[RECOVERY] AmonRa by Vache for Acer Liquid MT (S120)

Guest PhilNelwyn

Guest MisfitGeek
Then i have downloaded Quick Boot but an alert show me that i dont have root access.

¿What should i do?

Except if I misunderstand some detail, Amonra brings the recovery, not the root.

Try SuperOneClick from XDA : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682

Esay procedure and push all apk (superuser) needed. I did it yesterday and I can now use Titanium and other 'root' stuff.

Other question is a problem with Wifi. At home, i have a wifi conecction. At firs time i connect without any problem, but now i can´t connect. The wifi disconnect. After read a lot, i think is a problem with Froyo (my actual version is 2.2.2), but i don´t know if there is a solution while acer actualize to gingerbread.

I have my metal since this week-end. I flashed it few times (official bin, T&l) and never had any issue with wifi (WEP). Have you installed some ROM or apps like JuiceDefender, SuperPower?

For Gingerbread, Vache wrote somewhere that Acer planned to release GB around end of March.

Guest spulon
Other question is a problem with Wifi. At home, i have a wifi conecction. At firs time i connect without any problem, but now i can´t connect. The wifi disconnect. After read a lot, i think is a problem with Froyo (my actual version is 2.2.2), but i don´t know if there is a solution while acer actualize to gingerbread.

I have the same issue ( with latest Bin + Vachounay 1.2.1 ) since last thuesday!

Strange..... Wifi was working; then I can't connect anymore to my freebox ( as there is lot of French metal user here, this can help ). Maybe an app update which has broken something.

Tried to change scan_ap to 0 with no change !

No time to do some more investigation for now.

Cheers,

Stéph.

Guest MisfitGeek

Guess what? I'm posting through wifi on my freebox... and my liquid for sure.

Are you wep or wpa?

My rom is t&l. I test metalounay on Saturday and notiice that wifi was wrong. It wasn't with freebox, but each time I to enable wifi I get an error (czn't remember). It workked only first time.

As I also installed amonra,this issue is on metalounay I guess. Better is to post in the dedicated topic.

Guest spulon

Are you wep or wpa?

My rom is t&l. I test metalounay on Saturday and notiice that wifi was wrong. It wasn't with freebox, but each time I to enable wifi I get an error (czn't remember). It workked only first time.

As I also installed amonra,this issue is on metalounay I guess. Better is to post in the dedicated topic.

Agreed, :D

That's was just to reply to larguitto

Cheers,

Stéph.

Guest larguitto

First time thanks to all for all the replies.

Except if I misunderstand some detail, Amonra brings the recovery, not the root.

Try SuperOneClick from XDA : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682

Esay procedure and push all apk (superuser) needed. I did it yesterday and I can now use Titanium and other 'root' stuff.

I have my metal since this week-end. I flashed it few times (official bin, T&l) and never had any issue with wifi (WEP). Have you installed some ROM or apps like JuiceDefender, SuperPower?

For Gingerbread, Vache wrote somewhere that Acer planned to release GB around end of March.

This afternoon i´ll try to do it. I hope not to brick the phone.

Are you wep or wpa?

At home my wifi is WPA/WPA2. Maybe that is the problem.

To finish, maybe i must post a dedicated topic.

Thanks to all again.

Guest larguitto

Perfect.

Now i have a Nandroid backup.

The backup is in the phone, so when i want to restore it only have to restore from it.?

If i do another backup, it will overwrite the old one?

Thanks again.

Guest davidevinavil

No, You can do all backups you want..

Backup is named about date and hour so all backup have different name and don't overwrites the others..

You'll find backup into nandroid/352809040249615/ folder so you can copy it from phone to pc if you want..

It's useful if you want to format your sd :D

352809040249615 is a folder named with some numbers.. Anyone has different number..

Backups are named like this BCDEAS-20110315-1834

This backup is made 15 march 2011 at 18.34 hours

If you have ext partition and are using a2-sd you must make nandroid + ext backup

Edited by davidevinavil

Guest larguitto
No, You can do all backups you want..

Backup is named about date and hour so all backup have different name and don't overwrites the others..

You'll find backup into nandroid/352809040249615/ folder so you can copy it from phone to pc if you want..

It's useful if you want to format your sd :D

352809040249615 is a folder named with some numbers.. Anyone has different number..

Backups are named like this BCDEAS-20110315-1834

This backup is made 15 march 2011 at 18.34 hours

If you have ext partition and are using a2-sd you must make nandroid + ext backup

Thank you very much.

Sorry for my simple questions.

Guest Thebushido

Guys. I feal realy stupid asking this, but wen i put the cable connected to the pc it ask if i want to turn 2 options "ON" or if i want to sync. Wen i run the install_recovery shold i have any option selected? I run the install_recovery file and it just do nothing. I feal a real noob:S And sry for bad english:S

BTW do i need to root the mt before i run amonRa? ty

Edited by Thebushido

Guest astuermer

Vache, I am using latest 1.0 version on my Acer Liquid MT (1.100.24).

When trying to recover a backup, recovery tells me I have to do this by using ADB and executing "mobilerecovery..." (or so).

Whats wrong?

