Nominate a Mod/Split the forum into sections - Poll now closed.

Guest cobhc

Guest shadowninty
There is already an apps section called Software It's above the devices in the main index.

apps and accesories specific to the blade

e.g:

Cases for the Blade that fit

Modded working radio app for Blade

Tips for making Angry Birds run smoother on the Blade

Guest awarner

And this is where moderation come in to play, you should notice these posts reducing, multiple topics about certain apps and cases etc can be merged together or they can just be locked to keep one main topic going.

Cases for example you only need one current topic having a seperate section just for things like that will not work. You will always have the new and sometimes regular user who will still post in the General section no matter what.

Most of keeping everything tidy is down to the user not the moderators, while they are here to help they are not here to hold everyones hand, that would take a full time job and please remember we all do this for free and give up our own time to do it.

Guest oh!dougal
And this is where moderation come in to play, you should notice these posts reducing, multiple topics about certain apps and cases etc can be merged together or they can just be locked to keep one main topic going.

Cases for example you only need one current topic having a seperate section just for things like that will not work. You will always have the new and sometimes regular user who will still post in the General section no matter what.

Most of keeping everything tidy is down to the user not the moderators, while they are here to help they are not here to hold everyones hand, that would take a full time job and please remember we all do this for free and give up our own time to do it.

Well, we've had a few days for things to bed down.

Around noon UK time, I did a count of threads active in the previous 24 hours. (Immediately after which I got called away to attend to "life" ...)

Regarding subjects that I would categorise as relating to "Apps and Blade-specific software topics" (but not including "I fink I broke it" threads), I counted at least 18.

And during those same 24 hours there had been 11 threads active on the subject of Blade accessories.

There are now over 60 pages of threads in the main Blade forum.

The thread clutter itself discourages people from looking for a suitable thread.

The easy thing to do is just to open (another) new thread -- and that seems to be particular so for new members.

aq very large part of the clutter is the re-asking of FAQs.

To tackle the problem of clutter, I really do think that providing more sub-fora would be very helpful.

The process of considering WHICH sub-forum starts the would-be thread-starter into a process almost like thinking. And from there its a smaller leap to wondering if anyone else has posted on this subject ...

Just sayin' ... ;)

Guest Rotmann

+1 for two sub-fora for accessories and software-games. Also +1 for Frankish to become a mod. Can't figure out why he did not become a mod, he contributes so much to this community and is very active on many topics too (as opposed to some other mods - don't want to be rude, just my 2 cents).

Guest deanhiggins2
+1 for two sub-fora for accessories and software-games. Also +1 for Frankish to become a mod. Can't figure out why he did not become a mod, he contributes so much to this community and is very active on many topics too (as opposed to some other mods - don't want to be rude, just my 2 cents).

+1

• 1 month later...
Guest oh!dougal

Can't actually say I've noticed much improvement yet.

"Most of keeping everything tidy is down to the user" is a wonderful truism.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that ordinary users can do about other users who are so lazy and so disrespectful to this community that they make the place "untidy".

The problem of "untidy" users can ONLY be dealt with by the Moderators, I regret to say.