[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920) 6.5/6.5.5 Testing

Guest amdzero

Guest amdzero
I hopefully will land the Android Omnia 2 Website GIG! :P Waiting on a response. Yeah, AMD is always busy. My girlfriend has some major issues with me devoting so much time to this stuff. I don't know how your wife lets you live so long AMD... :D

X

Its gotten easier now that she owns the Omnia II. She said, this doesn't work, 10minutes later, it works. She actually likes me messing with this stuff now.

BTW...

MEGA UPDATE: 4 roms loaded for you to enjoy! This is still testing (version 3) until all bugs are caught and rounded up.

Guest the sandman
Its gotten easier now that she owns the Omnia II. She said, this doesn't work, 10minutes later, it works. She actually likes me messing with this stuff now.

BTW...

MEGA UPDATE: 4 roms loaded for you to enjoy! This is still testing (version 3) until all bugs are caught and rounded up.

Sweet! I will be flashing in the afternoon when I get home from school. Most likely I will flash the 6.5 version cuz I like the speed and battery life on that better than 6.5.5

Guest sixstrings

BTW...

Another great job bro!!!!! i running the ultralite sense 6.5 and its great. Glad to see that the camera issue is fixed and that annoying sms sent notification is gone. I dont know how you continue to do it but THANKS!!

Guest nvrmind

I finally got time to load the new rom last night... I can't open email in the 6.5 Ultralite. The icon in the top right changes from an x to an 'ok', but the rest of the screen stays the same.

EDIT: also, the email is marked as read. weird.

Edited by nvrmind

Guest amdzero
I finally got time to load the new rom last night... I can't open email in the 6.5 Ultralite. The icon in the top right changes from an x to an 'ok', but the rest of the screen stays the same.

EDIT: also, the email is marked as read. weird.

thats odd, did test1 ultralite have this email problem?

Guest nvrmind
thats odd, did test1 ultralite have this email problem?

Not that I can remember, I'll flash it real quick and check while I wait for 4shared to let me download 6.5.5 ultralite.

EDIT: nope, works fine in ultralite 1

Edited by nvrmind

Guest nvrmind

Looks like 6.5.5 ultralite has a minor font issue...

post-652966-1297535705_thumb.jpg

EDIT: I was able to get my email setup, nonethless, and 6.5.5 ultralite has the same email problem as 6.5 ultralite, not able to open them. Looks like the same behavior, message is marked as read, however, the icon doesn't change (I don't think it ever does with 6.5.5).

Also, is there a cab for the samsung settings somewhere, I've looked around some, but can't find one.

Thanks

Edited by nvrmind

Guest amdzero
Looks like 6.5.5 ultralite has a minor font issue...

post-652966-1297535705_thumb.jpg

EDIT: I was able to get my email setup, nonethless, and 6.5.5 ultralite has the same email problem as 6.5 ultralite, not able to open them. Looks like the same behavior, message is marked as read, however, the icon doesn't change (I don't think it ever does with 6.5.5).

Also, is there a cab for the samsung settings somewhere, I've looked around some, but can't find one.

Thanks

WTF is that?

I'll cab up samsung settings for you.

Guest nvrmind
WTF is that?

I'll cab up samsung settings for you.

As I said, I think it's a font problem, that looks like wingdings or outlook font or something. That's how the 6.5.5 Ultralite 3 came up for me.

6.5 Ultralite Sense 3 works great.

Another thing I noticed on both ultralites (without sense) it makes me align the screen on first boot. The sense didn't make me do that.

Guest utdsoccer18

for those trying to fix the swype overlap in 6.5.5, try uTask over at xda

also i noticed on the 6.5.5 ultralite + sense rom that office mobile 2010 was not working

Edited by utdsoccer18

Nice ROM! Ultralight Sense 6.5 is working well on most of what I use.

All Mobile Mines didn't work on Test 2. Wouldn't load, blank screen. Works fine on 6.5 Ultralight Sense. However, Distant Galaxies freezes the phone. Holding the Power Button unfroze it.

XDA_UC reappears after every soft reset and asks Yes or No. Yes brings up a "finished" message, No closes it right away.

EDIT: Yes now reinstalls, so I may try renaming in Startup to disable but keep the option of reinstalling later anytime I need too. (What am I talking about, I will probably reflash anyway??)

Is there a link to WM Settings or name of the .exe? I know I can get there with (EDIT: Sense) Settings Menu / All Settings, but would like a link to throw into Main Menu.

Thanks again for the 6.5 attention.

Edited by Robtao

Nice ROM! Ultralight Sense 6.5 is working well on most of what I use.

All Mobile Mines didn't work on Test 2. Wouldn't load, blank screen. Works fine on 6.5 Ultralight Sense. However, Distant Galaxies freezes the phone. Holding the Power Button unfroze it.

XDA_UC reappears after every soft reset and asks Yes or No. Yes brings up a "finished" message, No closes it right away.

Is there a link to WM Settings or name of the .exe? I know I can get there with Settings Menu / All Settings, but would like a link to throw into Main Menu.

Thanks again for the 6.5 attention.

Remove XDA_UC from the Windows\Startup folder

The "flick" scrolling is not working on 6.5.5 UL+Sense on any of the menus(Start Menu, Settings Menu, etc...)

