Verizon O2 Omnia i920 Phone Radio Will not Turn on (Phone off)

Guest bigcountryboy

Guest bigcountryboy

Hey Guys,

I am a new owner of the Verizon Samsung Omnia 2 i920. Eversince I got it when I Look on the screen, it will say "Phone off". When I go to the wireless manager, I always see that Airplane Mode is turned on. When I tap the "Phone" option to turn it on, the screen will blink once but the button will still be gray and not turn green like the wifi and bluetooth. When I tap the Airplane mode to turn it off, it will freeze that screen so that screen so I tap "Done" and go back to Wireless Manager, the Airplane Mode will be back on again. When I turn the phone off and then on again, after the orange windows boot up screen is done loading then it will tell me that "The phone is currently off. Would you like to turn on the phone?" I will tap Yes and still the main screen will say "Phone off" and in Wireless Manager, Airplane Mode says Turn on and Phone says off.

Basically I cannot turn on the Phone radio on to use the phone and can only use the pda function only. I cannot make outgoing calls and cannot receive calls. I have not found anyone with this kind of problem on this site or on any other sites and I am wondering if this phone is a defect? Thank you.

Guest amdzero
Hey Guys,

I am a new owner of the Verizon Samsung Omnia 2 i920. Eversince I got it when I Look on the screen, it will say "Phone off". When I go to the wireless manager, I always see that Airplane Mode is turned on. When I tap the "Phone" option to turn it on, the screen will blink once but the button will still be gray and not turn green like the wifi and bluetooth. When I tap the Airplane mode to turn it off, it will freeze that screen so that screen so I tap "Done" and go back to Wireless Manager, the Airplane Mode will be back on again. When I turn the phone off and then on again, after the orange windows boot up screen is done loading then it will tell me that "The phone is currently off. Would you like to turn on the phone?" I will tap Yes and still the main screen will say "Phone off" and in Wireless Manager, Airplane Mode says Turn on and Phone says off.

Basically I cannot turn on the Phone radio on to use the phone and can only use the pda function only. I cannot make outgoing calls and cannot receive calls. I have not found anyone with this kind of problem on this site or on any other sites and I am wondering if this phone is a defect? Thank you.

I'm assuming you are not running any custom roms as you describe an orange windows boot screen. If this is the case what version are you running? go to samsung settings, system, version and post it here.

Guest bigcountryboy

Hi AmdZero,

I appreciate your big heartedness for someone your level to give me some attention with my problem. I am running the latest DC21 update. I cannot toggle between turning the phone off/on and turning airplane mode off/on. Usually if I toggle between the two too much then the phone radio will lock off and the phone will only be in airplane mode.