• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[GUIDE] Theme editing and related things.

118 posts in this topic

Posted

The Mms.apk needs to be named with a capital M. Otherwise 2 will exist. And the system will use Mms.apk instead of mms.apk. Try that, if it still doesn't work there may be a problem with it.

I would take an Mms.apk from another rom that uses dark background. I have been using a CyanogenMod Mms.apk since i got my blade. Always preferred the black background.

I use the CM mms too, I much prefer the dark as well.

Another thing you may want to check is that you're using the apktool 1.3.1 linked in Frankish's first post and not 1.3.2 which has "faults".

Posted

The Mms.apk needs to be named with a capital M. Otherwise 2 will exist. And the system will use Mms.apk instead of mms.apk. Try that, if it still doesn't work there may be a problem with it.

I would take an Mms.apk from another rom that uses dark background. I have been using a CyanogenMod Mms.apk since i got my blade. Always preferred the black background.

Thanks for the reply but I didn't let both of them sit in the system at the same time. The recompiled one was named exactly like the original and the permissions were the same, it just didn't show up in the app drawer. I even signed with test keys it and still nothing, even the size difference remained, although I just edited some .xml files and didn't remove anything :P

Posted

Thanks for the reply but I didn't let both of them sit in the system at the same time. The recompiled one was named exactly like the original and the permissions were the same, it just didn't show up in the app drawer. I even signed with test keys it and still nothing, even the size difference remained, although I just edited some .xml files and didn't remove anything :P

Can i take a guess and say you put the file there with Root Explorer? Try adb push through recovery. I had the issue of it not showing up when using root explorer. ADB delet and then push worked for me.

Posted

Careful, because in Seb's thread he says signed with test keys, and somewhere else he says signed with the standard developer key. I'm 99.99% sure from experience that he signed, and you need to re-sign with the platform key.

Posted

Can i take a guess and say you put the file there with Root Explorer? Try adb push through recovery. I had the issue of it not showing up when using root explorer. ADB delet and then push worked for me.

That's a good guess. Gonna try that way then, thank you :P

Posted

Just tried it myself with music.apk and didn't work flashing in recovery does.

Posted (edited)

Just tried it myself with music.apk and didn't work flashing in recovery does.

Thanks for that :P

Will I have to sign it then?

Edited by mELIANTE

Posted

No not really.

Posted (edited)

No not really.

Thank you for all the help. Gonna see what happens ^^

EDIT:

Messed all up. lol

Then, I went searching on GitHub and changing the background appears to be a complex task, not for me unfortunately :P

Edited by mELIANTE

Posted

cant seem to get apk tool too work, there no decompile thingy in the one i downloaded for windows any ideas?

Posted (edited)

This should be pinned...

Its just so full of usefulness! :D

Just wish I could actually use apk tool :D

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

Posted

Just wish I could actually use apk tool :D

I'll just use winrar for now...it does the job :o

OH, and does anyone how how to change the colour of the status/notification bar?

Sorry if it says I couldn't find it :D

Posted

I'll just use winrar for now...it does the job :D

OH, and does anyone how how to change the colour of the status/notification bar?

Sorry if it says I couldn't find it :D

Quoting yourself thats a little space wasty when you can just edit it :o

according to UOT Kitchen

For Gingerbread roms only,

uploading framework-res.ap and SystemUI.apk

So maybe the option is in there?

Posted

Quoting yourself thats a little space wasty when you can just edit it :D

according to UOT Kitchen

For Gingerbread roms only,

uploading framework-res.ap and SystemUI.apk

So maybe the option is in there?

I normally edit but felt like using reply :D

and its only white and black there...

Posted

Thanks you a lot for your excellent Work :)

Posted

I found it :) Ignore my previous post

Posted

I've got a problem, I downloaded APK Tool and extracted it but there is no .bat files anywhere. Where those should be and am I doing something wrong?

Posted

Thanks for the tutorial,

I have used this tutorial to do a bit of theming on my galaxy s and galaxy s2, everything is fine but only a few dialog windows not showing correctly, like in settings>Display>>screen display>font style when the popup dialog appears its black font on dark background, I searched internet and seems many themers have problem with the same issue, does any1 have any idea?