm on T&L .08.

When I'm playing Angry Birds 1.5.3, after few minutes, my phone reboots...

Does anybody have the same problem with this game ?

Thanks

Guest Mr. Extreme

Battery drain is very bad with .14 rom. :rolleyes: Eats it 2x - 3x as fast as it should. ( Installed on Acer A1, out-of-the-box Android 2.1 . ) And the pictures are glossy and shiny as hell, like in a dream. :P

Edited by Mr. Extreme

Guest Ricky`

I tried installing both ROM t&l_Gingerbread_Edition.14 and ROM t&l_Gingerbread_Edition.08 and i can't disable the data connection. Any idea? Maybe it's just the icon...

Also the home button is not moving to the home. I can feel the haptic feedback but it doesn't do nothing.

Edited by Ricky`

• 2 weeks later...
Guest starship1000

I flashed t&l_Gingerbread_Edition.08 + flip animation. How to get back Original animation? This ROM is very nice for me,

Sorry for my english. Thank you.

Guest AcerFerrari
Flash V4 or V5 in first page, and then install SetCPU.

Flashed, it said can't find update script, installation abort

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kendreg
Hi all,

I had a problem with Maps it gone FC after a couple of minutes, so i check previous post and uninstalled Maps and instal the one on first page.

This one it's ok but no voices from it :-C

Anyone has a solution ?

Bye, Paolo

For all people who have this kind of issue:

1) Go to page 5 of this thread and download this file: TTS_Map_fix.zip (posted by user "nicknameless")

2) Flash .zip from Malez recovery

3) Then go to Settings --> Voice input & output --> Text-to-speech setting --> Install voice data

4) At this point you'll see an app available in market: just install

5) Done :)

Edited by kendreg

Guest elbartoo

Hi! I'm currently running the .14 with the Acer UI.

Just a small question : when I open the music app, there is something that looks like the widget which open on the notification bar (you can then control your music). I updated the music app to get the new one with the connexion to music.google.com, which works perfectly expet this tiny thing in the notification bar : it opens but doesn't work. The music Acer widget doesn't work any more either.

Is there a chance to get this working with the new music app?

Anyway, great ROM!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lgcmn

hi all)

from this moment project t&l is closed..i think that it's time..

p.s. i would like to thank everyone who was using our rom)

p.p.s. special thanx to trahelman, and Technik without them t&l would never appear :)

t_l_Gingerbread_Edition.08.zip	68.4 MB		 2011-03-02	5168

t_l_Gingerbread_Edition.14.zip	70.61 MB		2010-12-26	8555

t_l_v03d.14.zip			   	71.87 MB		2010-12-08	5958

t_l_v03d.14_Lan2.zip			  68.44 MB		2010-12-08	5512

Edited by lgcmn

Guest jayziac

I just want to say thanks for your work. I am back to this lightweight and fast ROM after trying LiquidNext CM7 for a couple of weeks. It just had too many little problems and non of the features that I really need. This ROM has everything working and light battery drain.

Guest AcerFerrari
hi all)

from this moment project t&l is closed..i think that it's time..

p.s. i would like to thank everyone who was using our rom)

p.p.s. special thanx to trahelman, and Technik without them t&l would never appear :)

t_l_Gingerbread_Edition.08.zip	68.4 MB		 2011-03-02	5168

t_l_Gingerbread_Edition.14.zip	70.61 MB		2010-12-26	8555

t_l_v03d.14.zip			   	71.87 MB		2010-12-08	5958

t_l_v03d.14_Lan2.zip			  68.44 MB		2010-12-08	5512

Wow! I really like this rom. It's the best rom i've ever had. Just the OC problem, but I think I can deal with it.

Just thank you so much!

Guest fpbasilio

just flashed back to 4.002.14 bin from 4.008...

just wnted to know if its possible to flash t&l .08 or fear .08 rom on a 4.002.14 bin..

would there be any implications?

thanks

Guest jayziac
just flashed back to 4.002.14 bin from 4.008...

just wnted to know if its possible to flash t&l .08 or fear .08 rom on a 4.002.14 bin..

would there be any implications?

thanks

I flashed t&l .08 over 4.002.14 bin and didn't have any problems before, I'm now back to .08 again (because I thought some areas had bad cell reception and I wasn't getting data connection on 4.002.14, and .008 would fix it, but it turned out to be the same on both bins, so I was lazy and just kept .008. What's your reason for keeping 4.002.14?

Guest fpbasilio
I flashed t&l .08 over 4.002.14 bin and didn't have any problems before, I'm now back to .08 again (because I thought some areas had bad cell reception and I wasn't getting data connection on 4.002.14, and .008 would fix it, but it turned out to be the same on both bins, so I was lazy and just kept .008. What's your reason for keeping 4.002.14?

was on 4.008 for a couple of months with t&l and fear. but was experiencing high batt drains on every single rom i tried. flashed back to 4.002.14 to try if it improves. was looking for a lightweight rom to flash over 4.002.14 and was thinking about flashing t&l .08 or fear 4.008(is it compatible too?).

btw. does anyone know if its alright to restore a nandroid that was done on a 4.008 bin if i already now have 4.002.14?

Guest fear_factory84
was on 4.008 for a couple of months with t&l and fear. but was experiencing high batt drains on every single rom i tried. flashed back to 4.002.14 to try if it improves. was looking for a lightweight rom to flash over 4.002.14 and was thinking about flashing t&l .08 or fear 4.008(is it compatible too?).

btw. does anyone know if its alright to restore a nandroid that was done on a 4.008 bin if i already now have 4.002.14?

I have used for weeks 4.002.14 + fear 4.008 (t&l.08 is very very similar, some features are missing but you could like it because it's more minimal) + chocolate kernel from gnufabio before switching to LiquidNext. Battery drain was good. If you don't need features provided by choco kernel (tun/tap, oc, cifs), use standard acer kernel, it's more bug free.

Guest jayziac

Let us know if the battery improves, I'm still unsure about this, and would switch back to 4.002.14 if it's true.

Guest AcerFerrari
Battery drain is very bad with .14 rom. :huh: Eats it 2x - 3x as fast as it should. ( Installed on Acer A1, out-of-the-box Android 2.1 . ) And the pictures are glossy and shiny as hell, like in a dream. :blink:

I agree with the battery drain problem......if I use the liquidnext rom I can use 2 days without charging. If I use this rom, 4-5hrs the battery will run out.

Still, SocialJogger Fcs. don't know why. Can sb fix it?

• 7 months later...