I made a backup yesterday BEFORE flashing a new kernel... so only difference in the system is the kernel.

Stock 1.100.24 Kernel was flash by your 1 GHz kernel...

Guest davidevinavil
Vache, I am using latest 1.0 version on my Acer Liquid MT (1.100.24).

When trying to recover a backup, recovery tells me I have to do this by using ADB and executing "mobilerecovery..." (or so).

Whats wrong?

I made a backup yesterday BEFORE flashing a new kernel... so only difference in the system is the kernel.

Stock 1.100.24 Kernel was flash by your 1 GHz kernel...

If battery is empty nandroid don't work..

Be sure that battery is full

Guest astuermer
If battery is empty nandroid don't work..

Be sure that battery is full

Battery is at 25 percent...

After a normal reboot (phone was working before), my SD card is completely scrambled now!!

Help!!! 5 years of photos of my children are deleted now (and many other stuff of course too).

Volume in Laufwerk E: hat keine Bezeichnung.

Volumeseriennummer: 66A6-AB8C

Verzeichnis von E:\

21.03.2011 15:55 <DIR> LOST.DIR

09.04.2029 01:21 0 ž†I

12.05.2080 23:14 0 }ìq4»æÅ.ÃeÖ

21.03.2011 15:55 <DIR> .android_secure

21.03.2011 15:55 <DIR> data

21.03.2011 15:56 <DIR> Android

21.03.2011 15:57 0 dir.txt

9 Datei(en) 0 Bytes

4 Verzeichnis(se), 7.997.394.944 Bytes frei

Guest davidevinavil
Battery is at 25 percent...

After a normal reboot (phone was working before), my SD card is completely scrambled now!!

Help!!! 5 years of photos of my children are deleted now (and many other stuff of course too).

Volume in Laufwerk E: hat keine Bezeichnung.

Volumeseriennummer: 66A6-AB8C

Verzeichnis von E:\

21.03.2011 15:55 <DIR> LOST.DIR

21.03.2011 15:55 <DIR> .android_secure

21.03.2011 15:55 <DIR> data

21.03.2011 15:56 <DIR> Android

21.03.2011 15:57 0 dir.txt

9 Datei(en) 0 Bytes

4 Verzeichnis(se), 7.997.394.944 Bytes frei

I'm sorry but I've advice you..

Now put out SD and put it in an sdcard reader and try to rescue your file with some rescue software .. Of course you should change SD because it's at the end of his life :/ And always make backup of yours important stuff.. Always from phone to PC and from PC to external hard disk..

Edited by davidevinavil

Guest spulon
I'm sorry but I've advice you..

Now put out SD and put it in an sdcard reader and try to rescue your file with some rescue software .. Of course you should change SD because it's at the end of his life :/ And always make backup of yours important stuff.. Always from phone to PC and from PC to external hard disk..

Yes add the same issue some days ago,

onto PC, you can find your files renamed in FILE<something><number> into LOST.DIR or somewhere else I didn't remember !

You just need to rename then accordingly the file type of each files ( I did it automatically under linux with a tricky bash command)

Cheers,

Stéph.

Guest davidevinavil
Yes add the same issue some days ago,

onto PC, you can find your files renamed in FILE<something><number> into LOST.DIR or somewhere else I didn't remember !

You just need to rename then accordingly the file type of each files ( I did it automatically under linux with a tricky bash command)

Cheers,

Stéph.

There's tons of resque software for windows or Linux just search resque file on Google

Edited by davidevinavil

Guest spulon
There's tons of resque software for windows or Linux just search resque file on Google

Yes but In my case files were not corrupted and just moved&renamed; so it was faster (for me I concede) to script it :(

I'm already using sandisk recovery tool (but not a free tool) for my photography hobby. :D

Cheers,

Stéph.

Guest astuermer

So everything's fine again :D

Data from SD was lost... seems something has overwritten something. Before 0,5 GB was free on the card, after the issue the card was nearly completely empty. Rescue software found only some pics, the LOST.DIR was empty...

But, I bought this Class6 card 3 weeks ago - before I had a 16 GB Class2 which I used in my S100 too... the 16 GB card was a backup for me (I've completely forgotten...) :( So only a few pics I shoot the last few weeks are missing *phewww*

I've now flashed 1.100.24 over it now to have original Kernel.

Is it normal, that AmonRA refuses to work when battery is low?

Edited by astuermer

Guest PhilNelwyn
Is it normal, that AmonRA refuses to work when battery is low?

Yes, it is.

For security reasons : to be sure it will be able to complete tasks.

Edited by PhilNelwyn

• 2 weeks later...
Guest astuermer

- Added support for /system/flex partition (mount/wipe)

What exactly is located under /system/flex?

What are the benefits of wiping that dir?

Guest vache
- Added support for /system/flex partition (mount/wipe)

What exactly is located under /system/flex?

What are the benefits of wiping that dir?

1. Some files for FOTA and simlock, depends on your phone. It"s quite useless. But it may be use for other things (/system/flex is around 25Mo)

2. See 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Force User

could anyone explain me plz what "mount" feature does?

I have system,data,sd,sdcard,flex with mount state and only cache have unmount status

thanks