Source for spare battery?

Guest handful

Guest handful

My son lost his battery out of his Blade the other day (long story) and has been unable to find any suppliers with stock. Does anyone know where they can be sourced or has anyone got a broken phone and wants to sell the battery out of it? :unsure:

Guest Stuart_f

The only way to get a real, NEW ZTE Battery is to buy them in lots of 15 and import them yourself. Rjm2k did this some time ago in this thread and sold the remainder of the batch on a certain famous market site to other forum members. Unfortunately there are none left from that batch but they worked out at £15 each. If you feeling a bit daring then you may be able to do the same yourself.

Your next best bet is to buy the used battery from a dead SF. This is the option I would be going for myself.

Potentially, there are 3rd party batteries out there but do be very careful of you are ordering one. A French site is advertising some and is discussed in this thread. There were no reports that anyone actually ordered one though.

There are also a number of UK based websites that seem to be offering them but have no stock despite advertising them for dispatch. Read this XDA thread discussing batteries for a different model and beware of that company who trade under many different names.

Guest handful
The only way to get a real, NEW ZTE Battery is to buy them in lots of 15 and import them yourself. Rjm2k did this some time ago in this thread and sold the remainder of the batch on a certain famous market site to other forum members. Unfortunately there are none left from that batch but they worked out at £15 each. If you feeling a bit daring then you may be able to do the same yourself.

Your next best bet is to buy the used battery from a dead SF. This is the option I would be going for myself.

Potentially, there are 3rd party batteries out there but do be very careful of you are ordering one. A French site is advertising some and is discussed in this thread. There were no reports that anyone actually ordered one though.

There are also a number of UK based websites that seem to be offering them but have no stock despite advertising them for dispatch. Read this XDA thread discussing batteries for a different model and beware of that company who trade under many different names.

Thanks Stuart_f, really useful info here. I have had a PM offering one and I will follow that line for now but failing that I may look at the import option. A load of hassle to get a battery but that's kids for you! (if you can call 21 a kid!) He's probably already lost another 7 quid after trying to order one from one of those companies you mention and warn about. :unsure:

Guest cartierv

I'm gonna sound ignorant here. Are people seriously saying every different mobile phone has its own unique battery ? Aren't there some that are interchangeable? What's the point of an industry making thousands of different batteries which are all going to power extraordinarily similar devices with extraordinarily similar dimensions???

Edited by cartierv

I'm gonna sound ignorant here. Are people seriously saying every different mobile phone has its own unique battery ? Aren't there some that are interchangeable? What's the point of an industry making thousands of different batteries which are all going to power extraordinarily similar devices with extraordinarily similar dimensions???

Well, i don't know about every single phone ever made, but i do have 52 of the suckers and I can tell you for definite not a single one of them has a battery that can be used in any of the the others. I guess there are some that have same/similar batteries especially if you stick to the same OEM, e.g. I know that some of the Nokia phones use the same battery, but mostly (intentionally or otherwise) they tend to be different. I read on google manufacturers are only just now agreeing to a universal socket spec on mobiles, I understand they may settle on microUSB, so I guess batteries could possibly be next but I wouldn't hold my breath, there are too many interested parties NOT to agree a standard.

Edited by xzyk

Guest Bassey

Quite a few of the SonyEricsson's share the same battery and, for their bog-standard phones Nokia only have a couple of different battery types. However, for top-end phones and smartphones where designers are trying to squeeze a huge amount into a small space they tend to end up with different batteries for each model or at least each range. I think some of the HTC devices share a battery (Desire, Desire HD etc) but they are basically the same physical phone with different software and a few new components.

Guest frequence

Was thinking about getting a spare battery aswell and didnt find any good source.

Only thing i came across was this link to a UK store for the Dell XDC35 *click*

Living in germany makes purchasing this realy lame :unsure:

Guest Stuart_f
Was thinking about getting a spare battery aswell and didnt find any good source.

Only thing i came across was this link to a UK store for the Dell XDC35 *click*

Living in germany makes purchasing this realy lame :unsure:

I also worry about their delivery policy:

We offer Royal Mail First Class Delivery available for a flat charge of £2.99 per entire order when you select this shipping method on our website, or inform us otherwise that you require this method of shipping at the time you place your order by telephone, fax, or post. Orders shipped by this method are usually received within 2 – 3 days, however, since this is not a guaranteed service, please allow up to 14 days to receive your order. We are not responsible for orders lost in transit. If Royal Mail loses your order (classified as “lost” by Royal Mail after 15 business days from the date of posting) please be aware that this is beyond our control. We cannot issue a refund for non-delivery of your order by Royal Mail, as you selected this delivery option, which is a non-guaranteed delivery service as per Royal Mail terms and conditions. We will however endeavour to assist you with filing any claims against Royal Mail for non-delivery of your parcel.

Actually they are responsible under the distance selling regulations 2000. You buy goods from them and it is your right to have them delivered. It is up to them to dispute the non-delivery with Royal Mail, your right is to, "A full refund if the goods or services are not provided by the date you agreed. If you didn't agree a date, then you are entitled to a refund if the goods or services are not provided within 30 days."

I'd steer well clear.

Guest Thermostat9
I think the guy who had the compatible 1300 batteries is supposed to be getting some shortly.

Would and extra 50mAh really make a difference?

Guest frequence

i dont think we would be discussing spare batterys, cases etc in here when an orange shop would offer them.

hoping that maybe our german provider (Base) might get some optional parts in its shops......

till then.....tradinig info in here is our best catch to be up to date about any source of SF parts.

Guest handful
Thanks Stuart_f, really useful info here. I have had a PM offering one and I will follow that line for now but failing that I may look at the import option. A load of hassle to get a battery but that's kids for you! (if you can call 21 a kid!) He's probably already lost another 7 quid after trying to order one from one of those companies you mention and warn about. :unsure:

Hmm, the guy offering one wants to make more than the £12-£15 I offered, wants more due to the rarity B)

Thanks for the other posts and suggestions, I may contact the guy who was importing them and see if he is due a batch.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest handful
Hmm, the guy offering one wants to make more than the £12-£15 I offered, wants more due to the rarity ;)

Thanks for the other posts and suggestions, I may contact the guy who was importing them and see if he is due a batch.

UPDATE

Info for anyone wanting a battery, the guy selling them on ebay has some more listed for £13.50 + £1.50 p&p.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=220724531093

Guest modelman

Give it 6 months to a year and batteries will be 10 a penny. There be millions of phones out there by then producing a viable market for original and clone battery packs.

• 4 weeks later...