Edited by jberd

Guest amdzero
Remove XDA_UC from the Windows\Startup folder

The "flick" scrolling is not working on 6.5.5 UL+Sense on any of the menus(Start Menu, Settings Menu, etc...)

the flick scrolling is due to physicsengine.dll, it was removed in 6.5.5, not sure why. all my other 6.5.5 roms have it because I use the older 6.5 physicsengine.dll I'll upload it in a few min.

The XDA_UC script I put in, has an error, it deletes XDAUC.mscr, which doesn't exist in the startup folder, so yeah I have to fix that as well. for now, just remove it from startup.

I'm also going to up, the samsung settings for you guys. (thought I put it in, but guess I didn't).

EDIT:

see first post for scroll and samsung settings cab. still working the font and email issues.

Edited by amdzero

the flick scrolling is due to physicsengine.dll, it was removed in 6.5.5, not sure why. all my other 6.5.5 roms have it because I use the older 6.5 physicsengine.dll I'll upload it in a few min.

The XDA_UC script I put in, has an error, it deletes XDAUC.mscr, which doesn't exist in the startup folder, so yeah I have to fix that as well. for now, just remove it from startup.

I'm also going to up, the samsung settings for you guys. (thought I put it in, but guess I didn't).

EDIT:

see first post for scroll and samsung settings cab. still working the font and email issues.

Thanks for the quick fix, works now.

More issues:

-You Tube Videos will not play. The app loads fine but when trying to play any video an error appears stating "This video cannot be played"

-The 3G connection icon in the upper task bar is constantly gray accompanied by the arrows above the signal strength which has me concerned a bit since i don't have an unlimited data package. I do have BattClock installed but for some reason it's not tracking the data usage so i'll have to keep an eye on it through the VZW site.

That's all i've found so far, otherwise, everything is working great.

Guest nvrmind
Thanks for the quick fix, works now.

More issues:

-You Tube Videos will not play. The app loads fine but when trying to play any video an error appears stating "This video cannot be played"

-The 3G connection icon in the upper task bar is constantly gray accompanied by the arrows above the signal strength which has me concerned a bit since i don't have an unlimited data package. I do have BattClock installed but for some reason it's not tracking the data usage so i'll have to keep an eye on it through the VZW site.

That's all i've found so far, otherwise, everything is working great.

For the youtube problem, try to get the latest version by going to m.youtube.com/app in IE on your phone.

EDIT:

Samsung Settings are in there already for 6.5 Sense, so I think you are right about already putting them in at least for 6.5. I am looking for a link to the WM settings, which are available through Sense Settings/Menu/All Settings, but I would like to add to Main Menu.

Download Link:

here is the samsung orientation service AMDZero_motion_Agent.cab

Here is the HTC Gsensor. HTC Sense doesn't recognize it correctly so you can't us it to calibrate, however the htc sensor dll is in here so u can use "some" HTC apps/games.AMDZero_Test2_HTC_G_Sensor.cab

here is the graphic send button (instead of the Chinese character send button) for HTC messaging-btn_HTCMSG_TD_SEND.zip

(just copy it to your windows directory on your phone)

Have these all been included in Test 3 (and beyond)?

Guest the sandman

I'm using the 6.5 Sense rom and I have not experienced any problems with it, everything is working great and this is the best sense rom i have used so far. Great job amd!

Is there any way to get LED notifications back in the rom? It seems to have been disabled.

Guest chatmaster20

AMD, I absolutely love your ROMS. First, let me thank you very much for spending time and making our user experience so much better.

I just flashed to your 6.5.5 rom with Sense and I have a few issues. I set up a few email accounts and mail is coming in without any issues, but I can't open it. I can only see the preview of it in my inbox, but I can't do anything with the email itself. And the same thing on my other email account that I have set up. My other issue is with the camera, when I take a picture, I get a message saying that There is no file. Can you please help with my problems?

Thank you!

I am trying this ROM also, and overall like it, but it does have some issues. In addition to the email issues already discussed; When I try to opne Visual Voice Mail I get an 'error' box (yes that is all it says), and the app closes.

Also when reminders come up, or the display of a just received email or text, the display box is blank. I also have the camera issue.

Is a new version coming out soon?

Nonetheless thank you for all your hard work, you and the other chefs really make this good phone much better.

Guest amdzero
I am trying this ROM also, and overall like it, but it does have some issues. In addition to the email issues already discussed; When I try to opne Visual Voice Mail I get an 'error' box (yes that is all it says), and the app closes.

Also when reminders come up, or the display of a just received email or text, the display box is blank. I also have the camera issue.

Is a new version coming out soon?

Nonetheless thank you for all your hard work, you and the other chefs really make this good phone much better.

The rotation service has been put back in with test3, and the HTC G sensor dll has been put in also. The chinese msg box has been changed to a graphic send box (so no words needed)

The email is a big problem. I can't seem to figure out how to solve it. I've been trying different ports for the last 3 days and everytime its the same: the email will be marked as read, but won't actually open.

I'm going to try to modify one of my older builds and see if I can get email to just open. Bottom line, I'm actively working the email problem.

The camera issue is a new one to me. Do you get this when OPENING the camera app, or when pressing the shutter button to take a picture? I can't seem to replicate the failure for the camera. Is it only in 6.5 or 6.5.5 ?

Visual Voice Mail is NOT in these roms, and I don't use it so it probably never will be in the ultralite series.

The LED notification is something new. How did it respond before? I don't remember using the led for anything except charging it.