• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Newbie on Huawei U8110 and android

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi evrybody and a Happy New year.

Back ground

During my last trip to China I bought a Huawei U8110 (it should be the same as T-Mobile pulse-mini). This works perfect and well in China (if you can read Chinese).

In China I am using a simcard from China Mobile.

In Denmark I am using 3G simcards from Lebara and 3 and the phone as such work OK except that I can not access Android Market, and I can not install apps like google maps (but Internet, WiFi, e-mail and GPS works OK.)

I can only download those apps i have access to through the chinese programs.

Now The questions:

Where can I read/learn how the android works?

Where can I learn of the different layeres in Android )(Kernel, intermidiate and apps layers etc.)?

And the most important question:

Where can I get instructions (for Newbies) of how to change from the China Mobile software (kernel or application layer) to e.g. T-Mobile software.?

My background

I am very experinced in Pascal and Delphi programming as well as web programming so I should be able to learn the mechanics of Android.

Best regards,

Arne

Posted

hi,

for the pre-installed ROM, u may check the below site for other ROMs

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/down...p;softwareName=

it used to have many different countries ROM, or you may try the custom ROM.

for the Android Market, were you able to access Android Market while in China?

may be you didn't provide the GMAIL account to log in to the Android Market... my wild guess.

Posted

Many counties do not yet have an actual working android market. Try flashing a T-Mobile ROM, like TCT (The Celestial Teapot), or another.