[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920) 6.5/6.5.5 Testing

Guest amdzero

Guest amdzero
My Dear AMDZero,

First off, I want to thank you for all the great ROMS you have created for the i920. I have been running Test 2 and really like the way it works on my phone.

Do you know of any way to add a Twitter tab and a Facebook tab to this ROM. Work now has me monitoring both Facebook and Twitter. It doesn't matter to me if it is a cab install or if I need to reflash the phone.

Thanks much,

Tonyafm

Um I played with facebook tab before, but I wasn't able to get it to load properly. Once I get the phone back in my hands I can try again next week. In the mean time you might take a look at fim or the facebook tab thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=651007

I don't use twitter, but I guess I could sign up for an account and try to import the HTC PEEP (twiter tab) just to see if it works.

Guest amdzero
if anyone is wondering about this,...i just installed cookies home tab (the older version), and then cht editor 1.8.5.1 and it has made this amazing rom even better!! Thanks again AMD

Thats good to hear. How is the speed? I was concerned that the speed was going to bog it down. You should try CHT 2.0, as he re-wrote the whole thing from the ground up for better speed.

Guest the sandman
Thats good to hear. How is the speed? I was concerned that the speed was going to bog it down. You should try CHT 2.0, as he re-wrote the whole thing from the ground up for better speed.

CHT 2.0 is pretty sweet. Only thing that i cant get working are widgets and editing the home screen. Other than that this is the fastest and smoothest sense rom i have ever used

Guest nickmo20

UM yeah, I'm a tard and read this too quickly before work! I saw you said you were working with COM5 23569 but skipped over the sentence below it saying it's stripped down stock! MY BAD! Anywho, it's nice! So far I've only cooked a basic ROM and it's freezing, haha. Not too familiar with this new style kitchen. I like my visual kitchens, I'm slightly spoiled from the i910. I'll do my best and I'll certainly let you know if i need help! Glad to see Chef's these days don't hoard their talents, yet share them to help the community!

Guest sixstrings

being that i overclocked it to 952 Mhz, its still fast with CHT. I tried CHT 2.0 but its not fully compatible. CHT 1.8.5 allows just about 100% customization except for home level editing.

*UPDATE*

So i'm not quite sure what happened the other day but i've since performed a soft reset and after 2 days, available ram hasn't gone much below 50mb with similar usage.

I made the following registry change which 'appears' to have made things slightly more responsive:

HKLM>system>GWE>touch>filter and set "minimumtaptime" to 14 (default is 40)

Guest amdzero
Any idea on how to go landscape mode on the text screen?

did you install the motion cab I posted in the first post?

Have you tried Orientation Detection (which also requires Samsung SDK cab)?

Guest xlightwaverx
Glad to see Chef's these days don't hoard their talents, yet share them to help the community!

So where's that Sense Cab? ;) Gonna need it ;)

X

Edit: J/K AMD :D

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest xlightwaverx
Cab? no.

OEM Packages for chefs... just ask.

Oh wow, I was kiddin, I am interested... but of course I am going to try it myself first. I gotta finish up a deal with some BattClock Graphics that aren't working properly and I will have a 3 rom release.

then I can work on Sense like the rest of us.

X

Guest amdzero
Oh wow, I was kiddin, I am interested... but of course I am going to try it myself first. I gotta finish up a deal with some BattClock Graphics that aren't working properly and I will have a 3 rom release.

then I can work on Sense like the rest of us.

X

Sounds like a plan!

Any idea on how to go landscape mode on the text screen?

This worked really well for me since I only need landscape for certain things:

To be able to manually rotate the screen in any application: go to registry hk_local machine – system – gdi – rotation; in key HideOrientationUi change 1 to 0. Then open Settings – Personal – Buttons and assign to any button the command “Rotate Screen” (you can see this option after you change the registry and only in winmo setting page)

To ge to the WinMo settings:

Go to Settings then menu>all settings

I assigned it to the 'OK' button since I really don't use it for anything.

Edited by jberd

Guest the sandman
Ugh I wish the CHT Widgets / edit mode would work

I just discovered how to make the CHT Widgets/Edit mode work. It can't be done on our phones with the default theme, but when I installed the Elegancia V2 theme for CHT by Dunc001 it lets me use widgets and also edit the home screen any way that I want. The theme is pretty cool too, and it can be found here at XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=856129

Guest amdzero
I just discovered how to make the CHT Widgets/Edit mode work. It can't be done on our phones with the default theme, but when I installed the Elegancia V2 theme for CHT by Dunc001 it lets me use widgets and also edit the home screen any way that I want. The theme is pretty cool too, and it can be found here at XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=856129

well I've fixed the video issues, had to go back to touchplayer for playback, as I despise windows video player on winmo. I fixed the appointment problem (which I can't see to make a cab for) so I'll upload a new rom file soon. I think I'll play around with this CHT for a bit before I release. I may release 3 roms:

Ultralite

Sense

CHT Sense

all testing of course, that way if I find errors I can fix them. Then if there are no errors I will release the kitchens so others can take the baton.

Guest sixstrings
well I've fixed the video issues, had to go back to touchplayer for playback, as I despise windows video player on winmo. I fixed the appointment problem (which I can't see to make a cab for) so I'll upload a new rom file soon. I think I'll play around with this CHT for a bit before I release. I may release 3 roms:

Ultralite

Sense

CHT Sense

all testing of course, that way if I find errors I can fix them. Then if there are no errors I will release the kitchens so others can take the baton.

as always if you're looking for testers, im up for it...also when you release the kitchens im gonna try my hand a cooking...again....to see if i can get it right this time.

Guest Omega Ra

Ultralite

Sense

CHT Sense

any new ROM? thinking of trying this one.

Guest amdzero

I have a newer one, but I haven't released it yet, still some testing behind the scenes before public testing.

Don't think, just do it! lol Seriously, this ROM is great. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now with no major issues to speak of. Definitely worth a try.

Guest nvrmind

Ultralite

Sense

CHT Sense

Looking forward to the updated Ultralite! Thanks for everything AMD.

Guest amdzero
Looking forward to the updated Ultralite! Thanks for everything AMD.

I've got 4 different projects going on at once, and I'm also programming for my android phone, so its going to take a bit. I'm just going to up load 21916 -ultralitesense and 21569 ultralitesense if it boots later tonight.

Guest xlightwaverx
I've got 4 different projects going on at once, and I'm also programming for my android phone, so its going to take a bit. I'm just going to up load 21916 -ultralitesense and 21569 ultralitesense if it boots later tonight.

I hopefully will land the Android Omnia 2 Website GIG! :P Waiting on a response. Yeah, AMD is always busy. My girlfriend has some major issues with me devoting so much time to this stuff. I don't know how your wife lets you live so long AMD... :D

X